The Return of the Heroes Festival

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Disappointing that the sword replica weapons are only usable by certain classes, and nothing else was added for anyone else. I guess brawlers, mages and half the priests just have to suck it up.

Good idea, bad implementation.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

3. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Seems the Spawns have returned to CL, SS and EJ on Splitpaw, but this problem is a biggie. Low level spellcasters have no issue hitting the mobs. Low level pure melee can't touch them. Oddly enough as a level 30 Berserker against Roehn Theer I was able to get the aggro meter up to 90+ despite over 10 other players inc lvl 100's fighting, but the little symbol in the detrimental effects window never appeared. That's 4 tries now, and no credit.

I note that rangers (low level vs high level puppets) only Hilt Strike and Evasive Manoeuvres (iirc) EVER hit, but then almost 100% of the time.
  4. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Yeah this was an issue last year as well. Melees have trouble with the higher level ones as their abilities are generally melee based. I honestly don't know what to try to fix that, though. Maybe some of their non-damaging combat arts? Taunts, or something? They don't have heals, unfortunately, or they could heal a level 100 and get on the aggro list that way.
  5. Tetrol Well-Known Member

If they made the "Strike of Consistency" a 100% hit - then at least we could get one hit in.

It's ridiculous - I's currently "fighting" Roehn Theer solo - have used my entire power up and haven't got one hit in - even tried to salvage him to no avail lol
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm having issues with 45 Bezerker not getting credit with Roehn Theer (haven't tried Baelon yet), 50 Guardian can't get hate with Baelon. It's very frustrating. :mad:
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with my toons not getting tokens for a kill. They get credit for the kill but not the tokens. And one time one of my toons didn't get credit for the kill even though she started the fight.

The down parts are a bummer, but otherwise I'm having a good time with the Heroes quests. I think I'm still missing some quests, based on what others are saying, so I guess I need to go to Zam and see how many quests are actually offered or maybe DB could list them for us and who gives out the quests <hint, hint>.
  8. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

The quests are located in Qeynos and Freeport, a few are repeatable daily.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm now having two new problems with the Heroes quests. On The Dream Adventure quest I am stalling at entering the dream world with Thumore. Twice I've timed out and crashed to desktop. The second problem is, now that you've combined servers, I can't get my toons, on different accounts, in the same Qeynos.

One is in the default and the other is in Qeynos 2. Apparently the default is so crowded that I'm automatically shuffled off to Qeynos 2 which is really irritating. One has lots of people to hand out flyers to and the other has only a few players. We really should be able to choose which one we want to enter regardless of load.
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

Group your toons, right click on toon and go to whichever Qeynos you want. Yes, if one Qeynos or Freeport is full new logins are placed in overflow, it's not personal. Also if zoning to Q or F one is given the choice of instances. It makes sense if 1 is full a character would automatically go to 2.

Don't know why your are timing out unless you are opening multiple accounts on one machine and you don't have enough RAM to handle them all. I do fine two boxing with 8G RAM. Well, I really can't box worth diddly but I can do the Hero's Festival sort of okay lol
  11. Zyxia Active Member

Hi there
    I also get drained fast whilst fighting the puppets, and a lot of times did not get the credits due.
    My biggest problem, though, is that this year I am not being able to start the repeatable quests on my main character - not even once. People are running around throwing ads at me and I got nothing to throw back at them - lol
    ohh and I would sooo love to set off the Ro candles :))))) I miss not being able to do that.
    There are things I would like to buy from the merchant with the tokens, and I can't because I can't win any, because I can't start a quest. At least I can do the puppet ones, but that's all.
    Yes, I sent in a petition, and no I have not heard from them, so it looks like my main is going to totally miss out this year.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do the quests, that would be really frustrating ;( Can an alt do them? The tokens are tradeable, so if an alt got them they could give them to your main tp spend.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

GrunEQ try to talk with the lady that tells the story she gives you a special buff for low levels so your hits count too, or at least that's how it worked last year
  14. Zyxia Active Member

thank you so much for this - didn't know they were tradeable :)
    and
    yes my alts can do them but not my main
    and i do sympathise with Daybreak cos i realise they have a lot to do right now,
    which is why i haven't hassled them about my petition - i simply wanted to let them know in case other people have had this problem
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Yes, I've talked to Roslyn, but, you know, I'm all for trying one more time, just to see. Thanks.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I keep my fingers crossed for you GrunEQ
    I have done the dragon in Eidolion jungle on a level 10 and it worked , if not get into a group with a higher level
  17. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ok, in another thread, Aivet from HoF, said to go to the Dragon AA tree and take the 2nd one down that adds damage to taunts. It works beautifully. All my melee toons were able to complete the quest.

@Schmetterling thanks for the crossed fingers :D