The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sevantal Member

Yeah lets add another population killer to the game. Saweeet.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

10 is plenty tbh. Hi WoW.

But like you said, there's nothing currently stopping this server from having a "massive amount of other players" other than DBG trying to give it a negative connotation.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

And folks who continually for no reason gang up on folks to get them sent to the "prison" get to join them. Problem solved. :D *grabs another margarita and some popcorn*
    Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  4. Kraylore New Member

5. Somethingwicked New Member

I am a bit confused here.

1. You are making a server that will not be policed and will allow hacking, exploits, duping items, and any other currently "unlawful" Shenanigans one may wish to apply to the game?

2. Can I please get a list of Offences that will land me in "The Slammer"? I do not wish to be in this kind of environment and do not want to accidentally get sent there for something Stupid like disagreeing with a GM in game, and getting put in the "hole" so a list of "Imprisonable" offences would be nice.

3. Is this Just account wide or IP wide? I would hate for someone else who has an account on my computer (like my daughter) to get a life sentence and me be dragged down with her little criminal butt.

Thank you in advance for your time and your inevitable response to clear these issues up with me.
    Merriel, Awkk, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

They are consolidating us. If they take 9 servers down to 3 consolidated then they have 6 leftover servers. What to do with these? Prison server!

This is an interesting concept.
    Juraiya and Moonpanther like this.
  7. Margaritas Active Member

Please don't grab me.
    Belenos, Griffon Lady and Katz like this.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If ANY Top-end raid guilds result from this server, I'm done. I can dismiss the russians since its more or less the environment they are in, but to be so openly sanctioned, smh.

We can argue about time investment, gear chases and trash farming as a means to be top end but I'm not gonna entertain needing to pay for third party tools and resorting to exploits and bugs as a matter of course to keep up and I won't feel even remotely guilty about it because its completely unreasonable.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok first of all enough popcorn its messy your dropping all over the landscape
    do you want to go to prison
    here are some pretzels and some beer <-- oops maybe root beer is better .
    another question Can we have some stylish striped prison outfits and chains and balls on their legs ?oops lets call that a globe
    and chain.
    Prissetta, Awkk and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yo Neiloch.

Contacting all the robots. We're gonna run a 24x10 man guild with 10 people, feeding 10x worth of raid forces loot to one guild, thereby snowballing that raid force to be the BEST group of computers ever to have raided this game.

Report it? Nah. It's Drunder bro. No CS. Lol. Oh man, the potential for this server is pretty much limitless.

edit: Also, a server where exploits are ok? 13 Brigands inc.
    Winterfell likes this.
  11. Harborx Member

:cool: Call me snake. Couldn't resist lol
  12. Eyenstein Member

If you want a server by yourself move here. Because DBG has not shown that they can take care of the people that cheat and use 3rd party tools to get mob ID's for macros and such yet. It will be a lonely server for a very very long time.

Edit * added a o to macros because i suck at typing sometimes*
  13. Zaekor New Member

heh,. .we should be able to make a toon on this server to troll the trolls....
  14. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I'm... not sure what to think of this.

One question: What's to stop them from creating new accounts?
    HaphazardAllure and Sigrdrifa like this.
  15. Hirofortis Active Member

ok, so they can't spare the time to do customer service, but they can spend the time trying to figure out if someone broke some rule on x date? That makes loads of sense.

Oh, and having customer service do it, I hope it is not the same ones who ban people for dumb reasons, or because they felt slighted for some reason.

If they are going to do it, then they need to have clear cut rules, otherwise they are going to start loosing subs.

Oh well. gues we will see what happens. I could think of a lot better experiments they could try. :)
    Merriel likes this.
  16. dalponis Member

Wow. What a way to de-value your game Daybreak.

No longer will I pay for a year sub, because if a developer just doesn't like me, I can be sent to Drunder; to never return.

Will you offer me a full refund for my year sub if this happens? Most likely not.

Guess it's month to month now because I can't trust the Devs.

I don't want to pay to play a game, and worry about a ban hammer.
  17. Strings Well-Known Member

Are we certain this is true? "If you don't eat your vegetables the boogey man will get you"
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  18. Soromir New Member

I guess I just don't understand priorities with all these decisions being made here. I'm still zone crashing 2-3 times a day, FIX THAT! Should've merged the servers BEFORE introducing the TLE that has already taken low pop servers and made them into complete ghost towns. Now this "experiment" which is a complete waste of time, effort, and resources to punish a small percentage of people? I just don't get it, honestly....
    Almee, Griffon Lady and Malleria like this.
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I guess that the thought process is that "well if they are banned we will never see additional revenue from them, but if they are basically exiled they may still pay to play." I guess the results will be determined as the experiment progresses.

My concern is the fact that a small handful of customer service people will have absolute decision making powers. I believe that while there are obvious things that we all know are against the rules, such as botting, we are entitled to see a rather detailed list of the types of things that will have you removed from your server. Are they randomly going to take the word of players that someone is causing problems? Will this truly apply only to rules in the EULA or will it expand to "bad behavior" as seen by the person reading it in chat. Will people stop ignoring people and instead sit around and report them instead in the hopes of seeing someone they don't like reassigned?
    Prissetta, Awkk and Griffon Lady like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dal you wont be banned " you will be exiled " and don't stop your membership you need it to play on Drunder
    I don't think I want to go there seriously but for people that like to have no rules it could be fun
    it really should be pvp so they can kill each other at any level in any place
    hmm the guards should be probably removed and should be replaced with dementors .:D
    Merriel, Prissetta and Juraiya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.