The Lost Alliance's "Dash Through D'Lere"

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Squeeble, May 6, 2013.

1. Squeeble New Member

[IMG]

Dash Through D'Lere
    by the Lost Alliance

Greetings and hello there!

On Saturday, June 15th, 2013 at 10:00AM Pacific time, the Lost Alliance of Crushbone will be hosting a footrace in Darklight Wood and the Commonlands. It's meant to be a fun race open to toons under level 10, with over 300 plat in prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners!

The Rules:
    1. Players must enter with a toon under level 10.
    2. No mounts!
    3. No gear, potions, food/drink, totems or other items that increase run speed.
    4. No spells or abilities that increase run speed. The exception is the 'Sprint' ability.
    5. Gryphon stations in the Commonlands are off-limits. They are merely checkpoints.
    6. Only 20 players will be allowed to enter and they will join a raid group for the event.
    The Course:

There is only one race but it spans Darklight Wood and the Commonlands. It will begin just outside the entrance to Neriak (but out of the range of the guards so good-aligned toons won't be bothered). Participants must then race toward the Commonlands however they wish (again, good-aligned toons may opt to avoid the guards at the bridge and run south around Innoruuk's Scar, it may even be faster!) Once zoned into the Commonlands, the race doesn't stop! Racers will continue immediately onward to the Nektulos gryphon station before turning south and running to the Hidden Canyon station. The final leg of the race will be back up north to the Crossroads. The first three players to reach the Crossroads will be declared the winner.

The Prizes:

1st place will receive 200 plat; 2nd place will receive 125 plat; and 3rd place will receive 50 plat.

If you would like to be a part of our event please sign up here with the toon you will be using--remember it must be under level 10...no AA speed bonuses allowed! Please reply with any questions you may have or mail me in-game. I hope to see you there!

~Squeeble
    [IMG]
  2. Squeeble New Member

**RULES CHANGE: IT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED TO BRING A TOON UNDER LEVEL 10!!**
    **Keep in mind that since all players will be part of a raid, they will be monitored on the map, so any blue dot speeding way out ahead of everyone else will be suspected of cheating and disqualified and kicked from the raid.**

Players so far signed up for the Dash Through D'Lere event:

Francisko
    Kaeiliee
    Lavinsky**
    Aroono
    Megafeles**

**Spot is reserved but attendance is not 100% confirmed
  3. Squeeble New Member

Since it's not letting me edit my original two posts, I apologize for having to make a third one...just wanted to make a small update: Mhorgan of the Lost Alliance will be assisting in monitoring the race, and a few other people have shown interest but have not officially committed to the event. There's still plenty of time to sign up, so if you are interested just reply here or contact me in-game.

Thanks!
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

Shades of the Naked Karana Runs in EQ! Sounds like great fun!
  5. Squeeble New Member

Shall I add your name to the list then?
  6. Squeeble New Member

Event has been cancelled due to unforeseen real-life events. Fortunately, the handful of people signed up for this are fellow guildmates or friends of the guild and pretty understanding folks. Hopefully this will just get rescheduled for a later date!