The "It Belongs in a Museum" Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Lera, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

Remember when you had to build your own fireplaces out of Freeport counters? And had to sneak into Freeport, through the sewers, to smuggle them back to Qeynos? And then run through the herd of owlbears in Nektulos Forest to get back? Uphill, both ways, in the snow? And you had to hire an alchemist to make all those WORTs just for a simple chair?

Well, we're not going as far as subcombines... but we know decorators love to use items in unique ways, and always have. So this contest is about that.

The prizes haven't been fully determined yet, but they'll include trees. Yes, those trees. You know the ones. That come in red and blue. There may also be cube plushies. And some other items.

Rules:

1. You may only use items that were discovered before Desert of Flames, except the Fishbone Earring and the monkeys. A few of the scrolls from the city factions are also allowed. There will be lists provided, and a filter on EQ2Furniture.
    2. Qeynos and Freeport housing only. No prestige houses. You may use the additional room but can block it off if you want.
    3. The house must be new and decorated for this contest.
    4. You can resize things. You can use the editor. No expanders.

Houses not following the rules will be disqualified. All servers can participate. Prizes will be game-wide, not per-server.

To sign up, send an email to lera@eq2furniture.com with the following information:
    Character:
    Server:
    House address:

The contest will start on January 15, 2020 and run until March 15, to give you plenty of time to decorate while you also do HHE or the upcoming holidays.
  2. Gracey Well-Known Member

Those were the days huh? I remember someone (my memory is awful) that made raised floors from those freeport counters and I wondered who carried them all there!! Then I found out you could buy them in Freeport - put on broker for a copper and retrieve them off the broker in Qeynos!! I was so proud I got to get some!! I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone making things, and "may" even try my hand at this!!
  3. miissty New Member

id love to join..just need to know the rules defined....like how will we know what is made before DoF? will the houses auto reject items or will we have to know..?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Misstake Well-Known Member

On Lera's site their will be a filter button to show ALL house items that are acceptable. You just have to make sure to use only those.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok sent in my email to join... cant wait.
  6. Lera Well-Known Member

There's still time to sign up for this!

The prizes will include the red and blue trees for the top three finishers, a gelatinous cube plushie, a rare old crafted item that you can't get anymore, and some sort of trophy.

The filter is now on the Options tab on EQ2Furniture.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

shall we name the houses somehow indicating they are for museum contest?
  8. Iskatawna Active Member

My email is sent! I am so excited! :D
  9. Iskatawna Active Member

I named mine Museum2020.. More for my mind than others :p
  10. draidean Well-Known Member

I have entered!
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

Oops, I forgot to put that in the rules. Yes, please name the house Museum2020, and publish it with that in the name at the end of the contest, to make it easier to find on the leaderboards.
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

Here are the lists of items you can use. The first two include the old lower-quality crude, shaped and regular items, in case you still have some of those around. The other two leave most of those out.

http://eq2furniture.com/allowed_items_all_by-name.html
    http://eq2furniture.com/allowed_items_all_by-category.html
    http://eq2furniture.com/allowed_items_by-name.html
    http://eq2furniture.com/allowed_items_by-category.html

You may not use the Fishbone Earring (since its appearance was changed a couple years ago), or the monkey pets (the pre-order bonus for Desert of Flames). Those are not on the lists.

There are a few items that replaced earlier items that you can use. These are in the lists.

\aITEM 175315298 1738812909:"a letter from the Freeport Militia"\/a
    \aITEM -2006874083 -1748300918:"a message from the Celestial Watch"\/a
    \aITEM 1686826574 422909888:"a message from the Freeport Militia"\/a
    \aITEM -1976481597 1694238335:"a scroll from the Freeport Militia"\/a
    \aITEM 803464383 1085522935:Mounted Erollisi's Charm\/a
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Misstake like this.
  13. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I remember someone did this contest similar to this back in 2011 a year before SOE re-did the website and got rid of the old topics. I didn't get a chance to enter but I remember the rules was using house items from lvl 1 to 40 carpenter recipes. ;)

I'm def in to this, it look's fun :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Misstake like this.
  14. Contessia Active Member

entered on rivervale :)
  15. Contessia Active Member

i know i have bad eyesight,, but i dont see any cups/steins or plates of any kind ,, is there any that i missed?
    also trying to see which woods for tiles and walls,, again im sure its me not being able to read so well
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

Woods as in blocks? We didn't have blocks back then. We had to smuggle counters from Freeport, in Nektulos Forest, on foot, uphill, both ways, in the snow, through the herd of owlbears. AND WE LIKED IT. *mumbles something about lawns*
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I remember making walls from bookcases, they have nice backs, good wood textures
    Also look at backs of various paintings, some have very nice usable textures
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

There's one stein.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tricky thing with using paintings is that you need some kind of "Wall" to place them initially...I guess we could use Ice dividers of various types for that as long as we don't leave them in as a permanent fixture. ;->

Uwk
    draidean likes this.
  20. Valandra Member

Ok so Just to be clear... we cant use the room dividers with the slats on both ends either? sorry just making sure.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and draidean like this.