The looooooot! Where is the looooooooot?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I have been doing the overseer system, and the gamble crate on the status merchant, and heroic runs, and I am underwhelmed with this year's tables. I sent out 9 overseer quests yesterday, and got returned 5 fragments of planar energy, some solo collection shiny I don't need (and could have bought from the broker cheaply) and the last same as for my mission crates from my heroic runs: infusers, infusers, infusers. I'm overwhelmed (and underwhelmed) with infusers, essences of chaos and fragments of planar energies. I thought the chances of these were supposed to be lowered a few months back. But, where are the adornment recipes? Where are the infuser recipes? Where are the Empyral/Shadowed recipes (particularly volume 17 for all classes!) Where are the upgraded pieces of gear that were supposed to be added? I see a charm in the mission crate that has a quest attached to it...however, we've been playing since December, and I haven't seen it on any alt yet, and I run between 3-5 alts a day through stuff. Please, please. Do something about the reward percentages on these things. They are the worst percentages I have ever seen in game. I do not say that lightly. I have been playing at least 14 years....(actually, quite a bit longer. I seem to have lost track since Vet Rewards were removed from the game.) These are, by far, the worst loot rewards ever available from RNG.
    Jaeded, dirgenoobforreal and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I have a lot of toons and haven't seen the recipes you mention. Heck, I haven't even seen fragments of planar energy at all. I have to concur that this is the worst expansion for drops in all my playing time. Maybe that's why Maj'dul crashed about 40 minutes ago--it was the embarrassment of yet another underwhelming OS drop, haha.
  3. Vellox_EQ2 Member

I am not the most prolific poster to the forums and it takes a bit to motivate me, but this topic has been a sore spot for me thru several xpacs and has come to the forefront very specifically in this one. I have run analysis form groups and raids to determine that the RNG generator that is used in this game is not very random. Through many raids and groups I have watched the same handful of people win the majority of loot - shinies - infusers - etc and now in this same xpac it became a crowd of people that perpetually got the better items in the first round of overseer loot - again - from this amazing NOT RNG generator. Now there is a systematic rollback to a useless game item (overseer) similar to the the other useless and failed games were perpetrated over the years - too bad that they couldn't come up with a second raid quest - fix dad content - instead the concentration has been RNG with a fail generator - way to piss people off. With no opportunity to earn items the game is no longer EVERquest - but something more akin to roulette with worse odds. I only have 1250 ish days played since near start so maybe I am jaded, the idea to try new things is not bad but staying in the core vision seems ro have turned into desperation ,,,,,
    Bhayar, Jaeded and Rhodris like this.