The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

They stated before that all gold level accounts would be converted to the new All-Access and that for at least EQ2 all gold accounts (even if you pay with Kronos) will be getting the things, like the 500SC that only recurring EQ2 gold subs get.

They also stated that as of the 16th (at last notice, that's when the conversion to the new system is supposed to happen) there won't be what we currently call a gold subscription anymore. If you are paying a sub fee you will be all-access. If you don't you are a free to play account (no silver status either outside of grandfathered in accounts that currently have silver access).
    Shmogre likes this.
  2. Ssrilith Member

Still wondering if gifting will be included for Non-recurring all access people. Or is there even a such thing as non-recurring anymore when this takes place? Im wondering basically for people that pay with kronos and sc cards etc. Thanks.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I can't find the place where I read it (there are probably hundreds pages of posts on this at this point and I didn't feel like digging through all of them), but somewhere someone from SOE posted that gold membership would be the same for everyone. Everyone who was a gold member (or all-access as it will be called then) will get the 500 SC a month, the various other gold benefits including the gifting. They said they were no longer going to differentiate between monthly subbers and recurring subs. I think it was Smedley that said it, but I am not sure which message board it was on.
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Just so everyone sees this cause I know the OP hasn't been updated for the date change.

UPDATED: April 9/14 with revised launch date of April 23rd, ProSiebenSat.1 info and clarification on Marketplace purchases, as well as Dragon's Prophet in All Access.

Q: I am a Silver member in EQ or EQII. What happens to my membership?
    A: When SOE All Access goes live, we will no longer sell Silver memberships in EQ or EQII. Existing Silver memberships will be grandfathered in under the new program, and can still upgrade to SOE All Access at any time. If you subsequently discontinue All Access, you will revert to the privileges granted by the Silver membership.

So if you are F2P now, and want to have some more benefits, upgrade to silver prior to this change. Those who are gold now, I dont know of a way to have silver also, in case you drop membership in the future.
  5. Pariel Active Member

Hello,

With the all new FAQ updates for today please can a redname once again ignore this question or give a generic vague answer that doesn't answer the question itself.

As an existing EQ2 gold member from the EU the FAQ states:

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too? A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program

Check - that's me

Then we have the following FAQ:

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 23rd, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and Landmark!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off most Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

So, once again, specifically since it has also been announced that:

Q: I’m a customer of ProSiebenSat.1 Games. How will this affect me?
    A: ProSiebenSat.1 Games is not offering an equivalent to the All Access program at this time. PSG will continue to grant 500SC per month (with no action required on your part) and a 10% discount on Marketplace items (excluding certain items such as DLC, memberships, Krono or SC top-ups).

Can I realistically assume that since I meet the first criteria that I will be able to play Everquest Next with my existing EQ2 account even though I am in the EU

I mean, seriously, you aren't going to expect an EU citizen to pay $14.99 for an All Access account, then pay a further sub to play Everquest Next while a non-EU citizen gets everything for $14.99? That wouldn't be fair right? You wouldn't discriminate against a customer based on where they live would you SOE?
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

As everyone has posted, but I wanted it to come from a red name. :p

"UPDATE:
    The date for All Access implementation is now on or about April 23, 2014. All instances of the date will be changed to April 23rd. (OP has been updated)

Additional FAQ Info:
    Q: Will Dragon’s Prophet be included in the All Access program on April 23rd?
    A: We plan to include Dragon’s Prophet in our new All Access program and are currently working with our partner, Runewaker, to determine specific benefits. Until specific details are confirmed, please note in-game Dragon’s Prophet Marketplace items will not be available for the All Access discount until the game is officially added to the membership program. We will provide an update as soon as we finalize everything with Runewaker – please watch out for more announcements soon!

A: ProSiebenSat.1 is very excited about working toward a similar solution for EU customers. We are working closely with them and look forward to announcing a similar plan. Please stay tuned for updates.

NEW FAQ Info:
    A: ProSiebenSat.1 Games is not offering an equivalent to the All Access program at this time. PSG will continue to grant 500SC per month (with no action required on your part) and a 10% discount on Marketplace items (excluding certain items such as DLC, memberships, Krono or SC top-ups).

Q: What does the 10% Markeplace discount apply to?
    A: The 10% discount applies to all Marketplace purchases made using Station Cash or real world currency. It excludes Station Cash top ups, Krono, memberships, and purchases made using certs, gold, or other in-game currencies."
    Charlice likes this.
  7. Grundge Active Member

That is a shame that they are getting rid of Silver. For a new player, silver is just as good as a gold membership really. All the extras aren't really noticeable at lower levels.

