The Koada Doll Factory by Shanette - Storm Tower Isle - Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Wizzam:) /hug
    What a wonderful gift - I so enjoyed my tour of this fun inventive home!

2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Totally worth a visit! Shanette did an awesome job but I am sure everyone knew that before even stepping in the door. Happy Birthday Wizzam!!!
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I LOVE that all the windows are real windows. When she made the build, she actually spent the time to build around them.
    The Monty Python reference was awesome!
    Shan knows me so well and it shows in this factory. I really love my high elves. I think I have more high elves than not.
    SPAGHETTI!
    Those tacos tho <3
    As we were going thru the house, I was saying those actors in the behavior department were me, all in 20 minutes lol. The Lusty one being when I drink :cool:
    I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift, this was wonderful! She didn't just decorate, she created a whole new place for me as well as buying the actual house for me. (She also sent me my favorite gardenia wax melts <3 <3 )
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes, thank you Feb for the fab video, and thank you Shan for my amazing factory. Me being the perfect specimen! lol
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

The swirly gadgets in the Assembly Room were one of the new house items from the Tinkerfest PQ's, the name of them escapes me atm.

The first idea I had for doing a birthday home for Wiz turned out to be a complete disaster, I spent about a week trying to make it work, and then I was struck with this idea, and I totally changed directions. It was partially inspired by the HBO show Westworld, only with high elves instead of robots. :p And then I thought it might be fun to try to show what goes on behind the scenes in the Character Creation process and I was off with this whole idea. There was going to be more to it, I had plans to expand all the way down to the beach area (you can still see where the door was, replaced by the huge window in the employees break room) but I started to run out of steam and wanted to finish it in time for her birthday. ;)

A couple of ideas in the home I completely stole straight from Vas and Kenana. I'm sure they know what the ideas were.:D

The "I'm not dead yet!" elf is, in fact, the Monty Python reference. And that is actually an older actor of Wizzam's I had, leftover from an older project.

I'm glad you enjoyed your tour, and I'm thrilled that Wiz loved it. I actually set out to try to make something scary / morbid, but as you can see, the inspiration took me in a more comedic direction. :D

<3
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaaah the "I'm not dead yet" Monty Python reference went right over my head! - Sorry guys - not only did I not geddit but it put me in mind of something else entirely. And damn! I didn't get any of those cool blue whirly things - just about 20 blooming locked boxes from the PQs bah!
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I had never seen Monty Python, up until a couple years ago, and then Wiz actually yelled at me and shamed me into watching it. I'm glad she did, now. :p
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

No amount of yelling is gonna make me get it lol! I'd have to be bribed with something like, err I dunno, diamonds maybe, to sit through a Monty Python movie. I think it's adorable though that you crammed in so much esprit de Wizzam in that house:)
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Wizzam! I will be touring this home in person, so no video watching for me yet. :D
    Febrith, Moena, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  9. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! It's definitely worth the tour :p
    Febrith, Moena, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Wizzam! Amazing home can't wait to tour it tonight! :)
    Febrith, Moena, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH! Happy belated birthday, Wizz! :D

Uwk
    Febrith, Spextasy, Moena and 2 others like this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

"I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!!" Although before that you have someone walking through the streets calling out. . . "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD . . . BRING OUT YOUR DEAD . . ."
    Febrith, Spextasy, Moena and 3 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! :D

Aw, what's the matter, Feb? Not amused by the Pythoners? ;)

You really haven't appreciated them until you've watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Japanese...with English subtitles (translated back. NOT the same lines at all as in the original; makes it like 10x funnier than it already was!). ;->

Uwk
    Febrith and Moena like this.
  14. Kenana Well-Known Member

LOL LOL LOL Great idea! Very well executed!
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

Like that's gonna happen!
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I honestly wasn't expecting to be so amused by it. I fully went into it expecting it to be one of those, you know, boy movies. :eek: I've been bamboozled with those before, where my bf swears they're the most hilarious thing ever, and I sit through the whole thing with that look on my face that says "I could be doing laundry right now." :p (Spaceballs is that for me, btw. I get a lot of flack for not liking it, but if everyone liked all the same things all the time, the world would be super boring. I also hate The Godfather. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.) :D

But I was pleasantly surprised by The Holy Grail. I still don't love it as much as everyone else does, but it surpassed my expectations for sure. I'd recommend it as one of those "something you must watch at least once before you kick the bucket" movies. ;)
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

Ok you can send it to me when I'm on my death bed:p x
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to send it to you before the Terminators rise up to wipe us all out. Here I go with the robots again...:D