The Pillars of Flame - what is this place

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by iamvegano, Feb 28, 2020.

1. iamvegano Active Member

Can anyone tell me what this small city is I have circled and is it just a pretty picture on the map or accessible? If the latter, any hints are welcome.

[IMG]
  2. Einhander65 New Member

That's madjul floating in the sky.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can access Maj'Dul from the carpet at the Sinking Sand docks. The carpet guy is under a tent at the bottom of the dock.
    Schmetterling, iamvegano and Breanna like this.
  4. RoseGold New Member

that...city is freaking cool if you haven't visited it. Its pretty big. I loved that zone in the day.
    iamvegano and Breanna like this.
  5. iamvegano Active Member

I gave up trying to figure out how to enter
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Why? I told you exactly how to get there. Go back to Sinking Sands. Right by the dock, there is a tent with a magic carpet guy. Take his carpet and travel to Maj'Dul.
    iamvegano and Breanna like this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Didn't Sigrdrifa answer you in an exhaustive way? Well, you need to be in "Port of Tears (the Sinking Sands dock) under a tent, at ( -1442, -226, -380 )". Next you need an NPC "simply named "a nomadic carpet keeper"". He stands under tent next to other guys in turban, like at his. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Keeper.png/revision/latest?cb=20140220024556 Only now has he shaved off his beard. Click on him and go to Maj'Dul
    iamvegano, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. iamvegano Active Member

Ok, I try again, I do not remember what happened at the docks but I am sure it was a user error :)

9. iamvegano Active Member

Now I am entering while I write this message. I wonder if it is possible the carpet ride was not available for me at the time I was there, like maybe my faction was bad or something else? anyway.. it worked and even though my level is much higher now I will explore :)

10. iamvegano Active Member

I love it too now.. its relaxing, beautiful and easy to navigate

Thank you again :)
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I do wonder why they changed the means to access the city. For the longest time, there used to be a magic carpet you clicked on that would ONLY take you back and forth to Maj'Dul. There as absolutely no mistaking of which one would take you to the city. Now it's just part of the general travel network in the Sinking Sands and you have to manually choose to go there.