The Kelethin Times - Out and About (Image heavy) (AB)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

Out and About Section

Carpe Noctem's Open House
    [IMG]

I recently attended Carpe Noctem's open house in Freeport, and I was impressed with their hall. The first thing you notice when you enter is the massive fish tank in the lobby. For those that appreciate such things I can verify it is very impressive in person and you may find yourself just a bit distracted watching it.
    [IMG]

The obligatory shrine to Inny, Innoruk, is something you would expect in this hall, but it doesn't detract from the overall elegance. It does help accent the darker feel of the place, but that is what one would expect from a place like Freeport.
    [IMG]

Upon entering the hall, you can see a number of individuals enjoying the open house. There was a wide variety of people, displaying also the fact the wide variety of individuals that make up the ranks of Carpe Noctem. Though they are decidedly on the darker side of life, all that Inny loving I would imagine, they are interesting individuals as a whole. I heard some great prank stories during the course of the night that gave me some ideas.
    [IMG]

To the delight of Tavernites there is a bar just inside the front right room that was staffed by various individuals through the night. Here you can see Solathan M'Larrn, whom was recently bonded to Jeyanna M'Larrn. I can tell you folks while odd to see a Koada'dal in that kind of environment, he makes a great drink!
    [IMG]

There were many great rooms and features found throughout the hall, though my editor will only let me put so many pictures in. One of my favorite spots was the library. This is every researchers dreams with many many books on all sort sorts of subjects. It is a great place for the inner scholar to relax. I will note that in my exploration of the hall I found proof that someone really hates Mayong. You'll have to go and visit to see if you can find out why I say that.
    [IMG]

I did run into the lovely Jeyanna M'Larrn in my tour of the place. Her strength is a part of her beauty and upon meeting her, one can glimpse why she is a leader of Carpe Noctem. I also got to see proof of a prankster in their ranks, but that may be a whole story in itself for another time! All and all, I would say the overall impressions of the hall were of dark elegance. An embrace of the dark side of life, yet kept within a refined and elegant air.

In A Nutshell - A Kelethin Tavern!
    [IMG]

One might find it strange to open the doors to one of Kelethin's favorite taverns and see a blueberry elf, that's a teir'dal to you non Kelethins, behind the bar. But this one is Tregarde of the Sojourners of Norrath, whom along with the Outriders of Kelethin run this tavern. Tregarde has long been a protector of Kelethin and helps exemplify the willing spirit of the city to accept newcomers and give them a chance based on their own merits. In fact many a night you will find a wide variety of individuals gathering at the bar. Everything from Sarnack, to fae, to elves, and we even get a human once in a while.
    [IMG]

The taverns homey Kelethin atmosphere is a great place to relax. The tavern offers a wide variety of drinks, some of them made up right on the spot! Patrons are asked to rack their weapons as they entered as the tavern is a peaceful place.
    [IMG]

There are often impromptu contests, performances, just about anything goes. The staff just asks you rack your weapons at the door and keep your clothes on. They run a clean place there! And yes, they do get a lot of elves.

Festival of the Sands

Looking for a hot time? Look no further then the Festival of the Sands, going on out in the desert this week. There are a number of organizations sponsoring this event, chief of which is the Coterie of Thorns. They have put in a lot of hard work to create a fun celebration. I've had a chance to stop by the festivities and had a great time. Games, contests, prizes, they have it all. And yes, camels do spit.