The hottest gossip on the coolest server [Permafrost]

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Gryger Halifax, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Dinendall Elder Guide

News travels on the winds, allow me to share what I have heard...

Great hunters of Norrath, the mighty Tocharra needs your help! The merchants of Maj'dul have orders they need fulfilling and the great hunter Tocharra has taken on this challenge. Find him in the Commonlands and show him your hunting prowess!
    4/25/14 - 1200hrs

Hear ye, hear ye! All souls of valor, take heed! For too long, the foul gnolls of Blackburrow have been allowed free reign... It is time to remind these mongrels of their true place... cowering in the shadows! Seek out Arynn at the Blackburrow entrance in Antonica and join in the purge!
    4/26/14 - 1300hrs

I've also been handed this message from a gnome I saw just outside Qeynos Harbor.. it says:
    "Avast ye landlubbers! Are ye lookin' fer a bit o' excitement? Come o'er to th' Thundering Steppes Aether Races an' give 'er a spin! Be sure ta say ahoy ta any pirates ye be seein' at th' race -- there might be a bit o' loot in it fer ye!"

He said he'll be there from 0400hrs (he's an early riser) and will stay around through to about 1000hrs on the 27th April 2014.
  2. Dinendall Elder Guide

Dinendall leaned back in his chair and took another swig of his drink.
    "Are you sure that's what he said?"
    "Yes, yes!" nodded the eager Halfling, "a cure for baldness!"
    "Really" replied Dinendall in his most sceptical manner, "I may have to investigate this for myself. Where might this Boyles chap be?"
    "All over. He visits the city of Freeport, goes on over to Qeynos but most folk seem to say they find him in Rivervale." The Halfling sat back looking smug. "That's what I've heard anyway, Rivervale is his next point of call".
    "When?" asked Dinendall.
    The Halfling was quiet for a moment then slowly offered his palm toward the half elf. Dinendall smirked, he managed to get a lot of information freely from the talkative Halfling, this last part was going to cost him. He reached into his coin purse and drew out a small silver piece, flashing it in front of the ever watchful eyes.
    "This, perhaps more could be yours" he began "if the information you give me turns out to be true." He placed the coin in the Halfling's hand.
    "Oh it is, it is" insisted the Halfling quickly closing his palm. "You'll find him there in two days time, when the sun is at it's highest so I hear."
    Dinendall downed the last of his drink and stood quickly. Shooting a glance at his drinking partner he headed to the door of the inn.
    Monday 5th May - 1400hrs
  3. Dinendall Elder Guide

Monday May 5th @ 3 am - The unusual spectre has returned to his haunt on Orc Hill, shrieking for justice and revenge. Can you calm his disturbed soul? Venture to the Greater Faydark and find out!
  4. Dinendall Elder Guide

The spectre has failed to return from the Ethernere, yet the spirits tell me he still tries to break through to the mortal realm. Perhaps those that seek to calm him should check again a short while later....

(RL gets in the way of all our fun! This one is slightly delayed, now running at 0600hrs. Thank you for your patience)
  5. Gryger Halifax Guide

The air in Nektulos Forest hangs heavy, even the sea breeze barely stirs the sand on the docks. A shabbily dressed Froglok, eyes wider (than usual) in distress begs adventurers for their help.

Nektulos Forest at 1700 Pacific Time tonight (06/04/14) bring your bug stomping boots!
  6. Gryger Halifax Guide

Great hunters of Norrath, the mighty Tocharrha needs your help! The merchants of Maj'dul have orders they need fulfilling and the great hunter Tocharrha has taken on this challenge. Find him in Antonica and show him your hunting prowess!

06/10/14 @ 1200 (Pacific)
    Note: due to scheduled EQ2 Server maintenance, this event may be delayed
  7. Gryger Halifax Guide

I can't seem to edit the above post... Tocharrha needs your assistance at 9am Pacific, NOT noon!
  8. Gryger Halifax Guide

Found on a scrap of paper blowing through the streets of New Halas...

Crafters needed! Musical experience preferred but not required.

(Sunday Jun 15th at 0900)
  9. Dinendall Elder Guide

I hear on the grapevine that a young Halfling is making a stand at saving the young wild piglets in Antonica. She'll want your help later on, meet her near the North Qeynos gate road heading out into the farmlands of Antonica.

