The Matron !!

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Schmoogles, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

I do talk to a few people cross servers but I'm really bored here at work and we should start a topic on the Matron today. How is everyone coming along with the Matron? Are people even spending much time on the Matron? I like this encounter a lot and will probably be one of my favorite encounters once we beat it but this leads into my next question.....Do you think it is killable at its current state? I'm a believer that everything this is killable with the correct amount of time spent on it but just wondering what everyone else thinks.
    Message Edited by Schmoogles on 07-25-2006 08:57 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

The current state of the Matron, I'm sure if it is possible or not; it sheerly revolve around luck. Getting critical hit by a ae that 1 shots your tank with adds running around with a insane amount of hp that cannot be stunned or mezed is lame, especially because they go around aoe stunning and stiffling people. I have hear some guilds claiming to brought the Matron down below 50, but I highly doubt it for getting it stabelized is hard enough.. then u have the chance of getting 1 shotted anytime throughout the fight.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

The who? Oh you mean that mob with the Crit AoEs that kill a tank. If you don't get a Crit on her AoE it seems to be killable, but if you get it to low enough you're going to be running into a risk that if it crits, you're just going to lose, period. With a lot of luck, you may be able to beat it, but of course you have to have the luck first. Because a Crit AoE and you're just going to die, then you're just going to get completely pissed off because now you have to fight the tree, and the spore thing, which is completely annoying as hell.
  4. ARCHIVED-Anoixia Guest

Torpours Strike works a little to stop the crits but we get steamrolled by the horde of adds lol :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Taucher Guest

Second Dawn is still trying her regularly on our raid days.

Without a lot of luck, yeah, this encounter seems impossible. Too much can go wrong without any way to mitigate the cause.

I'm surprised neither of you mentioned the teleport.
  6. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Lol totally forgot about that !

Mobs with teleport are lame... if u are going to add a teleport, at least make it like it teleports you infront of the mob.
  7. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Matron is a mob we goto be humbled by.
    I think mechanically as far as how hard it hit's etc it's doable.
    I just think the problem is too much luck is involved and the fight last long enough that you'll eventually get some bad luck and lose thanks to the RNG.
    Hi2U Main Tank @ Mystic Lake Entrance.
    I still think it's beatable, I just think it's more a matter of luck than skill.
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

Yes very very annoying killing those first two mobs to get crit ae right away and wipe on the Matron or right after you get the Matron right where you want her. I also hate the fact about the porting of random people like Blackqueen. At least Blackqueen ported you to the same spot a mile away out of harms way. This has a chance to port you in the middle of a large amount of frogs.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

BQ's port had 2 spots she could port you, both were not too far away that you couldn't get back into buff range if you were in the MT group, plus you would not be training through mobs to get back(clear frogs, problem solved). Maybe the trick is to have a brawler tank her below the ridge!
  10. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

BQ's port was also on a long timer. Matron seems to port people a lot more often.
  11. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

lol - forgot about the two spots. It's been awhile.....even if you clear the frogs by the time you get to the Matron you could start having repops of frogs over there. I just never liked the idea of porting random people.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

The frogs was in refence to BQ, not the Matron, since you have to clear a lot more than just frogs to have a clear run back to the Matron when you get ported.
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

again I forgot that at first those frogs where not KOS at first when we started doing that zone until later and then the frogs did become KoS so I always just assumed everyone killed them. I try to forget the T6 days as much as I can :smileysad:
    Message Edited by Schmoogles on 07-25-2006 09:58 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

and no I didn't signed up to debate against the debate team :smileyhappy: LOL
  15. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

Don't we all... um, except rangers.
    Message Edited by MystaSkratch on 07-25-2006 12:36 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Sigh, I guess the give away was when I start 80% of my sentences with " I remember this one time in T6"
  17. ARCHIVED-MystaSkratch Guest

LOL yea....
    I remember, this one time in T6, that our ranger hit Stream of Arrows, and went afk, then came back and had 2200 DPS!
  18. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

in Tier 6. Stream of Arrows + Precision of the Maestro = Orgasm every 1.5seconds.
  19. ARCHIVED-The-Fourm-Pirate Guest

Soloed her twice np, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] chest keeps falling through world though :mad:
  20. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

I remember at the start of T6 every proc from Precision was my damage, it didn't get credited to other people. I kept hitting 3000 dps and pulling agro.