The Nine Prophets

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cyanbane, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Just a quick point on the prismatic quest - one reason to do an important 'event' quest like this is that it sticks into your characters bio. I have walked around Norrath and often I get an extra option to indicate to npcs that my character was the hero that saved the world and defeated Darathar. Good to see the devs added that acknowledgement outside just quest/status reward as a permanent aspect!
  2. ARCHIVED-Coccinea_Maga Guest

That gentleman (and his sister in the Commanlands) was part of the Erollisi (Valentine's) Day quests.
  3. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

they do? never noticed it before but that sounds neat. what npc's exactly?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Just common everyday NPC's found inside the cities and villages. They say different things whenever you walk around with any of the Suffix Titles of:

"Of the Shard" (Prismatic quest)

"The Treasure Hunter" (5 Heritage quests)

"The Lore Seeker" (10 Heritage Quests)

"The Relic Keeper" (20 Heritage quests)
  5. ARCHIVED-ironman2000 Guest

Just out of curiousity, if you are a Dark Elf Warden or Fury in Freeport, who would you worship? I would like to see Karana as the third neutral choice for the simple fact, that way furies and wardens in freeport could worship a force of nature type god.
  6. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Out of the available gods, I'd say that Brell would be a good choice for a Freeport based Teir'Dal Druid, being a god of the Underfoot (sorta nature related).
  7. ARCHIVED-ironman2000 Guest

I guess maybe Solusek Ro too, being he is technically a force of nature, fire is a force of nature too, so that covers earth and fire, thanks for that suggestion :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Any dark elf, regardless of thier chosen class, is not a dark elf if they don't worship Innoruuk if given the choice.

That goes for druids as well.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

dark elves aren't the only classes that choose druid in fp.. heck I have a frog fury in fp because I just plain did not like qeynos but wanted a frog. so I now have my main and a high lvl alt without what I feel is an appropriate god for either of them (unless exiles are allowed to worship any god). no one should be pigeonholed into having only 1 diety choice that fits their char without having to stretch for it or come to a compromise in the person's mind about it.. and that's what's happening to the fp druids imo.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You know what? I've just realized something with this whole debate over what gods should or should not be allowed for a person of a certain race, class, or alignment.

This is just back when EQ2 came out and they announced that all races can play as all classes. Many people, myself especially, thought it wasn't fair or right for certain races to be allowed to be certain classes. Case in point, it's still a crime against nature for anyone shorter than 4 feet to be a monk. It's a disgrace to the class itself given the racial history of the gnomes, Halflings, Dwarves, and to a lesser extent, the frogloks and ratonga.

But things have changed now. The Race All Class All thing no longer matters because when it comes right down to it, the race no longer factors in anything important to how powerful the class is. (Unless they're humans, because Humans are superior to all ;))

But now we ARE faced with a restriction. The exact opposite is now happening because the ability to worship a god is restricted by your alignment and the initial choices of the gods at the very start.

If everyone was able to worship any god regardless of race, class, or alignment, it wouldn't be an issue when it comes to roleplaying.
  11. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

ah thought they got rid off all those npcs and this was a new 1
  12. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

Hmmm what if it doesn't matter what God you pick they each have God specific spells/miracles/items for each of the four different sub classes Mage/warrior/scout/healer meaning that you can pick the god you want without loosing anything in the way of ability's?
    so a Dark elf warrior can worship Inny without any worry of getting spells/miracles/items that are less effective for his class because he didn't pick Zek? (not cookie cutter of each though)
    It might be a little suspect from a law point of view, but could be dealt with by the gods wanting their worshipper being the strongest no matter what class they are.
    That would stop a lot of the complaining about Classes not having a god for them on their side of the divide.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Its official now. (I mean it this time)

Brekkee: *MethX* Have you all decided on the type of Gods for EOF?

Lyndro: I’ll assume you mean which gods are available for worship. On the Good side you’ll have Tunare, Mithaniel Marr, and Quellious. On the Evil side you’ll have Cazic, Rallos, and Innoruuk. For neutral (Available for either alignment) you’ll have Brell, and Solusek Ro.
    Lyndro: At least to start with, the system is very portable, so we expect to continue to add more gods as the story progresses.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=gameplay&message.id=105744#M105744

Just to reassure everyone, here's an official statement that there will only be 8 gods, and which gods at that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Naica Guest

So did anyone see the gag 9th prophet in EL yet?

It took forever to read all his text because I was laughing over it all. Great comedy...

BTW, that comment from house of commons really can't 100% be taken as there will only be 8 Gods for sure. If they're keeping the 9th under wraps, they're not going to state it until its time - the Keeper of Secrets has always been accurate if not a little vague about things, and he calls them the 9.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jida Guest

cut from that chat:

Brekkee: *MethX* Have you all decided on the type of Gods for EOF?
    Lyndro: ’ll assume you mean which gods are available for worship. On the Good side you’ll have Tunare, Mithaniel Marr, and Quellious. On the Evil side you’ll have Cazic, Rallos, and Innoruuk. For neutral (Available for either alignment) you’ll have Brell, and Solusek Ro.
    Lyndro: At least to start with, the system is very portable, so we expect to continue to add more gods as the story progresses.

Just cuz their is only 8 worshipable ... doesnt mean there is only going to be 8.. the 9nth may be there at launch.. but be one that the other 8 are fighting, or just not worshipable..

/giggle.. ;-)

Message Edited by Jida on 08-04-2006 06:54 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Ok seriously, do you really need to split hairs? How obvious is it to figure that out? seriously?
  17. ARCHIVED-Jida Guest

Not splitting hairs..

and it took me at least 40 seconds.. im slow today =)
  18. ARCHIVED-syous01 Guest

Yea I just hailed him, pretty funny stuff.
  19. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

Not sure if this was asked before but, why wouldnt Zebuxoruk be the 9th god? He might not have all his godly powers but he is still a god. Perhaps he is his own herald? He is neutral after all, isnt he?
    Message Edited by kythik on 08-08-2006 05:05 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Already confirmed he's not.