The look of RoK...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris Guest

For all those who say that SOE never listens etc. here some things which will come with RoK.

- new skeletel model system (Not completly done)
    -
    a new layer of clothing that will fit over top of your armor so that you can control how you look regardless of how unmatched your armor is.
    -
    tintable furniture for rooms (No tintable armor!)
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Ixalmaris wrote:
    I went to the First panel and they second new layer o clothing, thing from my understanding was planed Post-RoK not with RoK. The Sarnak WILL be completly done in the Skeletel Model at RoK Launch and they are slowly phasing pieces of the exsisting caractor models as they are completed. One some of the features of the new models(this was from an earlier panel) are Plate Gontlets that accually have fingers, suport for more "Sexy" clothing models. The ablity for Iteam designers to only have to make 1 iteam model and have it apply to All races, meaning all they have to do is design an armor model then just push one button and every race can now equip it. Up until now they accually had to make a differant model for every race and sex. One of the side benifits of the model revamp is that Soga Models are going away, and hair and such available in Soga will be merged into the new model, wich is why we saw them add the soga Hairstyles to the Standard Human Male in a resont update.
  3. ARCHIVED-AbsentmindedMage Guest

ke'la wrote:
    The alternate models are going away? Wow, that will definitely upset a number of people. Are you sure that is what they said? In my opinion, it doesnt make sense to put the alternate model hair on the original models as they look completely different.

So, basically, the skeletal revamp will completely change the way the character models look? Hopefully so because some of the original models looked a bit deformed.
  4. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

I dont believe for one second they would remove the soga models.
    Unless they really hate money, and want to receive a lot less of it each month, which seems unlikely.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

ke'la wrote:
    You kidding?

But I totally hate the old models.... I think they're ugly, and I would hate for my character to look anything like the original high elf. :-(
  6. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    I honestly hate the soga models, basically all but like one. They look plastic and have really wierd poses and proportions. So I guess its all in someones taste.
    If they "merge" them by just making the normal ones look more like soga, I'll puke. If they merge them by deleting one in favor of the othre, I'll puke.

If they did a nice overhaul of the old bland stuff, and kept or revamped the soga ones, I'd be happy. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-BarkerGaming Guest

I think that if they mix the two, nicely so that everyone keeps what they want, but can go either way it'd be very nice I don't like the thought that my half-elf is being viewed as two totally different models.. Kind of strange really.. I'm fine with the originals, but again it's personal preference.
  8. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

got a link? o want to see prof
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

I beleive it. This skeletal revamp will change a lot of characteristics for the player models in the game. I like soga, rather than the normal claymation models. I think that the teams working on the revamp will change the models significantly. Chances are the "new" models will be completely different than what we see in Soga/Normal today...but they will still wield thecharacteristics that you have had in your character from launch.
  10. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

If there's an option to switch off soga inspired "features" I would be happy. I wouldnt be happy about forced soga models. In short I dont want an invasion of the plastic people from Mars on my EQ2 copy please!
    God I hope they dont bring more nightmarish Mara Children in....*shudder*. Like something out of a horror movie or a game from 1995...
  11. ARCHIVED-Gomora_Toad Guest

I really hope the alternate models aren't just being dropped. I'm fine with a model merge if all of the models' options remain available (facial features and shapes as well as hairstyles). Some of us can only make our characters look right with a certain model type's options (soga/alternate in my case, and I know I'm not the only one). And a hair transplant really isn't enough... when I view my character's original model, I have far more issues with his face than his silly ponytail.

Seems backwards to give us spiffy new options to make our character's armor look better, but take away our ability to customize the character itself.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    It wont be plastic or claymation models. Check this out

"This time, while we didn't entirely throw caution to the wind, we did share quite a bit about things like Guild Housing, Combat Music, the New Map System, New Character Models, and dozens of smaller things."-Found Here

The revamp to the skeletal structure will also change the models. like it says above, they will be NEW. Chances are the models will be different in every aspect besides customization and hair. We will see "NEW CHARACTER MODELS". We all know what new means.

drago.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Need to see at least one of the old models changed to new models(best a human or something near human) to decide if this is great, nice, bad or horrible...
  14. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

It's a good idea. There's really no debate about it.
    People hate soga (I loathe it), people hate the original models (I don't understand why), what's wrong with making a universal one that hopefully everyone likes?
    All you silly anime fans need to play something more cartoony :/
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    Hopefully is the important part, if you look at some newer race(fae) and npc models quite possible that the new models will loke more like soga than original models.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

i like the soga not because it looks "anime", but because it gives me more of a feel than the normal models. Everybody is different. The normal models didn't give me the customizeability that the soga do have, and vice versa for different people. BTW Sarnak are the only new models done.
  17. ARCHIVED-sfarugger Guest

[p]From the information I've gathered throughout the Fan Faire, these new character models will allow more dyanmic movement, along with the ability to add in armor and weapons FASTER than it traditionally takes 3 months to develop. So as it's definetely an upgrade to the character models, it has additional internal benefits.[/p][p]Woot, maybe we'll see new /dance emotes!! I've always wanted to do the "Kid n Play" dance. I personally think this is also playing into the ability to wear additional layers of clothing that they've mentioned.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Dardores@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah we will also probably be seeing some new /mood

Yay!!!!

and and and some titty bopper armor!!!!!

I'm all for whatever they are doing.

*adrenaline rush*

drago.
  19. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Cocytus wrote:
    What right do you have to tell someone with a different taste than your own to go and play another game? lol

And of course you don't understand why people like the alternate models, if you hate them. Personally, I don't like the normal models at all.... clayish and ugly are two words that comes immediatly to mind, and the elf models are too short for my taste. And that's just what it all comes down to... personal taste.

I really hope they don't screw this up tbh.....
  20. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Agreed. Everyone has a different taste, everybody is different. It's all about personal preferance. Maybe we can get some sexy armor for the ladies. Hopefully it will be more realistic (normal models) and some fantasy (alternate models).