The Pyres of the Scorched Sky Celebration Are Reigniting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Bludd Well-Known Member

kander confirmed in discord that the dark side of ethereals quest not triggering from overland heroic weekly is not a bug, its intended and they will change the text to say "heroic dungeon weekly quests"
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was able to get all of the gems for the banner in this afternoon. I did something I hadn't dine in the past, go into the crater in Darklight Wood. Also went to Butcherblock and The Commonlands. The Commonlands could use a boost in Pyre elementals. 6 players, barely any elementals.

And folks, clean up the battle after you are done. Don't just leave those poor dead elementals on the ground there.

I did get some coin of ember that way, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that ? Anyway, due to upcoming dental woes, I no canna go all access for this event, and likely tinkerfest to. So, please increase the number of pyre elementals in all zones. I only have 38 coin of embers after hours of toil.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

kander also confirmed that dark side of ethereals not giving double ethereal coins is a bug
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

OOh and I forgot to post here that the problems with entering the cave for the new quest for Scorched sky in Sinking Sands ,
    on Kaladim has been fixed .
  5. Doobius40504 Active Member

Now if I could just find Estmund Vynaan!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Doobius40504 Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Grats! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Alotta Junkin'Datrunk New Member

Does anyone know where the merchant for this event is on Tarinax in Qeynos?
  9. Ratt New Member

Can anyone "official" relay what the status is of our Double Ethereals for this event? It's been a full day of waiting for some real communication. I've been patient, but it's time to get SOME type of feedback. Guildies waiting to do groups & zones, but we don't want to do them if it blows our coins. Now it's the weekend.
    Something, ANYTHING, Please?
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

He is right at the Claymore in North Qeynos , ask the guard for sparkler
    I like to do this quest better in New Hallas , easier to find those fireworks launchers .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Holvarn New Member

Just an interesting note. I decided to start all new characters on AB server a year ago. Mostly just to "play again" because I had "everything" already. But of course I was expecting to use my level 120 who had a level boost and a tradeskill boost to be helping the others to develop.

Strangely, my level 120, who can only be called "casual" at this point... isn't as good at fighting the scorched mobs as one of the other characters who is around level 50. I don't have all the temp adorns and things, but I did start up a painlink and another one, so I had both a voidpiercer's CB and Pot buff on me. I've finished the "Blinding" timeline so that's where I'm at. I've been going back to get important things from previous timelines so I'm not moving forward yet.

But I think the mobs assume I"m on the dark side of the moon and wearing that stuff and have those buffs. Most of my stuff has resolve 165 or 155 from the previous content.

I wonder if the mobs could "be set to your level" based on a set of statistics other than just your level? I mean, level 100 is a wide set of possible power descriptions. And so is 120 now.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it's something about cap leveled character always was a problem , all you have to do is mentor him down by 5 or 10 levels and you will just mow them down .
    Breanna and Holvarn like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The mobs auto-level. So the higher your character, the tougher they get. I use characters adv lev 50 and below. With some totem of succulent and a merc.
    Breanna and Holvarn like this.
  14. Holvarn New Member

Ahhh, see that's what happens when I don't think about mentoring for a year. Thanks!
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  15. Tedra New Member

So is the Double Exp good for the entire Scorched Sky event? The little ftiny mention at the bottom of the announcement
    wasn't very clear..
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

17. Doobius40504 Active Member

This was a great event! I have 3 out of 4 of my toons fully Titled and Scorched! Thanks for the event!
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Doobius40504 Active Member

I got a nice fire-themed appearance set from this event. Not sure if it fits the bill for you, but it's worth checking out!
    Hope this helps!
  19. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Eh true enough but druzzil is also confirmed more than that actually the whole planes of prophecy timeline is most dedicated and focused on her and norrath is currently full of mages and she's the goddess of magicks so pretty major importance? Enough to get a holiday? Only zerani ro is considered of lesser importance because she's not well known and there is not a lot of lore about her in game the only thing we know is that she is the daughter of solusek ro and the goddess of hearth nothing else