The Order of Rime

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Anestacia, May 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

How would he know? Rime is not exactally advertising who they have captive.
  2. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    How's this for a theory:
    [IMG]

The Order of Rime is really the Dodge dealership in cunjunction with the Far Seas Trading company trying to enslave the masses of Norrath into buying oil and then gouging them up the wazoo for gas prices. They even offer you a sweet looking mount that takes you through the lands at blazing speeds, but I bet it gets poor milage. Yeah. I'm onto you soe....
  3. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Hmm so the Rime are really car salesmen...it makes sense!
  4. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I'm making up some lore, and publishing it on the Crushbone server. Look for the Origins of the Rime on the broker if you're from Crushbone!
  5. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Having just finished all the the Order of Rime quests, they do not reveal the origin of the Order. They simply inform you that Kraytoc Killingfrost is travelling far and wide looking for certain, unamed artifacts of great power. They form a wary alliance with Rile Sathir who wishes to use the Order against his father. Killingfrost believes the item he seeks is locked away in Charasis in the Emperor's Aethenaeum, which none of the Sathir Dynasty- Rile, Ganak, etc.- have been able to crack into, though not for lack of trying. Killingfrost succeeds where the Sathirs have failed, apparently because many of the wards Venril placed upon the vault were to keep his own family out so they could not use what lay within against him.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You haven't finished the questline yet...
  7. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Has anyone found any lore on the Order of Rime? I finished the quest line for them yesterday and it really didnt explain much about who they are.
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Lizzoraus@Blackburrow wrote:
    The reason you don't know much about them is cause this appears to be a prelude to the next expainsion... in otherwords what we find out about them will slowly come out in drips and drabs until the expainsion is released then wie will likly find alot...though not everything, about them.
  9. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Bah, you're right, I'm up to the heroic one. With raid nights we only had time to run one of the new ones and we did the Kurn's heroic instead.
  10. ARCHIVED-Trevalon Guest

Well in that E3 Interview Alan Crosby specifically called the mobs "Ice Giants" which means either 2 things:
    1) They are from Halas/Permafrost area (Unlikely cause Permafrost is...still with us lol)
    2) They are from Velious.

I think the fact that he called the Ice Giants pretty much says that they are from Velious and that is where we are going.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

They have blue skin like the ice giants, so "Ice" being such a very broad term doesn't really clarify anything just from that statement, even though it is obvious and he's not trying to hide anything from it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

Not to jump on the bandwagon for Velious <tho I hope it is!!>.... it could be when he is referring to Ice Giants, he is referring to the fact that they are giants and they are on the ice floe.
    Possible he is saying that...but we cant read too much into it just yet. We will find out this weekend I am sure then we can start speculating in earnest.
  13. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Lady Shai wrote:
    Speculation aside, it IS Velious from the descriptions given by the Iksar Bard of the area they (Rime) are from and the gear they used. It is obviously crafted Velium.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The bard never gave any descriptions of where they came from though.
  15. ARCHIVED-ariastama Guest

Bandorn@Venekor wrote:
    actually the gear they use is what ever they pillage. thier weapons are made so they cannot be used on another rime member. thats a good way to prevent and uprising or if your army become void infected
  16. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Has anyone just spent time with the bard? To see what she says (no you can't hail her) just stand there or sit if you prefer and wait, she'll talk on her own.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

But she doesn't really say who these guys are. She just stands there and recites her stories.
  18. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Bandorn@Venekor wrote:
    Oh the irony...
    So, Now that we know Odus is coming... Any new theories on these guys?
    Since we still don't know where Odus is or how Halas connects to it?
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Vanisher123 wrote:
    Originally on the test server, the introductory movie to the Order of Rime said they blew in from the North.

It was changed to "Blew in from across the seas" on live. Still, we should expect to see them relating to Halas.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

nm was replying to something a million pages back