The Lost Keys-Throne of Fear: Ascension (advanced solo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by gorilori, Nov 20, 2012.

1. gorilori New Member

Anyone have any strategy for getting across those pillars to get the second red shiny after you kill the Planar Manifestation? No matter what I try I end up dying because the distance between the pillars are so great and if you fall down the pillars are not climable to get back up on top of them. I am sick and tired of dying and have died over 20 times thus far trying to get across them. I have a lvl 95 necromancer, freeblood and have always had a problem with jumping with this toon for some reason. Don't have it with my other toons. This quest is extremely frustrating and need it to complete that story line to get to the Puzzle part. Would appreciate any advice someone might give me because I am getting totally fed up with this quest and trying to get And His Name is... at the same time. Don't get why they made this one extremely difficult to progress with this area. Don't know what they were thinking of with this one. Gorilori:(
  2. Vinyard Active Member

Try using a totem of the sabertooth. Should give you a 60% run speed (iirc). Should be more than enough to clear the pillars. I can do it with my earring of the solstice on my Froglok
  3. Gilasil Active Member

I've done that dungeon three times now. Don't need any special equipment or spells. I just got a running start and jumped. Oh, I do have a slight run speed enhancment since I play a scout. Don't put any extra points in it but I have something.;

If that didn't work might try hitting sprint. That ought to work as long as you jump at the right time. Getting a running start (as opposed to jumping up and THEN starting to move horizontally) seemed to help a lot.

Looking back it seems stupid easy but I died a few times before I got the hang of it.
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I have a floating mount (a disc) and Solstice earring on my Coercer. When I jumped the pillars I had my view pulled back and up to see where I was aiming. I went for the spots that seemed closer to the platform I was on.