The price of the Xpac

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Senvilan_Aphoticgaze Guest

Skrat@Crushbone wrote:
    Whooosh!
  2. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Senvilan_Aphoticgaze wrote:
    Exactly.
    The point was, idiots bought the reverse facing cow without actually thinking about what it actually *was*.
    Sheeple. And that's exactly who's going to buy this expansion at face value. That, and people with more money to throw around that don't give a rats.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jaffa Tamarin Guest

Felshades wrote:
    And categorising everyone with different opinions from you as an idiot is really going to help.
    People bought pet rocks. There's nothing new here. I know exactly what I'm buying when I get the AoD expansion, and it isn't a reverse-facing cow, or a rock in a box.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Skrat@Crushbone wrote:
    Comparing this expansion to a meal at a restaurant isn't a valid comparision, in my opinion. I see where you're coming from, but wholly disagree. Comparing the price of this expansion to other EQ2 expansions is the only valid (in my opinion) measure of its worth. We simply aren't getting the same amount of content for our money. Me, I'll be taking the $40 that AoD costs, and putting it toward purchasing Skyrim for Christmas. Unlike AoD, Skyrim actually contains something more than a bit of fluff, and it's guaranteed to keep me occupied for months. I challenge you to continue to be amused with your beastlord, pretty pony, and cloak a year from now. =)
  5. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

This is SoE's main stab (in my opinion) on getting EQII into the F2P market and it will take time and mistakes before the kinks and/or thought process is changed to be more in line with what its player-base wants. Regardless of whether anyone thinks this is a good or bad move, SoE will hopefully learn from any mistakes it makes and retain their player-base (hopefully).
  6. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Skrat@Crushbone wrote:
    Whooosh!
  7. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

When I actually ran down through the stuff that it had. I could care less about the mount, the house, beast lord was not fun to me, decorate your dungeon same thing not interested, reforging was a joke. I was glad I got invited to beta just 2 days before it went live. So I canceled my pre order.
    That only left me with 20 extra AA and tradeskiller apprentice that were even remotely interesting. 40 bucks for that rofl I got more fun out of the old adventure packs.
    Obviously lots of folks got the xpac even folks who told me they did not order it have it, that's OK I can see where this is going. Being nickle and dimed to death in the future.
    The way I see it I will keep my 40 bucks and they can keep the xpac, first time I ever went that route, but I refuse to validate the new business decision process that soe is trying to force on me. I read sj's producers letter and was like meh so he is proud of giving us an xpac with no real content to it. Im not a sheep, but it sure looks like other folks might be.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zarulm Guest

For me the price of the regular edition seemed justified. The only thing I really cared about is Beastlord and mercs, both of which I loved from EQ1.
    Plus I look at it comparatively, will I get a lot more hours out of the new toon than I would a console game for the same price? Yes. I also had a lot of station cash floating so I bought it that way. Had that option not been available I would not have bought it. So technically I got it for only 15$ with the 4500SC added during that triple points weekend.
    If there is bad business going on as you see it, then just dont buy it. But dont berate others that will get some enjoyment out of a product.