(Sunday Jun 15th at 1200)
  10. Dinendall Elder Guide

I've been handed this message from a gnome I saw just outside Qeynos Harbor.. it says:"Avast ye landlubbers! Are ye lookin' fer a bit o' excitement? Come o'er to th' Thundering Steppes Aether Races an' give 'er a spin! Be sure ta say ahoy ta any pirates ye be seein' at th' race -- there might be a bit o' loot in it fer ye!"

He said he'll be there from 1000hrs (he's an early riser) and will stay around through to about 1530hrs on the 22nd June 2014.
  11. Gryger Halifax Guide

Trying not to choke on the heavy incense smoke in the tent, I leaned closer to the Soothsayer...
    What is it? What do you see?
    With a gleam in her eye the Soothsayer chuckled and told me so many great things!

A research project in Frostfang Sea!
    06/22/14 @ 0400

An othmir in need of assistance in Antonica!
    06/22/14 @ 0700

A fae looking for help gathering materials for her sick Auntie in Loping Plains!
    06/22/14 @ 1100

The Gnolls continue to harass the good people of Qeynos! Help strike a blow in Antonica!
    06/22/14 @ 1500 (3pm)

The Stormshield Clan issues a challenge to the bravest and boldest of Norrath in Eastern Wastes!
    06/22/14 @ 1800 (6pm)
    A note on this quest... It involves entering Kael Drakkel, a zone that is restricted to level 90+. Obtaining the Quest does NOT grant you access to Kael Drakkel, you will still be required to be level 90 to enter. Also, if you have already completed this quest (and gained your giant prize!) you cannot be offered the quest again.

Please note: all dates/times are Pacific timezone
  12. Gryger Halifax Guide

All that is gold does not glitter,Not all those who wander are lost;
    And that's pretty true as you'll discover Sunday if you happen to be in Lavastorm around 11am (Pacific) ... We've got a wandering soul in need of some help!
  13. Dinendall Elder Guide

It seems those Gnomes are coming back to the Thundering Steppes. A recent note I was passed says:

"Avast ye landlubbers! Are ye lookin' th' beat ye time o th' Aether Races? Come o'er an' give 'er a spin agin! Be sure ta say ahoy ta any pirates ye be seein' at th' race -- there might be a bit o' loot in it fer ye!"

He said he'll be there from 0900hrs and will stay around through to about 1500hrs on the 13th July 2014.
  14. Dinendall Elder Guide

The wounded from the Festival of Might are being treated in the city of Freeport, an elderly priest shouts for help while tending to the wounded. Perhaps you can help him out?

7th July 2014, 1400hrs.
  15. Gryger Halifax Guide

There's a researcher in Darklight Wood who could use some assistance!
    Thursday 07/10/2014 @ 6pm PST
  16. Synergetic New Member

Hey there! Thanks so much for facilitating these events. Would it be possible to request one? The Kael or Be Kael'ed event was my favorite and I would LOVE to get it done on other characters. Just let me know when! Thanks!!
  17. Gryger Halifax Guide

Request? What do we look like? Guides or something? :p
    I'd be happy to run it! Usually, it gets run during the weekdays, possibly in the evenings, but every so often we make it a point to run it on weekends so everyone gets a chance. As a matter of fact, I myself ran it not so long ago. Keep your eyes on this thread, I'll try to make a post as soon as it's scheduled so you have plenty of time.

Thanks for coming out and supporting the events! Without the players, we'd just be wandering around, talking to ourselves. I can't speak for my teammates, but I do enough of that in real life as it is...
    8ladez and Synergetic like this.
  18. Dinendall Elder Guide

Blistering barnacle's - a strong wind from o' east blew th' ship of th' course an' we Gnomes ne'er made it t' Thundering Steppes.

We be makin' a'no'thr attemp't on th' Saturday 19th July. Look out fo' us!

Alas, RL shoved a large boot in and kept the gnomes from making an appearance - they tell me that they've got the ship all set now and will dock in Thundering Steppes next Saturday, 19th July. Keep an eye out for the Gnomes from 9am.
  19. Gryger Halifax Guide

A dwarf could use a "harvesting hand" out in Antonica later today!

1800 (6pm) Pacific Time Thursday 07/17/2014
  20. Gryger Halifax Guide

the silence of the Greater Faydark is shattered by the howls of a tormented soul!
    07/23/2014 @ 1800 (6pm)