The hottest gossip on the coolest server [Permafrost]

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Gryger Halifax, Nov 10, 2012.

1. LuvieRawrpants Member

Hail to the Guides of the Shattered Lands!

I was wondering when/if you might be running the Tinkerfest quests? If you are able to, could you please give us some notice ahead of time? I have a small army who are interested in meeting some crazy gnomes and ticking off those adventures from their holiday checklists. :D

Many thanks for all that you do!
  2. Gryger Halifax Guide

Hiyas, Luvie!
    We most certainly WILL be running Tinkerfest Quests... I'll try to make sure to post them here whenever I am able. Please remember though, even WE get ambushed by the nasty RL gremlins and sometimes our plans fall through.
    See you around Norrath!
  3. Gryger Halifax Guide

Ho, Permafrost!
    Guide Gryger here. Hopefully everyone has been enjoying Tinkerfest!
    As we get ready to wind up this holiday, I just wanted to let you know about some rumors I've heard for Sunday, August 10th...

Just wanted to let you know that Tilyly, a researcher of some small repute, has been spied around, looking for help with a tome or two of research. She will be around in the morning and in the afternoon*.

Yours truly will be wandering about Norrath throughout the day, be sure to keep an eye out and maybe we'll share a snack, a story and a shiny or two!

And this just in! Around midday, keep an eye out for Fetzlpot, a well-meaning but errrr... explosive fellow who needs help testing a new teapot.

*morning: 0300, afternoon 1500
    Please remember, all times are Pacific, for this Sunday, August 10th...
  4. Dinendall Elder Guide

Greetings Permafrostians,

I hear rumors people, rumors that cannot be ignored!

Tuesday 29th September @ 1400hrs - Outer Kael
    I hear a member of the Stormshield family will be wanting your help in Kael Drakkel. Please be aware, if you've had the honor before of helping this fine Dwarven family you won't be able to assist again.

Wednesday 30th September @ 1400hrs - Antonica (Coldwind Point)
    Whimsical the Blue wishes to weave a tale with his friends and you are invited to join in. Gather round the campfire and enjoy the stories.
    BettyKroaker likes this.
  5. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

6. Gryger Halifax Guide

Last year, Labor Day weekend, I ran a marathon of "catch up" events, allowing players who normally cannot make it online when these quests are usually run to participate. The message was posted on August 31st. This Sunday (Labor Day weekend 2014) is August 31st. Who am I to ignore Fate when these things are presented? In honor of that, I bring you...

A Fascination with Kael'ing? Axe me all about it! (The Sequel)

"The one with the cool mushroom hat" 06:00am & 12:00pm
    "The one with those axes for your house" 08:00am & 02:00pm
    "The one with the awesome giant illusion" 10:00am & 04:00pm

As always, these quests are scheduled for Pacific Time and will be run on Sunday, August 31st.
    Torvos and BettyKroaker like this.
  7. Gryger Halifax Guide

UPDATE
    In addition to the catch-up quest marathon on Sunday the 31st, the skies above Thundering Steppes will play host to the Aether Races! Those of you who missed this special track during Tinkerfest, now is your chance to give it a try!
    The track should be up during the marathon, maybe a little earlier. It won't be up for the whole day, but should be up in the same window as the quest marathon (6am to 4m PACIFIC) maybe a little earlier, maybe lasting a little longer.
  8. Gryger Halifax Guide

I am unable to edit this post for some reason...
    BE ADVISED: the Aether Racing track in Thundering Steppes will be ONLY be available from 10am to 4pm PACIFIC time. Happy Racing!
  9. Dinendall Elder Guide

News just in Permafrost!

Gnorm Finkster appears to be having a bit of trouble with his tinkerbot! Perhaps you can lend a hand?
    Steamfont Mountains, 9/3/14 @ 2pm

The Aether Racing Gnomes have come to Darklight Wood and one of the Gnome Pirates wants your help
    Darklight Wood, 9/3/14 @ 7pm

Rumplestilton has grand plans, but can't achieve them without your help.
    Thundering Steppes, 9/6/14 @ 12pm

Farmer Harbel might need a hand with his pigs! See if you can lend a hand!
    The Commonlands, 9/10/14 @ 7pm

More news if I hear it! Thank you
  10. Graithan Guide

Hello all!

