The hottest gossip on the coolest server [Permafrost]

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Gryger Halifax, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Gryger Halifax Guide

Mistress HeartyHearth dusted the flour from her apron and grabbed her thickest wooden spoon, heading for the back door to dispense some well needed 'motivation' amongst the boys outside.
    "You layabouts get back to work! Don't you be looking at me! Master Gryger will need that horse shoed and ready to go by nightfall! I've got all these satchels of food and drink, and aren't you supposed to be loading the Master's extra collection items? And where's that tome? You'd best be sure he has it when he sets out!"

That's right folks! Yours truly is hitting the old Norrathian Trail! As many of you know, NotD is my favorite Norrathian festival. Be on the lookout for me this weekend, I'll be wandering about, handing out treats and listening to the best scary stories you have to tell!
  2. Gryger Halifax Guide

Ho, Norrath!

Guide Gryger here, pleased to announce the return of our "Trick or Treat" marathon!
    The festivities are scheduled for Sunday the 27th. All times (PST) are listed below.

We'll start this off in the fair city of Qeynos at 12:01am bright and early!
    4:00 am will find yours truly in the caverns beneath mighty Gorowyn.
    A quick walk through the icy streets of Halas sounds perfect for 8:00am!

Yours truly will be taking a breather for a few hours, but fear not! There will be other events and roleplaying...

You'll find me prowling about in Neriak at 4pm, be sure to stop on by and play!
    The Greater Faydark will be my next destination at 8:00pm and...
    last but not least, the finale will be in Freeport at midnight!

Some cute facts you might not know...

• This is our 4th year!
    • Last year, we had an entire herd of cattle for the Kelethin run!
    • This marathon event is always held the day after my Halloween party IRL, so you're dealing with someone who has already been awake for 24-36 hours (and drinking) ... fun!
  3. Darda New Member

Looking for some Permafrost love and trying to save our thread from rolling over to the second page! Oh where oh where are you guides? Please let us know when you will be out and about with some fun stuff for us!

I would love to see the lovely snow lady giving out her fashion advice as well as an indication of when and where so I can show up!
  4. Gryger Halifax Guide

Across the wilds of Norrath, the call goes out!
    Boldest of the bold, bravest of the brave... Do you dare enter Kael Drakkel to answer the challenge of the Stormshield Clan?
    Tomorrow evening (Thu 11/14 6pm Pacific) Krunjir Stormshield will be in the Eastern Wastes, offering this challenge to the bravest souls of Norrath!

DISCLAIMER Only Level 90+ can enter Kael Drakkel, although you may accept the quest, you will not be allowed to enter. Also, this quest can only be offered once to each character. Once you have completed it, you cannot take this quest again.
  5. Darda New Member

It has been almost a month and half since anything has been advertised for us here...I know that you all do stuff, but please, please, please, give us a heads up on some things, especially the Frostfell quest, Lost Frostfell Gifts.

Would love to get this on my alts, but I am not on that much with the holidays to randomly catch you if you have run it, but if you let us know when and where I will be there!! Please, please, please! Would make my whole Frostfell season!!

So, just a reminder, please run Lost Frostfell Gifts and let us know when and where! =)

Merry Christmas Permafrost Guides!

Darda
  6. Gryger Halifax Guide

Hear ye, hear ye! All souls of valor, take heed!
    For too long, the foul gnolls of Blackburrow have been allowed free reign...
    It is time to remind these mongrels of their true place... cowering in the shadows!
    Seek out Arynnn at the Blackburrow entrance in Antonica early in the morning* and join in the purge!

* 1:00pm Sunday, December 29th, 2013
    *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PACIFIC (California, USA) timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.
  7. Darda New Member

I waited for Arynn but she didn't make it...I hope she didn't get waylaid by gnolls! Hope she is ok and we see her soon in Norrath...

And tell those klutzy goblins to get with the program and drop some presents for us! =)

Darda
  8. Gryger Halifax Guide

Apologies to everyone!
    RL gobbies unshoed my horse!
    (translate: flat tire in North Jersey, by the time we got home, everyone was in such a bad mood I just called it a night)
    Look here for the reschedule!
  9. Gryger Halifax Guide

It is time to remind these mongrels of their true place... cowering in the shadows!
    Seek out Arynnn at the Blackburrow entrance in Antonica* and join in the purge!

* 6:00pm January 2nd, 2014 (Thursday)
    *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PACIFIC (California, USA) timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.
    Darda likes this.
  10. Gryger Halifax Guide

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
    Research "Assistants" needed! Near the entrance to Neriak in Darklight Wood, you'll find our fretful fabricator...

* Sunday, 01/05/14 @ 1700 (Pacific)
    Darda likes this.
  11. Darda New Member

Many thanks to the two odd but amusing Gigglegibbers I caught late, late last night in Halas dropping presents about! My alts appreciated helping Aimee out this year!

Yay!

And looking forward to more holiday fun with Erollisi, Brewday and Bristlebane days!

Darda
  12. Dinendall Elder Guide

Greetings Norrath

Word has reached me of two might hunters who need your help.

Seek out Arynn at the Blackburrow entrance in Antonica and join in the purge!

Sunday 1/12 @ 1400hrs (Pacific)

Great hunters of Norrath, the mighty Tocharra needs your help!
    The merchants of Maj'dul have orders they need fulfilling,
    the great hunter Tocharra has taken on this challenge.
    Find him in the Commonlands and show him your hunting prowess!

