The Niboota House Challenge!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Kianne, Uwk, and Oaky were all going to do tinkered stuff. I split the list between the three of you, then because Kianne wasn't able to do it, she mailed her list to Oaky and Oaky did both, but the stuff Uwk did was a separate list. I thought I had made it clear in a previous post I was splitting the list between the three of you so as to make the work load easier. Sorry for any confusion. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries! Just didn't want us to be reinventing the wheel and have the Dojo filled to the brim with just tinkered stuff after awhile! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Never mind...finally saw the original post way back when again and realized why the deadline was what it is: before her birthday! :oops:

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hmmm I missed the posting about trying to extend the deadline. Yeah I wanted this to be a birthday gift to Niboota from everyone. There has been tons of time allowed and everyone had a small area to decorate that I don't think extending the deadline would be necessary. If I were to extend it I think it would conflict with the Tinkerfest event. I realize lots of cool other events have happened when people said they would help with this event but I hope people kept this in mind while doing so. 3 people are done with their areas, one person has backed out and I haven't heard from everyone yet if they even remember they signed up for this. Stormhold has had enough time to speak up if they wanted to work on area in City of Mist house. Unless I hear from someone they want an area in the City of Mist house I should probably just keep it to the Dhalgar and Kromzek Keep. I guess if I don't ever hear back from everyone or if more people back out I will have to come up with a plan B.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...I took a really bad fall this weekend.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh no! How are you doing? :-/

And yeah, that was my mistake on forgetting why you'd set the deadline in the first place! My only excuse was that it was a good nine months ago... :oops:

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

No need to extend the deadline. It was just a suggestion in lieu of having others craft the tinker stuff for us, Ocarinah. As that's already been taken care of, we can still meet the deadline. Thank you! :)
  7. kianne Well-Known Member

i hope you are ok hunni /huggles .... get well soon xxx <3
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oaky if you have an area where you need help because of shortness of "staff" then I'll be glad to help - just let me know what area and remind me of the item count I'm allowed and I'll cobble something together!
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Ah okies. I have been soooo behind on forum posting.

I had to run a bunch of errands with hubby on Saturday and at the end of it we stopped to eat something. There was a drink area that was tile which was like 3/4 inch higher than the cement flooring. When leaving the drink area my one foot hit right in middle of these two areas and I twisted my ankle which then caused me to fall...I was so worried I would crack my head up that I moved a way I shouldn't have which hurt my lower back, I hit a hard thick woodend table with my wrist which hurt my wrist and shoulder. Hit 2 chairs on way to floor so they flew up into air. Then I hit the floor really really hard on side of my knee. I took extra meds Saturday and yesterday, kept rubbing on pain cream and had a few drinks to dull the pain some so I could do a few stretches on my leg. That seemed to help out cuz I can walk again just slowly. Kills when I try to bend it too much tho. At least I didn't nose dive into cement this year...last year I tripped on a sidewalk that had shifted due to our cold weather and face planted and slide forward on my nose so I scrapped the skin off nose and knees and scratched my glasses too. That was on my way into my birthday dinner. I don't wear glasses now but still was worried I would crack head open on table or floor. Thankfully I didn't do that.

I will let you know, Febrith, as soon as I can. Probably be end of May tho since people might have taken break due to rl or something.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yikes! <hugs> from Catsy.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Oaky's probably not in California or New York...either place, I think, would be really worried about a lawsuit after something dramatic like that (probably not the sidewalk thing, the gods know our sidewalks are atrocious, but definitely the drink place. That sounds like a violation that was waiting to happen :(). :-/

Did you get your twisted ankle wrapped up at least, Oaky? :)

