The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Seni Active Member

Thanks - I'll look there.
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

Good summary ther Pip, but you forgot Landmark. AFAIK that is totally SOE, PSS1 have no involvement. So even if PSS1 did introduce an all-access scheme it would not include Landmark. So there is no way for an EU customer to get the same service with a single account, whether they are new PSS1 customers or grandfathered SOE customers. So if you are EU you will pay more for the same thing (even accounting for currency and tax differences).
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  3. beagley Well-Known Member

Aye, I got the same e-mail too - twice! I share your frustration Pips but have come to the conclusion that SOE are not going to change their minds or offer any form of comment. It's their standard "ostritch head in sand, hope it blows over/goes away" tactic.

For me, All-access offers nothing more than a change in name for my EQ2 sub. I don't have enough time to invest in playing multiple MMO's. I'm not going to try EQ1 and Vanguard, which I might have had a dabble with, is being axed, oops sunsetted in four months so why bother. The one game that I would have been tempted to invest time into is EQN, but if that means I need to go to PSS to access it, I simply won't go there. Ever,

Unfortunately SOE doesn't seem to remember that with community games that guilds and friends want to remain together, hence the whole uproar originally when the PSS partnership was announced as EU and US players were going to be headed towards segregated servers until they changed their minds.

By the same principle, if some guild members cannot or will not move to EQN due to the PSS roadblock, then other friends/guild members will not go either either even though they are on "full all-access SOE" accounts. Perhaps we are all solo/moloing these days and therefore that isn't a consideration anymore?
    Rynda, Renada and Pipsissiwa like this.
  4. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

SOE SIlence(TM) as always. :(

Agree totally. I currently only play EQ2 from SOE and Vanguard was the only other game that may have tempted me - not wasting my time on it now. I mentally wrote off EQN a long time ago as I will not ever go near PSS1 ever, regardless of how much I want to play a game, but now I find the tease that maybe we can have it with SOE after all, or then again maybe not, to be very cruel and unfair. I've decided to just assume I won't be playing it and forget about it - I'm happy with EQ2 and ESO right now (which apart from the lack of housing, which I'd put money on them adding, suits my play style to a tee).

I just really, really struggle with letting the head honchos at SOE get away with treating us loyal, paying European customers so poorly compared to US/Rest of World customers without making a fuss, a noise, and a protest. We are an afterthought to them at best. SOE seem to come up with ideas and then remember us Euros after it is all decided. And get annoyed when we point out how things won't work for European customers, let alone grandfathered accounts. How little they care about us is getting beyond a joke.
  5. Layla Littlenymph Member

When I purchased Silver on my second account, I could not find it listed in the marketplace either.
    It WAS there (as of two months back) but I had to use the marketplace "search" feature in order to get it to come up.
  6. Eshaac Active Member

Just 2 more days after today! I can last, I think I can, I think I can!! Oh wait, wrong story.....

Eshaac
  7. Balkin Member

I read the PS7 thing for Euros as a "coming later", rather than "You will never get it"
  8. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

PSS1 have been promising an equivalent All-Access plan for European players since they first 'partnered' with SOE well over 2 years ago. It has been 'coming later' for all that time already. Patience and belief wears very thin after all that time, especially when those players are having to pay much more for their games than their US/Rest of World counterparts while waiting.

All-Access was denied to all European players grandfathered to SOE at that time too, so actually anyone from Europe who wanted All-Access couldn't, and had to pay separately for all their games whether with still with SOE or not.

At last SOE are granting All-Access to us grandfathered Euros (Yay!) but with notable games missing in DUCO and Planetside 2, (as they are now PSS1 only in Europe), and EQN remains unknown (chances are it will also be PSS1 only in Europe as that is what SOE have been saying up till now). On top of that PSS1 still haven't got their act together to arrange their version of All-Access. Hardly surprising European players are getting fed up with the mess, not to mention the financial and service differences for the same products.
    Sambril and Pariel like this.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Dear Players,

In an effort to ensure that the transition to the new All Access membership plan is as seamless as possible, we are going to be taking a little more time to test. So, we will be pushing the launch date of All Access to Tuesday, April 29th. Because of the portfolio-wide nature of this plan, this may prevent us from doing any individual game updates in EverQuest, EverQuest II, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online. These updates will resume normally after the All Access launch. We appreciate your patience and you’ll agree that our new membership offering is worth the wait.
    Neiloch likes this.
  10. Benonie New Member

