Not A Bug The Patchwork Tapestry Quest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tindrial, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Tindrial Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Cosmetic
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Greater Faydark
    Character: Level 13 Warden

Summary: The Patchwork Tapestry
    Description: There's a couple of things weird about this one. First, my character is a fae so why does she need to do the fae language quest if she should already have it? I don't remember having to do the Erudite language quest on my Erudite character.

Second, The quest description says Hunt fairies in Norrath to gain fay fabric patches to study. These patches will drop off fairies but they also drop off treats and bixies -Two groups that have their own L&L and Language Quests.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Arasai and fae do naturally speak fayefolk and faerlie, but the quest starter for fayefolk still drops for you, and you can still complete the quest, if you feel so inclined. It was introduced with the launch of the game (before Echoes of Faydwer and the fae were introduced), and the quest remains available to all. You certainly don't have to do the quest to understand the language.

You are right that fairies are not the only ones with a chance to drop these fabric pieces. There are others out there that have happened to have collected such fabrics for themselves or who are themselves part of the fayefolk family, and thus do know the language, along with some others. Hence, they do have a chance to drop the fabric too.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Twyla, Jinksie and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tindrial Member

That's actually kind of cool. Thanks!
    Kaitheel likes this.