The Heritage of Time by Ceyarrecks (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, I have seen that same sentiment said about other museums in the game as well. I think, however, that the important thing is that these museums are available to other players and if the museum has visitor access, you probably have had visitors that you don't even know about, but because of the constant need to update the museums, publishing them is generally only done for a very short period of time, so one never knows just how useful they really have been. I feel that if even one person benefits from it, then it has been a successful endeavor.

As for the cloak museum, I feel that the time and effort I and the others involved in putting it together is reward in and of itself, and any usefulness others may find in it is simply a bonus.

Exposure helps to promote our museums, through advertising in decoraids, in the forums, in Homeshow channel in game, and if you participate in any of the social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, you can advertise there as well. Personally, I avoid social media sites like the plague. :D
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The Homeshow Crafting House is not public, it was created so that the people that participated in the events like the swaps and such in the Homeshow Forums had a place to craft, materials and fuels to use, especially if AB was not their home server as it is hard on them to have to level up, gather, store, etc.

So I purchased the Personal Planetarium, crafted the Fuel, Harvest, and a Food depot for it and bought an extra fuel depot from the marketplace. Bought elaborate crafting stations for it. And began filling the depots. I have the keys for the Frostfell depots, I just didn't create this house until after Frostfell and haven't poached the Frostfell stations from one of my other houses since nobody has asked to be friended to this house yet. I put the food and drink depot in because I know power sometimes runs out when crafting so I figured they made need that as well. I made Uwkete a trustee because I know her, so people could request to be made a friend if I was not around. I let the people that organize the swaps know that Uwkete and I would friend anybody that was entered into a swap on AB, just let us know. During NoTD, I will send my 2 ponies to get candies for the depot in there as well. People whose home is AB do not need the Homeshow Crafting House, the people that do not normally live on AB might, especially people that are newer to swaps and that is who I wanted to help.

As far as the museums. I have kept every single cloak and every single bow that I have ever gotten either as a drop or as a reward. I would love to either try to recreate your museums, or give you all access to enough of my empty prestige houses so that you could recreate your museums on AB. You all would do more justice to your creations than I would and I would never use your ideas without your express permission. I love the idea of 15 years of history being available for everybody to look at if they wish to. If we the players do not do this, who is going to?

I do have one question though, and from somebody that has played since 04 November 2004, it may sound odd, but I have never used mannequins much, I think I have used 2, what do you do with the items that you place on them? I have been carrying around in my backpack all the clothes and such that are on the 2 mannequins I have used because I don't know what to do with it. If I destroy them do the mannequins go naked? I have no clue. I have carried the stuff on them around for 2 years now.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well, I can certainly purchase a dojo on Antonia Bayle, and begin compiling a list of the generic material to construct it; The obvious caveat is of course, the completing of the various Heritage Quests that are available, some of which, if I recall correctly, are rather lengthy.
    This being said that over time I can certainly finish these quests, or if there are others whom would like to donate the Heritage Quest items for display, that will hasten the completion process of The (AB) Heritage of Time. :)

p.s.
    was actually looking forward to recreating the Jfai Jump Trainer on AB, as I am quite assured its usefulness there would not go underappreciated,... (Maj'Dul, HoF, Crea(rec) #165 owner: Jfai)

p.p.s.
    ok, The Heritage of Time now exists, in part, on Antonia Bayle; please send me PM that we may begin coordination :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I blush to admit that yeah, I haven't gotten PM or in-game mail requests for Friending for it, either (might've jogged Ye Olde Sludge Memoree if they had). It's a cool idea still, I think; I've got a Guild Hall in Gorowyn I inherited and before we'd gotten any "official" crafting stations, depots, etc. in the Hall, me and mine put all that stuff in a nearby 6-room house with four Treasure Hoards, so we didn't need to pay any amenity status for them in the Hall (and with everything else that's needed [Banker, Broker, etc.] just outside the door...). So, if worst should come to worst, I hope there's always a need for The Homeshow Crafting House! :)

(Seriously, c'mon, folks, give us some love there, yeah? :))

As far as the outfits go, I'm not sure either; I've only recently, reluctantly, begun to use the Wardrobe, and only with items that I wouldn't care about when they got...Destroyed (/twitch)...that way. :-/

I did a big Tailor Shop for Quiarrah for a Frostfell swap in a 6-room Gorowyn, and I still have all the dozens of outfits I made for the dozens of mannequins; a lot in my Bank bags/boxes and a lot in my Sales Crates (not for sale, of course, just a place to park them). It'd be a lot easier on us if we got REAL Wardrobes: clothing depots. Maybe the "Appearance Only" tag might help with that?

