The Ooze Crawler and You

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Solaran_X, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Solaran_X Guest

I didn't see any other posts addressing the exact type of debuffs the Ooze Crawler puts out, so I decided to make one.

The Ooze Crawler is the final AP int the Gravecalling line, which boosts your pets in various ways (Damage Absorption for the Berserker, reduced resists for the Warlock, and increase CA hit chance for the Assassin) - although the Ooze Crawler itself is a very unimpressive animal.

At first glance.

This pet is absolutely no use when soloing, unlike the other three pets (depending on your play style). However in groups and raids, he can make everything noticeably easier against melee-based mobs due to his debuff (the icon is identical to our pet's Offensive Stance spell icon, except the background is blue instead of yellow), which not only hits the mob it's attacking but also every mob within a certain range (although I'm unsure of what that range is).

And now, without further adieu...I present to you the debuff of the Ooze Crawler that makes all the difference.

• Targets in the Area of Effect will reduce the chance for their primary weapon's autoattack to affect multiple targets by 25% (If level 52 or higher)
    • Decreases Attack Speed of targets in the Area of Effect by 10.0 (If level 10 or higher)
    • Decreases Damage Per Second of targets in the Area of Effect by 10.0 (If level 10 or higher)
    • Slows targets in the Area of Effect by 20% (If level 10 or higher)
    • Decreases Ranged of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)
    • Decreases Focus of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)
    • Causes target's combat arts to miss 10 more often (If level 38 or higher)
    • Decreases Crushing of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)
    • Decreases Subjugation of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)
    • Reduces target's spell and combat art damage by 5% (If level 52 or higher)
    • Reduces radius by 15% (If level 66 or higher)
    • Reduces Double Attack chance of targets in Area of Effect by 25 (If level 66 or higher)
    • Decreases Riposte Damage of targets in the Area of Effect by 25% (If level 66 or higher)
    • Decreases Slashing of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)
    • Decreases Piercing of targets in the Area of Effect by 24 (If level 24 or higher)

Apparently, there is more to his debuff since the screenshot of it I got from my most recent group has "Examine for more effects..." at the bottom of the tool tip.
  2. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I took a screenie of the Ooze pet's effect a while back. Youve already spelled it out, but I'll paste it in here for redundancy's sake.
    There's a continuing love hate with this pet. In general, the AA line isnt that good, not compared to other available lines, but it's not bad either per se. Im a big fan of enhancing Undead Tide. In any case, I was extremely excited by the possibility of it in raiding initially, effectively dropping the mob by two levels. And it is a pretty wicked effect, but you really need Blood Pact with it to keep it alive, and it also cuts your dps by around 800 or so. Now the necro has all kinda jobs in raid, so you may not be going crazy with dps anyway, but after a couple months I just wanted my dps back. Inicidentally, you can cancel the "blackness effect" with the group skelly illusion. But for all I know, the T8 version of this pet doesnt do that. What is it anyway?
    This is what the pet did pre-nerf... This is what it does now...
    [IMG] [IMG]
    The skill reductions are what was changed, reduced from 21 to 13. It used to drop the mob's effective level by 4. But still, it is really good. It's just a matter of whether you can do without the dps of your mage pet, or in recent numbers, the frakkin scout.
  3. ARCHIVED-Solaran_X Guest

Is that screen shot you posted something else the Ooze Crawler does? My information was coming from this:

[IMG]

Edit: Looks like you caught it too. If only that massive amount of damage was something the Ooze Crawler did...
  4. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Been meaning to ask, for anyone who actually went with this end line ability did they give it a new graphic for t8?
  5. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Is that a recent screenshot Vaeamdar? The skills reduction at 24 puts it back at the pre-nerf 4 level drop that it used to do. I never heard anything about it being un-nerfed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nitra Guest

I went this line, being in a raiding guild this pet is one of the most effective pets against any AOE boss mob. Healers can get in closer, AOE does not cause as many problems, and against Myong in MMIS it is an absolute must.
    Nitra
  7. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

Would be interesting to use in PVP groups. But probably not worth it losing the main pet to do it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Solaran_X Guest

Okay. Just got out of a group where I managed to open an examine window for the Ooze Slime debuff and get screen shots of it for a mash up (since, for some reason, I couldn't resize the examine window in ProfitUI to make it a one-shot image).

Right now, I'm a L79 Necromancer, so I assume the debuff gets better as you (and thus the Ooze Crawler) level (since the skill debuffs are 25 now and I'm 79, while the previous screen shot had 24 at 70). But here is a complete screen shot of it's debuff.

[IMG]

And yes...that is one massive debuff...
  9. ARCHIVED-Scriptease Guest

That's impressive! Thanks for this info!
    I remember bringing mine on a few raids, but it died so quick and it would AoE aggro. I know the aggro thing has been changed a bit. Any clue as to how many HP it has?
    Maybe a stupid question, but Will two Ooze Crawlers stack debuffs?
  10. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Has anyone else used the Ooze crawler raiding in T8? Here is what I see in my logs and I am hoping I am missing something....
    (1197430532)[Tue Dec 11 22:35:32 2007] Justicia tries to disease Pawbuster with Ooze Slime, but Pawbuster resists.
    (1197601185)[Thu Dec 13 21:59:45 2007] Justicia tries to freeze Iztapa Vyx with Ooze Slime, but Iztapa Vyx resists.
    (1197601510)[Thu Dec 13 22:05:10 2007] Justicia tries to disease Adkar Vyx with Ooze Slime, but Adkar Vyx resists.
    (1197601984)[Thu Dec 13 22:13:04 2007] Justicia tries to disease an Askalan Hierophant with Ooze Slime, but an Askalan Hierophant resists.
    (119760198[Thu Dec 13 22:13:08 2007] Justicia tries to disease an Askalan Seer with Ooze Slime, but an Askalan Seer resists.
    (1197601997)[Thu Dec 13 22:13:17 2007] Justicia tries to disease Wymbulu Vyx with Ooze Slime, but Wymbulu Vyx resists.
    (1197602543)[Thu Dec 13 22:22:23 2007] Justicia tries to freeze Zykluk Vyx with Ooze Slime, but Zykluk Vyx resists.
    We never see the Ooze slime debuff land After careful review of my logs and ACT all data shows resist after resist.
    Pet is not on passive...it is not on ranged...I was able to keep the pet alive for the entire duration of a couple fights (only a couple times I had to recast the pet once a fight) and still nothing.
    (I counted over 24+ resists on epics...I didn't include all of the data to avoid a long spam of the same msg)
  11. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

To use the OC succesfully on raids you really need to get the Pacts AA line capped. The AOE immunity for the pet really makes a big difference since that is what kills the OC nearly all the time. Since some AOE's are front arc only, you can also help keep the OC up by placing it at the rear of the mob.