The perpetuating Problem with Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by CSP84, Dec 21, 2020.

1. CSP84 Well-Known Member

For quite sometime, or more expansions, the Ranger class falls more and more behind. The class waited for the so-called major AA- Revamp and class balance through the whole of BoL. But where are we now, the answer is worse than ever. We are far behind in DPS and what is worse is the feeling of being ignored by the devs.
    A good example of what's going on with other classes and ranger lately is the massive outcry of BLs for shared pets stats, so they can AFK DPS again. It was given to them. Ranger asked for a DPS increase and nothing was giving.

The question for JChan and other Devs is "Why is there the perpetuating problem for not giving Ranger the tools to compete with other classes DPS wise, while at the same time those DPS classes getting better and better".

The situation is very dire for the class, we need a DPS boost rather quickly and not waiting till the next GU in spring or the next expansion in a year's time.

A couple of suggestions :
    Ranger's Guile: Please change this into a Mark of the Huntress" buff. Or increase CAs by 20-30% to be on par with Assassins.

Predator's Final Trick : Remove the Stealth CA requirement, so we can cast all CAs. At the moment this AA is in favor for Assassins.
  2. Tegan Active Member

I'm waiting to see how we perform once raiding starts.

PFT works on any CA. It's just a temp buff. I'd suggest casting PFT and Stalk/Stealth and then Shadebringer/Sniper combos (a lot). PFT+Stalk/Stealth is like a 15k potency boost.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Makeshift arrow should proc on every auto attack again. That's a pretty easy and nice buff right there that shouldn't take a lot of time implement.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update ! PFT still reads a stealth CAs only.
  5. Tegan Active Member

Although the triggers for this show that it will proc A LOT, it is still limited by the "once every 4-6 seconds".
  6. Vokan Well-Known Member

The proc limit is the same thing that keeps the Bruiser down also. Maybe not remove the limit but make it every 1-3 seconds and that would be enough to put it up there without being OP. But seems like they could easily play with those numbers without screwing up anything else.
  7. Zishan Member

I haven't had the chance to test my ranger in ROS, my main these days is a Troub which I have focused on. But in BOL I did gear and test allot and saw the disparity between T1's in similar gear/stats against my ranger.

What I am curious about in ROS is whether the Heartseeker hawk is doing any extra damage in comparison to BOL or the amount is the same. I have seen BL pets do over 75% of their parse, that just seems very out of balance. If other T1 class pets can have such a boost in damage why cant they do that with the hawk?, although admittedly I would prefer increases in buffs/CA to make it more fun to cast and compete rather than send in the pet and go have a coffee.

I like the idea on makeshift arrows timing tweak. In the early days of BOL the mage spells got an increase in their damage spells, I think same needs to be done for rangers CA's across the board.

Also the new shadow AA's (ready up) will be useful in resetting some of those CA's, does anyone know if things like PFT is included in that?
  8. Borb Member

i can confirm that PFT does get reset with the RoS prestige ability.