The "Obol" Problem......

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lament, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Hopefully said merchant isn't locked behind 12 hours of solo lore quests...
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Awesome Kander! This was SORELY needed for this system. This might actually make it workable and possibly better than the DoV system but I'll be holding final judgement until I actually see it in practice.
  3. Kander Developer

It will not be Sir. You have my word.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Good news from Kander.

My experience of obols/spirits are as follows:

Spirits seem to come in groups for me. I'll have 5-10 runs with nothing then 2 or 3 will drop in the space of 2 or 3 instances. I have only received about 3 or 4 since the change over 30 or so instances, and 2-3 prior to the change (that gave all in group the loot) over a similar number of instances.

Obols vary, occasionally I'll only get 1 per instance, but I have had about 8 drop in one instance before. Just mass killing on the docks I'll get one to drop roughly every 2 clearances, so in afew hours I can get 20 or so, without having to rely on forming a group, so I'm reasonably happy with that.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I wanted some clarification. I assume this means the adornments that aren't 'war runes' or 'proc' adornments? When I hear 'base stat' I usually think things like stamina, wisdom, agility, etc. You are talking about 'blue stat' adornments like crit bonus, potency, ability reuse, etc. adornments for armor slots right?
  6. Geothe Active Member

I'm guessing "base stat" means adornments that go on armor slots.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I took that to mean, no 'war runes'. ie. momo or whatever his name is othmir/gnoll faction. not in kael Drakkel.
  8. Kander Developer

Correct.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Erszebeth Active Member

Kander...I think I love you....
  10. scousetroub Active Member

Are we going to get War runes unlocked that we loot in raid ?

Bit like the one in Kael just put some sort of flagging system in and get them from merchant in Cardin \Ward ?

Well this bit more of a wish :D
  11. Sophronia New Member

In the name of fun and enjoyment, PLEASE make war runes account unlock able and then shard & merchant purchaseable as before.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can buy them anyways.... if you looted or not... i mean, game gets easier each patch.... didn´t bother this would happen ^^ (Would solve the problem with preaddorned items too ^^)
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem terribly necessary since you really only need one (of each one you want to use) and can dislodge them. I can imagine some cases where people might need multiples so they can have one of different pieces for different scenarios. Not myself though.
  14. Lorion New Member

Is this still true? Will there be a Obol to Greater Spirit conversion, like Kander promised?
  15. Mohee Active Member

Someone told me you will be able to sell 1 Greater spirit, for 18 obols.

If that is true...

Why not just adjust the drop rate of obols so there isn't a need for a currency converting merchant to begin with?
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I think he backpedaled on that almost immediately.
  17. Geothe Active Member

Yeah, No way you should get to change Obol to Greater Spirits.
    Actually group and do heroic level content if you want to buy heroic level gear.
    Mass slaughtering solo-con out door mobs should not provide a path to heroic gear.
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Does it realy matter if you can swap them or not? I don´t even know what to buy with them right know.... well 1-2 parts for the inqui, but thats about it (i do heroicgroups on daily basis ^^ just for fun)
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Be nice if when you actually do get to run a zone, an essence would drop.
  20. Foretold Well-Known Member

What are these "essences" you speak of?? ;) To date I have only had 4 drop. Ever.