I was a eq2 game dedicate only for 10 yrs, and only as of the last 3 mnths or so did I even consider playing DCUO via the f2p model. This Access plan which if I understand correctly Lowers my gold member sub by $5 as well as gives me top tier or end game access to SoE's portfolio of magnificent games as a collective bargain. It seems like a no brainer. Not to be charged any more (but actually less) and given access to a full line of gaming prospect. stipulated ofc concerning monthly rewards via SC and activity of each accnt. It's a great way for SoE to gauge which of their games are most popular and a way to better address the higher demands of the general gaming community as well as introduce those who only play one game perhaps because of economic incapability. to try the entire spectrum and give the community overall a much needed boost. I think SoE is making one of their best moves in ages. I'm not sure about the EU trade agreements or what you would call it ( Service provider or community engine, or even the Grandfatherd in doctrine) but I think that is a bugged that is still a work in progress from the looks of many disgruntled in this thread. I hope they figure it out and soon for ease of those in the midst of it so as not to lose a portion of the player base readily here. I played on EU srvr Runneyeye up until after about a yr of the splitpaw RE merge( about 6yrs), then transferred over to the American srvrs so my hope is with the EU population in hopes that it will be remedied and we can all enjoy this grand gesture of good will towards us the player community from our magnificent producers/devs. My only fear is that one day too eq2 will see a sunset, but I hope that day is afar off, and we come to have many more great yrs of gaming together. I think The Devs are on the right track. Although what I think really doesn't hold much weight, I am an appreciative member of the community in which albeit the devs don't get it right all the time, it is because the players are never satisfied. We have to stop demanding at some point, and eventually play the game as is, win or lose, or the game and the community will be destroyed in the process. I for one would rather see more play a simple game than watch it all be taken in the complexity of player mandate of Dev reaction instead of Developers putting their foot down and saying take it or leave it. It may sound Harsh, but I guarantee you that the ones that stay are truly the dedicated and will enjoy the game as it is meant to be enjoyed. While Devs can be left to their true responsibility of updating patches, fixing game bugs and working on new xpacs while addressing positive and negative feedback from the community, but not letting the players run the ship into the ground no matter how much we think we know. This new Access membership, outside of the tweaking of platform providers, and working out the old convenient systems such as game cards and Kronos, is a huge step in the right direction for SoE and I applaud them. Thnx for the great yrs thus far SoE and hopefully there will be many more to come.
  11. Eshaac Active Member

Well, now.. I can only imagine the safety you all are putting into this... keeping it hacker free and such... Here is hoping the 29th is the last pushback date required. Have to love them working so hard to make sure they've got it right!!

Eshaac
  12. konofo Active Member

The only net change in the new plan for me seems to be an added step every month to recover 500SC. So, calling it "worth the wait" is quite a claim, especially if this is keeping us from getting the new contested dungeon and heritage quest.

kono
  13. Sunje Active Member

Hmm initial date was februar right? :D
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Dont recall, the earliest I remember announced was "on or about April 2nd", then we pushed it to the 16th, then the 23rd, and now the 29th.
  15. Andesite Member

I'm assuming this means no high keep contested tomorrow?
  16. ramblinrod Member

I hope I didn't miss a direct answer to this in the FAQ and about 5 related, very long threads, which I really did read (in several cases twice, over the last couple of weeks.)

I'm assuming that if I go gold now with a krono, that I won't get the free 500SC, even when All Access goes live, but would have to sub yet another month before I started getting it.

I've been holding off subbing the account because of this, but if I'm confident that I'd get the 500SC even if I sub now, I'd do it in a flash.
  17. Eressa Member

I know it's not very popular of a choice with the player base but you're doing the right thing by making sure everything is absolutely perfect. Far, far better to get it right once then have something go wrong and have to deal with rollbacks, compensation, ragequitters, etc.
    Sambril likes this.
  18. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I could not find it this morning in the Marketplace... can anyone tell me if there is a way to buy Silver membership for bronze account now?
  19. Sambril Well-Known Member

I just checked on a Bronze account and I still see an option for Silver under the Membership section for 500 SC.
  20. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Hmm ok thanks.