The Mystery of the Ethereal Weapons

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

[IMG]
    Adventurers are stumbling upon weapons of great power. These artifacts, imbued with a mysterious spiritual energy, are being discovered all across Norrath.
    These ethereal weapons may be found on anything that gives loot. The rewards are variable, and they will be attuned to your level of play, making them immediately usable by your character. The weapons are rare and tradable.
    These ethereal weapons will not be present in this realm for long. As the month of August draws to an end, so too will the availability of the items.
  2. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Does that mean that if you are in a lower level zone doing quests the weapon will still be your level if it drops?
  3. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

What is the lore on these? Is this a build up to the expansion? I would like to know more.
  4. ARCHIVED-arohanui Guest

How does mentoring affect this, if at all?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cryptic_Thought Guest

I too would like the answer to the posts above.
    I've been hunting these ethereal weapons for 5 days for 3-4 hours each day and I've yet to recieve one.
    I have been hunting in the Withered Lands, Stonebrunt Highlands, Eastern Wastes and the Great Divide. I've come acrost hundreds, if not thousands, of treasure chests. Ive gotten a handful of Exquisite and ornate chests or trash mobs and those have had nothing but fabled weapons and spells.
    By hunting I mean starting at one end of the map and killing everything in the zone and then repeating this in another zone. I've also attempted killing specific areas of maps (for example, the rygorr mining camp in the Great Divide).
    Mentoring to both 85 and 90 I've obviously increased my chance of recieving a chest, but would that also increase my chance of getting an ethereal? In addition would mentoring to 90 or 85 only allow me to loot a lvl 80 ethereal because If I were either level I would not be able to use the lvl 92 ethereal?
    I know these things are intended to be ultra rare... The wasted (unless I eventually do get one) is a tad bit frustrating.
    If anyone has any tips, please post.
    I know of two guildies that have looted ethereals and they dropped off random trash mobs. One was looted at the Rygorr mining camp in the Great Divide off of a Rygorr Grunt by a lvl 92 player. The other was looted in Darklight wood off a random trash mob by a lvl 20 player. Other ethereals have dropped from mobs in Withered Lands by lvl 92 players. Anyone know of someone looting an ethereal and not being the level of the weapon?
  6. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Does this mean that if you have one of these it will vanish when the event ends or that you will just not be able to get them anymore? If you luck out and get one, then do you get to keep it?
  7. ARCHIVED-EQ2Templar Guest

Dexella wrote:
    So if you are level 92, mentoring a level 50, will the Ethereal weapon drop be level 92 or 50?
  8. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

Can we mentor down for this? If we are 92 helping a group of level 70 players, will the weapons even drop?
  9. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

ack@Lucan DLere wrote:
    They already said they are only available for a limited time.
  10. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

From what I can tell, the level of what you kill determines the tier of the weapon that will drop. Your class is not considered at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

I would like to know if anyone has gotten one if they are 92 mentored down, even to 90. Thank you !
  12. ARCHIVED-Iza Guest

Is it true you have to have DoV (or AoD) for them to drop? Very disappointed if so. :(
  13. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

No dripple up mob has droped one but i have get a bow from a dripple down rattonga that was 10 lvl's under my own ...
  14. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

yeah these things don't drop from 'any' mob. I've gotten 8 exquiste chests. 7 from named in instances and 1 from trash. no ethereal, in the past couple days.
    and so far NO ONE that has gotten one has gotten it from anything but 'trash' mobs. (mass slaughtering contested Hole/raid zone trash/mass slaughter WL trash mobs)
    which it is for starters, insanely rare to see a master chest off trash. and even then, you have a much higher odds of getting a master spell then an ethereal.
    at this point, I would almost say you have better odds of winning the Gigglegibber lotto jackpot then seeing an Ethereal weapon.