Monday 1/13 @ 1400hrs (Pacific)
  13. Gryger Halifax Guide

I wrinkled up my nose as I handed the steaming mug of fish broth to Mipkin. The Othmir drew a deep breath, and a faint almost purring noise escaped from his throat.
    "Oh that's perfect, Gryger! Thank you!" he sighed, pausing long enough to take a deep pull from the mug.
    "Don't mention it, my friend. Or at least, don't exhale too strongly!"
    He smiled and his whisker bristled good-naturedly, a silent chuckle.
    "So, what brings you this far from home? I can't imagine that my housekeeper's fish broth has no equal in all of Norrath!"
    "Oh, it's a fine broth, to be sure, but I came here hoping for some help!" His whiskers now fluttered almost nervously.
    "Whatever's the matter? You look as if Dreadwake himself was chasing you!"
    "Gryger, I made a foolish boast and now I have to deliver as much fish as I can to my Clan-mates!"
    I smiled and clapped him on the shoulder.
    "Oh, don't you worry, Mipkin! I'm certain we can find some people to help! Just tell me where and when, I'll see about getting the word out!"

Antonica, Thursday 01/16/2014 @ 6pm (Pacific)
  14. Gryger Halifax Guide

Sorry guys, RL has once again pushed its way forward. Stay tuned for the rescheduled date & time for Mipkin's Fishing Frustration!
  15. Gryger Halifax Guide

I wrinkled up my nose as I handed the steaming mug of fish broth to Mipkin. The Othmir drew a deep breath, and a faint almost purring noise escaped from his throat.
    "Oh that's perfect, Gryger! Thank you!" he sighed, pausing long enough to take a deep pull from the mug.
    "Don't mention it, my friend. Or at least, don't exhale too strongly!"
    He smiled and his whisker bristled good-naturedly, a silent chuckle.
    "So, what brings you this far from home? I can't imagine that my housekeeper's fish broth has no equal in all of Norrath!"
    "Oh, it's a fine broth, to be sure, but I came here hoping for some help!" His whiskers now fluttered almost nervously.
    "Whatever's the matter? You look as if Dreadwake himself was chasing you!"
    "Gryger, I made a foolish boast and now I have to deliver as much fish as I can to my Clan-mates!"
    I smiled and clapped him on the shoulder.
    "Oh, don't you worry, Mipkin! I'm certain we can find some people to help! Just tell me where and when, I'll see about getting the word out!"

Antonica, Wednesday 01/22/2014 @ 7am (Pacific) This is rescheduled from last week
  16. Gryger Halifax Guide

I had just settled back into my favorite chair, kicking off my boots when a knock on the door caused me to sit up straight.
    Please let it be a delivery coming to the wrong door. Mistress Heartyhearth will send them around to the back...
    "Master Gryger?"
    So much for rest and relaxation!
    "Yes, Annissa? Who's there?" I asked my housekeeper.
    "A young Halfling is at the door, Sir. She says she knows you? Menyanthes?"
    A smile crept across my face. Not many people could pull me out of my favorite chair, but this particular Halfling held a soft spot in my heart. She was one of the first Norrathians I had met after I retired from the life of an adventurer.
    But a quick look at the tear-stained face of my friend erased my smile.
    "My poor thing, whatever's the matter?" I said softly, sweeping her up into my arms. Not many people can resist a good strong Barbarian hug!
    "Oh Gryger, I'm in such trouble! With Erollisi Days fast approaching, I have had so many people asking for me special baked goods! Normally I'd be happy, but this morning, I opened my pantry and was horrified to discover that I am out of fayberries! I can't make any of my famous recipes without those berries! But I can't harvest them alone! What am I going to do?"
    A big tear slowly ran down her face.
    "Never fear, Menyanthes! All you have to do is ask! The folks out there in Norrath are always ready to lend a hand!"
    Her face brightened.
    "That's a great idea, Gryger! Thanks for your help!"
    She headed out the door, whistling a happy tune. "Thundering Steppes, here I come!"

Monday February 10th 2014 @ 1700 (Pacific)
  17. Darda New Member

Any chance of Love Potion Number One before the holiday ends Wednesday night?

During the late morning and early afternoon would be awesome Tuesday or Wed =)

Darda
  18. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Greeting Permafrost Guides~ and Ribbit~!! :D My friend met a dwarf in far off lands today ~ after completing his task and talking to him, she was wonderfully rewarded~! she told him about our far off land ...he however couldn't make the trip this far ...(understandable) ....He needed help sketching some axes ...fun, fun fun~! For many, many years (10) I have not been so fortunate to have met a similar dwarf here in these lands that may be looking for the same help. I'm sure others have been too. So, maybe if we all promise to bring some Dwarven Ale to Butcherblock, one of his friends may join us someday and we can all celebrate his visit~! Froggie pads crossed for good luck~! :D
    Darda likes this.
  19. Darda New Member

/knock knock

Anyone home?

It's been almost two months since we have heard anything about happenings here. While I know you have been out and about a tiny bit on occasion even though it seems rather secretive to where and when lately, where are all the guides on Permafrost? We miss you and want to participate in some fun!

Please give us some guide action and let us know the whens and wheres!

On that note, would love to have some racing action in Thundering Steppes someday as well get a visit from that lovely snow lady handing out some new looks!

Darda
  20. Dinendall Elder Guide

Greetings Permafrost,

The Guides of Permafrost are still out there.... as are many of the folk they meet on their travels. Look out for them in general chat or if you happen on a request for help lend a hand when you can!

In the meantime, my travels have just alerted me to a Coldain Dwarf who may need your help in Frostfang Sea. I saw him in Halas, he was heading down to the cove near the wooden raft.. but he's a slow walker so it'll probably take him a good half hour to get there, about 2pm by my estimates

I'm sure he's hoping for as much help as he can get.