The Nine Prophets

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cyanbane, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

From reading that, I take it to mean: Here's a comprehensive list of the 8 that people will be able to worship. Whether this is all of them or not, we will not reveal until EoF beta comes closer.
  3. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Actually Im afraid i dont see anyway to interpret that reasonably than the 'simple' fact that there are EIGHT and that is the list.

Quote:

I do want to mention that there will be eight deities that people will be able to worship in Echoes of Faydwer. Many people here already have them correct, but here's a comprehensive list:

---

1/ There will be eight deities that people will be able to worship. Yes it doesnt say there will be ONLY eight deities one will be able to worship but that is already IMPLIED lol, other wise just what exactly was the point ot stating the magical number 'eight'? After all if there are more, did the devloper take the number 'eight' out of a hat for you? :)

2/ The comprehensive list that then followed was that of the 'eight' that we are going to be able to play.

3/ Another developer quote already stated that if YOUR favourite god is not on that list, DO NOT worry since they may be added in future adventure packs and expansions. (I won't trawl through this thread to find it, you are free to look for it because its there - mostly to do with concerns over Bristlebane and Karana).

The last part especially sums it up for you. Here are your eight, you are not getting more - you likely will in the future. I am sure the developers find it very amusing how people can look at such a clear statement and still find a way to interpret it differently to keep their hopes up :) Remember, almsot every statement can be left open to interpretation unless the writer takes the utmost care to ensure every single word is in place correctly. I don't think the developer in question here ever thought that he needed the word 'only' (and he didnt either reasonably speaking since his statement was pretty clear) but then as we have just shown in this thread, he is being exposed to people who are super sceptical here until it hits them in the face :)
    Message Edited by VizP on 07-29-2006 12:32 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

How the heck did you get up there!???
  5. ARCHIVED-DynamicPerformance Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Coccinea_Maga Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

thats what ive been trying to tell theese people but do they listen to the gnome? no they don't :smileytongue:
  8. ARCHIVED-Defender of Antonia Guest

How the heck did you get up there!???

About 30 mins of jumping from the back window onto one of the spikes onto an invisable ledge and after about 100 tries getting onto the bee hive
  9. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Here's a thought on the ninth god. It's supposed to be part of the storyline of EoF, so what if it doesn't start as a choosable diety, but becomes an option when someone first completes the over-arching story (EoF's equivilent of the prismatic questline.)
  10. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

whats prismatic quest do? all i have heard is that its a pain in the tooshie
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

If the developers were smart, in my oppinion, they'll avoid another rediculous Prismatic/Peacock/Claymore line of quests that require insane group requirements to retrieve super rare updates from super powerful mobs in the deepest parts of the dungeons of the new expansion.

The Peacock line was fun. It was soloable for the most part and not very difficult after that, but the Claymore line requires a group the very moment you set foot inside Sanctum of the Scaleborn, and it only gets worse from there.
  12. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

i am level 39 and i have been down to the second level of scaleborn a group of my level 65 + guildies died before i did lol
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

... that only makes sense if you were "following" them. Either way, at that point of the quest, you have to group up to get almost everything accomplished regardless of what class you are.
  14. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

lol yeah i followed them and out lasted them got to SoS on my own tho
    Message Edited by Evilcow on 07-30-2006 06:01 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

What I mean is that the prismatic was a big part of the over-arching storyline for the original release of EQ2. That story may have ended with level 50s killing Darathar, but it began with level 1s having their ship attacked by drakota
  16. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

In my honest opinion, the Creation of all, and the end. The beginning and the end, or is that the End of the Beginning? :smileywink:

I'm not a Dev so I can't officially awnser that, maybe through acts of creation such as tradeskilling and giving items to others who need them randomly (might additionally be a good way to empty my trash tradeskill items that won't sell), or destruction of things that that should have had an end and linger on. wether through destruction of the entity or rebirth.
  17. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

Sing it with me! This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started posting to it not knowing what it was and they'll keep posting on it forever just because this is the thread that never ends yes it goes on and on my friends........(repeat endlessly)

:smileyvery-happy:
  18. ARCHIVED-Scarrlette Guest

Try to stay on topic please! :)
  19. ARCHIVED-backtostart Guest

"cleft in twine at the dawn of time, the two shall stand once more in a united front against that which brings the end"
    i think this is talking about the elfs and dark elfs uniteing to fight this god. I think this because all dark elfs are decnded from high elf and all high elf are decended from dark elf. The elf king and queen were kidnapped by innorruk and corupted so the are all intertwined and related to each other since the dawn of time.

The hissing of the serpent... line i think refers to cazic thule or the sleeper
    I think the lord of darkness line refers to lucilin
    Crimson lord i think is naggafen
    She who represents the forbiden two shall start the march of fate, refers to veeshan i think
    Once more her allies will give thought to the life anew, refers to tunare i think
    Forever the comander, refers to rallos zek i think
    just something to think about
  20. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

what about the guy by the nq gate talking about if the god of love or who ever it was was here could he have anything to do with it?I mean being the 9th prophet
    Message Edited by Nethirln on 08-01-2006 10:34 AM