The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

That's the whole point. Those who persist in this type of behaviour on the live servers can then do what they please on their own server, without bothering those of us who play by the rules. If they want to break rules there, they can. It's nowhere near as much fun when people say we don't care that you do, go for it.

Daybreak is not forcing anyone onto this server. The players are choosing to be there either through seriously disregarding or breaking Daybreak's rules, or by asking to have their account sent there (yes, they do actually get a choice to go if they want to). Let the harassers harass other harassers. If your daughter plays by the rules and behaves herself, she will not be sent there. Daybreak does not force ANYONE to break their rules. That is totally the player's decision, and they will have to live with the consequences of that. Age has nothing to do with it - behavioural standards do.
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. Mathuzilah New Member

POEPLE! ! ! Look at the initial DBG post of this thread! ! ! Page ONE ( 1 ) The links are there for all the rules and regs of the game! Including terms of service and all of it! Click on the links there! That is where you will find all the things NOT to do! ! ! :mad:
    Eles likes this.
  3. Eles Well-Known Member

[IMG]

**Continues Sharing Popcorn and Margaritas* by popular demand**

[IMG]
    Chocoholic and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Mitten Active Member

And nowhere does it say that things such as ACT and ISboxer are allowed.
    Lets's face it, the only people that know the rules are DBG and they will use them however they see fit.

The players that are sent there that are actually botting can easily open new accounts and start again. I just worry about the players that are sent there for no good reason at all.
  5. Csipi Active Member

So anyone can be sent there I assume, not just subscribed players correct? So if a botter who was F2P gets sent there, he would have to sub to keep playing on the account, right?
  6. Jaqen Member

i am sure that will happen. or maybe botters will get ban?
  7. Xper Well-Known Member

That's not how it works. The money from Krono sales isn't 'set aside', that's money in the bank for them. From an accounting perspective, it may be classified as "unearned revenue" since the Kronos are functionally similar to a gift card, but that doesn't detract from Daybreak having that money as soon as you buy the Krono and them being able to do whatever they want with it.

Kronos are great for Daybreak, and Krono hoarding is even better for them. Think about it, Player A has 100 Kronos. That's $1700 that Daybreak has now, right this moment, representing services that they may never need to provide. Even if Player A distributed the Kronos to 100 other players tomorrow who then consume them immediately and begin their 1 month gold membership, Daybreak still benefited from having the $1700 for however long those Kronos existed between purchase and consumption. Krono sales are an interest free loan for Daybreak, with a loan duration equal to the time between purchase and the beginning of the membership period of the Krono - which like you said may be many months/years away.
  8. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

this thread had 666 replies. Dont worry friends ardur is posting so that the devil doesnt get us.
  9. Bashem Well-Known Member

We should call those who have been banished "Drunderheads" ;)

And this would be their theme song!!!!!!! LOL :p

Kittybock likes this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, from what I am reading above, is that these people will be required to pay for AllAccess to be able to play on this server, yet have complete freedom to do whatever they can to disrupt the game play of the others who are also 'forced' to play on this server and 'forced' to pay for said service. Obviously they aren't being 'forced' to play at all, but choose to do so, but they can only play if they pay, but are being denied the same services other AllAccess members have on other servers for the same fee.

Can you legitimately deny them said services, if they are paying for them? I hope the ToS will clearly state what they are getting for their money, if they are forcibly transferred to this server, and that the company has thoroughly explored the legalities of the limitations they are placing on these people who are paying for their membership.

I also hope that the staff are advised to be quite thorough in their investigations of reports of abuse, and don't ban people simply based on allegations that someone is breaking the rules. I also hope that the rules that will be applied to this are clearly outlined for everyone to see, else the many of us decorators who build in break-out zones in our houses could be considered among those rule breakers, despite the years of 'approval' by the company for doing just that.

Please don't think I condone such ill-begotten behavior, because I don't, and it's nice to see something being done about it. It's just my concern that this could very well cross the line into those gray area's that could very well lead to causing trouble for the company, especially if you get a staff member or two who turn out to be heavy handed in giving out bans, and I wouldn't want to see that happen. I think the evidence against said accounts will have to be pretty concrete before bans are handed out. I also think a petition process will need to be in place, for those who feel their acct was banned unjustly to this server, in which they will be permitted to present their case, so that if they were indeed unjustly banned, that can be undone if found in their favor.
  11. Tayet Member

The EULA you sign when you sign up for the game states they may restrict or ban your access to your account at any time you are found breaking their rules. So, no, this cannot get the company into any trouble. They have every right to put you into drunder, or outright ban you, whether you are paying or not.
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In Crushbone chat, looks like we've already had a couple of people sent to Drunder. It's on!
    Kittybock and Belenos like this.
  13. Etainne New Member

Crushbone chat has been a cesspool for a few years. Unfortunately I've seen alot of them on the Stormhold TLE server still doing what they usually do but instead of confining it to general they are all over the place. I have no chat channels open on either server anymore. At this point unless something happens to stop it I'm considering canceling my sub after 10-1/2 years.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, (1) use /ignore liberally, it's just a handful of obnoxious people, and (2) Drunder is going to get rid of the worst people.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

16. Antisocial Member

Daybreak's own personal Guantanamo. Aside from a few dissidents, at least the population here is consistent with the generally fascist attitude of the everyday conformist citizen that calls for a noose and hails authority with a stiff arm.
  17. Spindle Well-Known Member

Well hyperbole-d.
  18. Papa Boogles New Member

So my account was banned a few years ago, does that mean I can come back to play on Drunder? Or does it have to be a recent ban?
  19. Bine New Member

Oh man I like this idea. Its sort of like Australia! Given that the naughty players can just make new accounts there are those I bet that would like to keep botting and doing their thing their way. Giving them the option to do it somewhere that it wont bother the rest of us is a pretty good move. Some will make new accounts, others might just like to keep plugging away over there.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd recommend following the Banned Account Instructions from the Knowledgebase and ask to be reinstated on Drunder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.