The LDL Roleplay Community

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-GypsyMomma, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-GypsyMomma Guest

To the Roleplayers of Lucan D'Lere:

As you’re all no doubt aware by now, sometime in the next month and a half LDL will be merging with Crushbone. The news (thus far) is that Crushbone gets to keep its server name, and that we will be losing our server RP tag and the ability to mark ourselves as Roleplayers. There is a thread on the Everquest 2 official forums where we have been voicing our opinion as to wishing to keep our RP tag. If you support that, and from what I’m hearing on the RPC chat in game, most of you do, PLEASE go and post about it!

Now I’ll admit I’ve been worried about the community on our server for awhile. Let’s face it, folks, everything sort of died this year. A few of us have been valiantly fighting to try to keep the roleplay alive, but we can’t do this alone. We need all of you to help. We need to see better promotion of the community (ok guilty as charged on that for a couple of my events!), outreach to newer and smaller guilds to let them know that they will be welcomed with open arms into our community. We have the tools to do this!

One of those tools is our community forums. Taemien set up these forums so that the community would have them, for communication, information, and RP. We just need to be proactive about using and promoting the forums! Since the night the merger was announced, and the day after when several of us kept telling /RPC that these forums exist, I’ve seen only two new posts that weren’t from Taemien himself. Thank you Dish, for remembering and posting.

The idea of a guild alliance has been batted around on /RPC the last few days as well. From what I’m hearing privately there are mixed emotions on this. Some would prefer no declared “Alliance” but instead an RP hub. Again, that’s what these forums are. Others would like to see an alliance where no one is in charge per se, but more of a council from what I gathered.

Here’s my two cents on the matter:

What I, personally, would like to see is an alliance of ALL of the RP guilds on the server who wish to be. Personal differences set aside, RP styles and preferences set aside. The leadership of this alliance would be a council of sorts, but let’s face it; someone has to be in charge…maybe offices held. Someone as leader of sorts…not to give orders and set down arbitrary rules as seen in the past but someone who will help keep order, hear people’s problems, and delegate as needed. Perhaps a secretary of sorts as well, who can keep us organized be in charge of a calendar, things like that. A committee for planning coordinated events, like we did for this year’s Frostfell Ball (only more organized. Sorry about my little crisis during all of that!).

Most importantly, what I want to see is at least a couple people tasked with (and maybe having people under them helping with this) acting as liaisons/outreach to guilds that haven’t yet joined us. Encouraging fledgling RP guilds to get involved, helping them out as necessary. Perhaps also outreach to the non-RP guilds, to let them know about events we or the guilds within our alliance sponsor that they may enjoy….things like the Guild Recruitment Fair, the Tournaments at the Coloseum, and the auctions that are becoming popular. I’m not ashamed to admit the auction to raise money for the medical clinic (which WILL be opening early to mid Feb., perhaps shortly after the merge) was attended by several raiders and we made well over 100p from them alone!

Alright, I think I’ve talked enough for the time being. I’d love to hear what everyone else has in mind!

Your humble Servant,
    Mara...known to the server as Adii, Genevise, Dasia, Shiari, Tajana, Maeja and goddess only knows how many others!
  2. ARCHIVED-Krystara Guest

I'd like to invite the LDL Community to also link to Town Square on Guildportal. While most of our announcements and events have been AB driven in the past - we'd love to help the LDL community stick together and thrive on Crushbone. Here's the site: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.as...3&TabID=1770901
  3. ARCHIVED-darkleaf10 Guest

*Valenfor Darkleaf walks into the room his eyebrow quirks* What is this thing you call a server peon? is it some form of translocation magic? ((P.S. just kidding with you, anyways even if we lose our RP tag they'll never force me to not RP on the new Crushbone/LDL my pride and spirit as a LDL RPer will survive))