The level 100 reroll checklist

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Alterino, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Alterino Member

I've decided to pick up the lvl 100 Templar I rolled a few months ago when DBG gave away the lvl 100 toon tokens. I'm in need a new challenge to make the game fresh but I don't know if this is just insanity what with the catch up required!

So I'd like a checklist of what I need to do to ensure that this is a viable toon for PoP content, so far I have:

1) KA signature quest - so I have access to Obulus frontier spire and Epic 2.0 orange rune zone
    2) PoP signature quest - I find this horrid with the 3 factions. Waaaay to long!
    3) Epic 2.0 - will have bauble and the token that gives an immediate level 10 so hoping not horrid with friends help.
    4) Tradeskill - ToT, KA and PoP timelines? Will buy the lvl 100 token.

After this things get a bit more hazy, provisionally I have
    5) Language quests?
    6) Lore and legends?

Anything else I might have overlooked or isn't necessary in the above list? Any help gratefully received!
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how long it actually takes you to complete all that. Pre-Reqs for Epic 2.0 et al

We often have discussions about how long it really takes to go from zero to hero.

ie. When you have done all that, please post back here letting us know.
    ConcealFate and Alterino like this.
  3. Alterino Member

Yes will do, great idea.

I'll do game time played after I've done.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. Sogapa Active Member

I would suggest that since you have the guise there's probably no need to do the ToT/KA tradeskill timelines. They are not required to do the PoP tradeskill timeline (I was able to start the PoP ts quest on a toon that used the 100 ts bauble).
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. All Ascensions to level 10 (at adventure level 100).

Why not just start a new toon? Try something completely different, use the same race with a different class or vice versa...
    Even F2P accounts have 2 slots.
  6. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

it is a new toon
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

Also if you've done PoP on another character, you only need do one faction line :)
  8. Alterino Member

Just a quick update, done so far:

1) Epic repercussions for Epic 1.0
    2) KA Timeline - surprisingly quick. I had a quick run around Zek Scourge for Zerhgus merc who's my favourite.
    3) Epic 2.0 - Even with bauble there's a lot to do (I needed Lizardman language, 2 HQ's, various timelimes - Cobalt Scar and Vesspyr Isles) the rest was fine and my guildies went above and beyond running me through the few KA instances needed for Healer Epic.

Game played time played so far 29 hours so onto PoP timeline and some crafting. I probably will do KA crafting timeline as I like the plant, that means I also have to do Proof of the pudding but that's ok I have all crafters at 110.

The Ascension levels are coming on, currently lvl 7 of second ascension class, luckily I got a few of the new level uplifts that are rewarded from KA dailies/weeklies.

So far - not too painful!
  9. Momo Well-Known Member

I am totally awed! How can one be so diligent in the pursuits and effictive with ingame time! I could... not .... EVER.(Ok, Ive got something like a max 20sec attention "oooooh look -- Shinie!!" span )
    */notworthy*
    Honstly, just to pay my respects.
    Sogapa, Breanna and Alterino like this.
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That's the key, willing (and able) guildies to go back and do old content. You're fortunate.
    Rhodris and Alterino like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Correction: Two weeks.

I work full-time, played about 4 hours per day on weekdays, and longer on the weekends. Two weeks ago I rolled a new toon. I used level 100 boosts, that I had left over from the expansion, on both tradeskill and adventure. Today, two weeks later, I have accomplished the following:
    1. ToT adventure and crafting signature lines.
    2. KA adventure and crafting signature lines, including all pre-reqs.
    3. Epic Repercussions.
    4. A Gathering Obsession through A Gathering Obsession from Beyond the Grave.
    5. Completed Pakiat faction and working on the adventure signature line.
    6. Adventure level 110.
    7. A Days of Summer from beginning to current, which gave me one ascension boosted to level 15 and one boosted to level 5.
    8. One ascension at 15, one at 10, and two at 5.
    Next is to complete the PoP adventure and crafting signature lines. I may work on Epic 2.0, but rumor is that it will not be BiS in a couple months, so not sure it's worth the effort.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Esakker New Member

We needed Epic 1.0 to get epic 2.0, doubt if the new BIS will not be epic 3.0 and history says
    you'll need 2.0.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

14. Esakker New Member

True, but that change was not made until well into the xpack. You could be right though. /shrug
    but think I will ensure my new level 100's have it, easier to do new stuff if they are caught up on old stuff.
    Dude likes this.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

When released you needed Epic 1 the real way to even start epic 2.

I'd like to know how long it takes you to get Epic 2.0 still since the boosts don't give all the 'faction' and what not you need.

And more importantly, after all that '2 weeks' are you doing Heroics in PoP? Will PuGs Take you? What resolve are you at? Share your character info from eq2u?
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I may or may not do Epic 2.0 depending on what happens with the next expansion.

I am not doing heroics because I haven't finished the signature line. I did the first PoI zone and it took a long time. I need to upgrade my spells to expert and my armor, weapons, and jewelry to master crafted. It should take me a few more days to do all that, then I'll let you know about heroics.