Uwk
    Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, that just sounds awful, Ocarinah. I am surprised as well, that they have something like that going on, without at least having signs up to warn people of the uneven floor there. My daughter and I took my grandkids to the zoo this weekend, and they have the main path closed off, so there is this kind of hilly gravelly path they have the guests using at the moment, and if my granddaughter had not pointed it out, I probably would have fallen myself. There were these little pipes sticking up out of the ground about an inch or two in height and the color blended right into the path itself. It was on the side of the path, but because I am slow, I was staying to the side so people behind us could pass.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, okay, let's see if I got this right...the Dhalgar house is primarily like an "overflow" house, if folks wanted to do more or a different area than a Kromzek room (right?). I'm on the map for Vdova on the Halls of Fate Kromzek house, Febrith and Yamantanka are on the Kromzek house for Thurgadin, and while I'm also on the general list of names for Thurgadin (Ratta) and Test (Spiritmaker for carpentry and Abrahm for books and expanders [thanks for getting those in, Kasa! I was despairing of being able to do those!]), I guess I'm confused as to where or what or how much I'm assigned to in those two areas, since I'm not listed on the Krom map (awesome job on the Thurgadin Krom, you guys! :D)? One room, no rooms, all rooms, helping out Feb and Yaman with their rooms on Thurgadin, all by my lonesome for the carpentry on Test (though I have some ideas)...? Wasn't sure, since I didn't get any mail on my gals from anyone but Building. Time to double-check on Uwk's; it's been awhile... :oops:

And Katz and Val, please don't wait up for me on our Halls of Fate room! I'll be more than happy to be the colonel to your generals there! Or at least mail Vdova with your ideas! :D

EDIT: Okay, nvm; just caught the primary mail on Abrahm! :D I don't see anyone else decorating on Test (though thanks again, folks, for all your help there! You know who you are! :D), so I won't fret about it...though I hope nothing goes to "waste"! :-/ Thurgadin folks, again, please let me know what, if anything, I can do! Halls of Fate folks, I'm there; just let me know where you need Vdova's stuff! :)

Uwk
    who just got slapped upside the head with something large and nasty in RL (panic mode time :-/) that will take precedence..."fortunately," I only have until the 31st to do something about it X-P
    Merriel likes this.
  14. Valzen Well-Known Member

I've been finished with my room in Kromzek on HoF for a long time. :oops:
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

Yep. I think its just me on the room now unless Uwk has time to help.
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So for the Kromzek house the following have indicated they have completed their space:

Febrith (Area 1) - Still need to recreate on AB
    Valzen (Room 1) - Still need to recreate on AB
    Team DVC (Room 6)

For the Dhalgar house the following have indicated they have completed their space:

Kianne (Lower Level room)

Because of the very small item counts and lots of people wanting to decorate, I added the Dhalgar house for people to decorate. There are still rooms available. I was going to add the City of Mist house since that house can be claimed on Stormhold. I don't know if the Dhalgar was ever allowed to be claimed on the Stormhold server (it was at the time I started this). If nobody else signs up for the Dhalgar house that is fine. If people cannot finish their rooms in the Kromzek house, I will find a way to get them finished. Just a reminder that it has been setup so that people can decorate on their home server but then all the rooms will be rebuilt on AB by me since Niboota's home servers are AB and Stormhold. I don't really have any way of completing them on Stormhold but only Boglily has indicated she could decorate there but will decorate room 8 if nobody else signed up there.

Uwk/Katz: Uwk signed up to do Room 5 with Alynaryne (Katz) on Halls of Fate server. I know that you said you would help with Test if you could team up but nobody else on Test has signed up to decorate there. Are you still planning on helping Katz with Room 5? If the thing you just got slapped with prevents you from helping Katz, then I can help out Katz. Halls of Fate is not my primary server but I can try to help out best I can. Please contact Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah (on her because working on memorial house for friend).

I will be sending out messages today about Kromzek to Yamanthanka (room 4), Boglily (Room 8), Arynel/Melyshia (Room 2), Guinvere (Room7/Breakout), and Ennia Room 3. I will be sending out message to Guinvere and Xeeta about Dhalgar house as well.

I will try to recreate the finished rooms on AB soon, just trying to finish up the memorial house I am working on first.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek! :eek:

Why are you blushing, you're the responsible one of us two... :oops:

As is Katz, no doubt! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, Uwk does! :)

Uwk just wasn't sure if there was time to do 2-4 huge houses... :-/

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, no, I can help out Katz! :) Was just panicking, because that's apparently actually one of my major hobbies. :-/

Uwk
    Gretel and Merriel like this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

DVC has already recreated the Kromzek room in the Kromzek on AB server, so that's one less worry for you to have to deal with, Ocarinah, albeit there are not many items used in it to begin with. We just need Niboota to place one of Niboota's Dojo portals in the Kromzek, so we can place it where we need it. I don't know if the entrance is going to be decorated, but if it is, you might want to have her place the portal before that area is complete. :)