The New Purple Adornments - A Quick Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lojaak, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Firstly, massive thanks to Niami Denmother for collating lots of amazing information on EQ traders. I started researching these runes myself, and got a lot thrashed out, then found her brilliant guide at http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q261&menustr=060000000000 which helped polish everything off.

If someone has posted this info already on here I haven't seen it. Also please let me know if I've made any errors and I'll correct! Hopefully this will be helpful to people seeking sets, as I know I wanted to get the Paixao ones made up for my guild's tanks, prompting this research so I know which TS to run through the sig lines next.

Onto the meat. I've been seeing people link these runes, and apart from running one character through the TS timeline and getting their recipes, and seeing the linked runes, I didn't know much about them. These runes can replace any of the armor set runes OR war runes that you may already have. Some of the effects are geared towards the new Ascension classes, but rely on a set bonus. The runes are Lore-Equip so you will need each one from the set to get the bonus. It seems to be a flexible mix and match system. Some of the bonuses won't be at all useful just yet due to the Ascension levelling gating, but others are great for anyone.

So a quick breakdown: First the set name, then the bonuses (and if they apply to an Ascension spell I've put the class and level) and then the 3 rune names and the tradeskill class that makes them.

Aspect of Paixao
    (1) 26% pot
    (2) 28% mit
    (3) 4 Fervor
    -Ascension of Love (Alch)
    -Firmament of Passion (Jewel)
    -Foundation of Excitement (Sage)

Aspect of Zou Kunnen
    (1) 26% pot
    (2) +25,000 power
    (3) Applies Ascension of Magic: Increases damage of Frozen Heavens (Elem lvl9), Implosion (Eth lvl8), Terrestrial Coffin (Geo lvl4), Virulent Outbreak (Thau lvl6) by 4%
    -Ascension of Magic (Sage/Alch/Jewel)
    -Firmament of Power (Arm/Tail/Weap)
    -Foundation of Thought (Carp/Prov/Wood)

Aspect of Aniquilacion
    (1) 26% pot
    (2) +100,000 ability modifier
    (3) Applies Ascension of Destruction: Adds fire damage to Tainted Mutation (Thau 9), Granite Protector (Geo 10) and Ethermancy (Eth 10)
    -Ascension of Destruction (Arm)
    -Firmament of Fire (Tail)
    -Foundation of Ruin (Weap)

Aspect of Pingyuan Daiqu
    (1) 26% pot
    (2) applies Firmament of Growth: Increases the window of opportunity for another to trigger a combo effect from your ascension abilities
    (3) 25% max health, +250k health
    -Ascension of Life (Carp)
    -Firmament of Growth (Prov)
    -Foundation of Earth (Wood)
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for posting the class breakdowns. Very helpful.
  3. Xavion Well-Known Member

when it says 26% potency does it just add on top to the potency stack or does it increase all of your potency by 26%
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

This is great. I hope it does not get buried in a few days.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It adds (plus whatever conversion, etc. bonuses you have)...1000 would become 1026, for instance.
    Leonitas likes this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I add threads like this to my "watched threads" list. That way I can find it even if it does get buried.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  7. Asuna Member

I just copy and paste it into a player made book that I put in my library. =)
    santargria, Katz, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The details are linked in the Tradeskill Guides section of my site. I know there's a playermade book floating on the AB broker with the info in it (and a copy sits on top of my guild's harvest depot). I like the above summary better than what I have on my site, though, and may have to do some editing of mine as health/energy permits. :D
    DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  9. Aezazal Member

Thanks for this idea. Why didn't I ever think of this...
    Asuna and Prissetta like this.
  10. Alakazou Member

Can anyone explains me exactly what does this mean in simple words?
    (2) applies Firmament of Growth: Increases the window of opportunity for another to trigger a combo effect from your ascension abilities
    What are combo effect from ascension? How do you trigger them? how can you measure that window of opportunity? can you see in ACT when this happens.
  11. Lojaak Well-Known Member

This isn't something that was really revealed in beta, and I don't know if we are seeing it yet with how early into ascension we are, but the little information I have gleaned is that it is something like a Heroic Opportunity for ascension skills, in that certain combinations will trigger special effects or make them more powerful.
  12. RescueMe Member

No one knows yet. The best guess is that some sort of combo will be able to occur when people have more than one Ascension class available to them.
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

It is puzzling to me why this doesn't enhance an elementalist skill. Ascension of magic benefits a skill from each class. Was this an oversight or intentional omission? If it was an intentional omission, is there a reason for leaving the poor elementalists out in the cold? Probably a question for developers but speculation would be welcome!
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

it increase window of opportunity from YOUR skill to trigger combo (see discussion about in here) from 5s to 8s