Ah well, cant wait for the all access tho, will be nice not having to sub for EQ2 and EQ separately. As for the other games...meh I could care less. I am too entrenched in these games to start something new. I guess it is nice to know that they will be available to us, but I dont think I will ever try them.
  8. Ramone_AB Active Member

Because I am slightly drunk atm.. If I pay using Krono will I get the all the benefits as a recurring player??
  9. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Sober up, youre krono is just as good as subbing gold soon :)
    Luperza and Calthine like this.
  10. rantamizer New Member

I originally stared out playing EQ in 1999. I haven't played the original EQ in years. When my gold EQ2 account converts to Allpass will that mean I will have access to Character classes and other things that weren't available in EQ1 when my membership lapsed and it went to F2P? Most of the characters I actively played and gear I had in bags were all disabled by the F2P conversion.
  11. Luperza Community Manager

If you currently have a Gold Membership in EQ2, when we transition to the All Access plan, you will have top-tier membership in all applicable games for your account.

12. Tajar Well-Known Member

I see EQN is mentioned in there. I live in the UK now, am I going to be able to have EQN on my current account? Because at the moment when I look at it, it kicks me to Pro7.
  13. Rynda Active Member

I posted a while ago in the thread "It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!" after petitioning with regards to whether EQNext would be included in SOE's All Access for European customers.

The reply I received at the time was that all European customers need to sign up with ProSieben to access EQNext, and that no accounts will be grandfathered in.

Would a red name please confirm this or let us know whether any changes to this have been made?
  14. Renada New Member

Hello all :)

This is my first post here and it's quite sad that it's written to express my disappointment at the above reply. I was just about to renew my subscription but reading that I'd have to sign up with prosat to be able to play EQNext stopped me in my tracks. Right now I'm a Sony customer and am also able to play Landmark as a Sony customer and would like to stay that way. Hell will freeze over before I sign up with prosat and if it is truly set in stone it will be goodbye to EQ everything for me.

/end vent

Regards,
    Renada
  15. suka Well-Known Member

given prosat's track record and all that i have read about them in the forums, i am shocked that soe would insist on partnering with them. I don't know how in good conscious they could force a large part of their customer base to use a company who doesn't protect them in every way. This can't be good for soe's reputation or for the game. and i totally understand how you feel. if i lived in europe, i probably wouldn't play at all because of it. and not grandfathering existing customers in after saying they would is totally wrong so i hope they will clarify this.
    Renada likes this.
  16. Renada New Member

If we're grandfathered in I will be happy to subscribe and carry on playing sooooo fingers crossed .... :) If not, I'm off to pastures new.
  17. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Wal Mart 1500 +500 cards, will they be affected in any way by the All Access changes? Is it better to use them before the 23rd (I intended to use them for membership) or will they essentially be the same?
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Well, I was looking forward to the Marketplace discounts yesterday, but when I went to see if they were applied, saw they weren't and came to check here for announcements pushing the date further up ahead. Guess I should have checked here first. Oh well. Am glad to see this, though:

Q: I am a Silver member in EQ or EQII. What happens to my membership?
    A: When SOE All Access goes live, we will no longer sell Silver memberships in EQ or EQII. Existing Silver memberships will be grandfathered in under the new program, and can still upgrade to SOE All Access at any time. If you subsequently discontinue All Access, you will revert to the privileges granted by the Silver membership.
  19. Seni Active Member

Unfortunately, the silver membership thing still isn't completely clear.

When I go into my account details on my gold account, I see the following:
    EVERQUEST II GAME PASS DETAILS
    Enabled Features:
    • EverQuest II Silver Membership
    This is the same thing I see when I go into my son's Silver account details. From the FAQ, it is clear that his account will be grandfathered and he will go back to Silver if he goes all-access and then back; however it is NOT clear what happens to my gold account if my all-access lapses later. The wording of the FAQ needs to be updated to clear up what happens if you have the feature listed in your account. Both should be grandfathered.

I'd really like the above to be cleared up - I should have let my account lapse for a week to guarantee I would be silver when this went live but had not read about the week delay before I applied a Krono yesterday.

Also, does anyone know how to actually purchase silver? My daughter's account needs it.
  20. Feylone Active Member

I believe it in the marketplace. I forget which it's under. That's where I got it years ago for my second account.