Closed / Unconfirmed The Maj 'Dul Server Seems To Be Down

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Almee, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I was playing and got dropped to desktop. When I try to log on it says all the servers are busy.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

This is not a bug! Also, they announced the server was coming down for over an hour.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  3. Rebelde Active Member

One hour?!!! What is the problem? Because sometimes big bugs have to wait until the regular Tuesday patch...
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Well excuse me for not knowing they were bringing the server down on a Sunday evening. I guess I was too wrapped up in killing the new epic monsters they have added to the older zones of the server. Like the server coming down, I wasn't expecting them so was caught by surprise in both cases. My poor little harvester now has a few more grey hairs on her head.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's not listed on the forums at all, as I just checked when I saw my characters are all locked out. Be nice to know if you're going to suddenly take the game offline and for how long when you're logging into a game that isn't available.
  6. Seth Well-Known Member

we should be happy they are fixing stuff....
    Breanna and Rarkevan like this.
  7. Graiser New Member

8. Miroh Well-Known Member

Servers are back up. Well, Skyfire anyway
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

Still not a bug people! This is the bug forum, not the I got booted from the game forum. That goes in Player Support. *getting real tired of wading through non-bugs on this forum to upvote actual bugs*
    Breanna, Tkia, Mermut and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That may be, but here's a reality check. Those of us who weren't on when the servers went down and just tried to log in have zero idea of what was happening. DBG has a responsibility to communicate this information if they are the ones taking the server down. This is the only notice anywhere that at least tries to communicate. If you don't like it that someone took the initiative, even if it's in the wrong forum, then maybe you should think about taking the initiative and posting it in the correct forum.
    Whatever999, Graiser and Rarkevan like this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I didn't know it wasn't a bug. I checked the forum to see if there was a notice and there wasn't one. I also checked my Internet connection, immediately when I got kicked, and it was full strength and remained that way through the multiple times I tried to log back on. I didn't know what was going on, or why it was happening, so I reported it so others would know Maj 'Dul was down. That way players at least know it isn't a problem on their end since DB didn't post a notice the servers were coming down. Perhaps DB should have a "Server Appears Down" forum so we can let each other know. I'm sure plenty of people logged on, right before the servers came down, and never had a chance to see the in-game notice. Or, they were like me, and fighting so many mobs the chat was simply flying by too fast to read.
    Whatever999 likes this.
  12. Whatever999 New Member

In regards to "fixing stuff", I waited to see if any fixes were noticeable. The bugs that are impacting me are still there and I think the bug report threads and additions speak to my point. Is there some worry that this thread is going to log the servers being bounced when it was supposed to go unnoticed for some reason? Is there some class action lawsuit possibility that would use these posts to show that the expansion was not ready for launch and is more of a money grab by Daybreak or it's parent organization? Just wondering...
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

You're right. Someone took the initiative to post something that is a server down, which is never, ever, ever, in the history of ever, a bug, in a forum for reporting actual bugs, that people are supposed to go through and upvote for the devs to even bother looking at (if it's not upvoted, it will be added to the bottom of a list), thus cluttering an already super-full forum of both actual bugs and numerous non-bugs, most of which don't even follow the "how to report a bug" template at the very top of the forum, so therefore it should be my responsibility to repost something someone posted elsewhere without any authority nor permission. DBG's failure to communicate is a FEATURE OF THIS GAME and if folks don't know that by now, I question what game they are playing.

I am frothing at you, which I should not be and now apologize to you and the OP and anyone else offended, because none of this is your guys' fault. It is the vacationing Dreamweaver's for A) daring to take a vacation and B) not cracking down on this forum and moving/removing all posts that don't conform to the clearly defined template listed at the top of the forum section.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

Sunday downtime is very unusual, and thus makes me think the problem that was discovered was so bad that it warranted an emergency patch. Probably they discovered a [potential] exploit of some kind, and of course they would not give any information about that sort of thing! These things happen, just roll with it.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You need to work on your sarcasm skills, haha. Secondly, to rant about people posting in a bugs forum and then continue to do so yourself, usually illustrates the definition of hypocrisy. Secondly, I've got to believe someone besides Dream is competent enough to post in the forums. If they're competent enough to post for an hour on the servers, it stands to reason they can stick a single post on the forum. And lastly, since there was zero information posted, none of us even know if the server was bugged and that's why it was taken down. Point being, take a big breath, put those big girl panties on and relax. The fate of the universe doesn't hinge on this and no one has been appointed "Captain of the World." And I'm fairly confident Dream, when he does return will be laughing his *** off after reading these (if he wastes his time) and then deleting the whole thread.