Don't forget the farmer in need of a hand is coming up on Wednesday! (as posted above) :)
  11. Graithan Guide

Rumor has it a gnome may be looking for some assistance in Withered Lands on Wednesday the 17th @ 8:00PM

(Borrowed from Dinendall) -
    Please be aware all times shown are in PST. While we strive to ensure the rumors are validated prior to us telling you sometimes the force known as "real life" does get in the way - should this occur we will do our best to let you know at the earliest opportunity!
    BettyKroaker likes this.
  12. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

OOooooo Withered Lands ~! how fun~! ......better pack my bag now .... let's see .... some Cheese for sure (we know who that is for /giggle) ... and Tape~! yes....in case that Box Sharlow shows up ~ you may need some - kinda scary place for a Box to be bouncing around ... might get some damage, some pricker bushes there ....
    Thanks Graithan for the post and I sure hope I can make it~! if not have fun....hmm looking back at post..... ack maybe no cheese .... a Gnome! my bad ....you better warn he/she about the box ...
    Froggie wave /bye Ribbbiiitttttt
  13. Graithan Guide

Oh's, rumor has its a woods elf mays be in needs of some helps!

Wednesday Sept 24 @ 8PM in Thundering Steppes

Please be aware all times shown are in PST. While we strive to ensure the rumors are validated prior to us telling you sometimes the force known as "real life" does get in the way - should this occur we will do our best to let you know at the earliest opportunity!
    Ashlanne likes this.
  14. Graithan Guide

I'm terribly sorry, due to circumstance beyond my control, I will have to postpone this.

Please keep an eye out for more rumours here.
  15. Graithan Guide

Hello all,

Rumour has its the wood elf will return and wills be looking for assistance!

Monday Sept 29 @ 8PM in Thundering Steppes

16. Dinendall Elder Guide

Good evening Permafrost - Senior Guide Dinendall here with your latest rumors!

A rather folorn looking zombie will be seeking your assistance in Darklight Wood - I am sure you'll be able to help him.
    Darklight Wood, 10/8/14 @ 2pm

Everyone's favorite minstrel, Oyen Loresinger will be weaving a tale of long ago. He does love a good audience.
    Antonica, 10/10/14 @ 2pm
  17. Dinendall Elder Guide

It seems I was a little premature with a rumor - I have no found out that the folorn looking zombie will be appearing the following day, not the 10/8

A rather folorn looking zombie will be seeking your assistance in Darklight Wood - I am sure you'll be able to help him.
    Darklight Wood, 10/9/14 @ 1pm
  18. Glenorian Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    This is a player run event! Hope you can all make it. The more the merrier :) And here is a sneak preview screenshot:
    [IMG]
    BettyKroaker likes this.
  19. Graithan Guide

Ooohs! What a fun times of years! Sorry I missed the fun!

A littles short notice, I's heards a rumor Today (Sunday Oct 19th) ats 3PM in frostfang sea, someones wills be looking for helps withs a slight housing issue! Keeps your eyes peeled!

Glenorian and BettyKroaker like this.
  20. Gryger Halifax Guide

Ho, Norrath!
    It's that time of year again! The Trick or Treat marathon has returned for it's FIFTH year!
    A slight change this time... In past years, the marathon was held the Sunday following the RL Halloween party at my house. This year, the Halloween party is elsewhere and is happening (gasp) November 1st... Being a Halloween purist, I cannot allow my favorite NoTD tradition to happen AFTER the best day of the year... :)

So, THIS Saturday (yes, tomorrow 10/25) starting at midnight PACIFIC and ending 12:01 SUNDAY (again, pacific) yours truly will be wandering about Norrath. There will be tricks and treats throughout the day, and I've heard whispers of a rather "racy" event as well...

Be sure to keep an extra eye on General Chat tomorrow! Just pluck one from a fresh kill, it'll keep for 24 hours before it starts to smell... ;)
    Graithan and Glenorian like this.