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Once the mannequins are dressed, Cyrenna, they stay dressed, regardless of what you do with the original items you equipped to them (put on broker, give to an alt or friend, destroy, put in wardrobe, etc). The only way those items are coming off the mannequins, is if someone (trustee on the home) 'customizes' the mannequin and removes the item.

There are people who will dress mannequins with cool items, put them on the broker, so others can have those items too. Unfortunately, you cannot see what items are on the mannequin (hmm maybe you can if you examine the mannequin, I haven't tried that yet), so it's basically luck of the draw to find a unique item or outfit on the mannequin that you don't already have. Some mannequins will not be dressed at all, some are, and you won't know until you purchase it and set it down.

Just remember, once you get rid of an item, you are not going to have it to put back on the mannequin, if an item gets erroneously removed, but I think that is something you don't have to worry about too much, unless you are prone to making such mistakes.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I am tired of carrying around these clothes. So I know I can put them in a vault or bank or whatever and the mannequins will not be nude. Nothing on them is special, one is dressed like a Gravedigger and one is dressed like a Mortician. Everything can be made by a tailor.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I know that the grand majority of the stuff I put on the mannequins for Quiarrah's place can be made by a Tailor, since my Tailor made it; I'll check with her as to what she wants to do, just in case she wants to do something else with the mannequins someday (I did make the offer of graciously filling up her Inbox with all the outfits, but for some odd reason, she didn't go for that ;->). I just wish I could outright give her the Marketplace items I got, since I personally believe they should be in her control (and many of them no longer exist...sigh :-/), but if I had just Gifted them to her, it would've complicated a Secret Santug Swap... :-/

Uwk
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Alright, recent addition to The Heritage of Time, which is again, published (Maj'Dul, Small Homes) has additional resources:
    All Things City Festival, Botanical Gardens(all things that grow), and Merchants of Norrath (city, faction type purchase-ables)
    Thanks to Sandx, Azzuriite, & Nascene for their contributions to the decorators of Norrath! :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh my!!! You guys are amazing!

And you are doing all of this while working on 6-Flags over Norrath?
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

umm, kinda.
    Though Vas is doing the majority of the work for Six Flags, DVC is also working on parts IV, III, II of the Fleeing, the Ratonga project ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ohhhh!!! Fleeing, the Ratonga??? I don't think I have heard of this project. Since my stable of Maj'Dul characters are from LdL they do not get played so I don't see or hear a lot of what goes on there unless it is posted here.

Any hints???
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well,..
    /e takes deep breathe to fill Burynai lungs...

the story can be started with either
    Daemora's HDE17 Saving Norrath [Style Overall #341(owner: Poppat)] (Fleeing, the Ratonga is referenced to and connected inside)
    or
    RAIDING the IceBox {by DVC} (owner: Ceyarrecks) [HoF, Crea/Rec, #289]
    however, Fleeing, the Ratonga (which was actually named Fleeing Norrath(owner: Daemora [Hof, Crea/Rec, #69])) is Part V of the series, the Icebox, is part I;
    parts II, III, IV, & 4.5 are all works in progress, but which will be interconnected ;) )
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

HDE17 Saving Norrath has been unpublished/republished for easier access to finding it for whomever is interested. It is currently #1 under Large Homes on Maj'dul server. Poppat is the owner of the home. There is a portal in the home that will take you directly to Fleeing Norrath, which I will soon unpublish/republish with the 'correct' house name. I didn't even realize I had named it wrong, until Cey pointed it out, hehe. :rolleyes:

Of course, just in the process of unpublishing/republishing Saving Norrath, he had to twice correct me on the naming of that house. I am just going to attribute that to my distraction from all this coughing I'm doing due to a summer cold that seems to be lingering. I couldn't begin to tell you what my excuse is for incorrectly naming Fleeing Norrath. :D
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo! And here I was impressed at my Soon To Be [Soon(TM)!] Finished Some Day project for Jimmy Buffett's song, "Beach House on the Moon"...I gotta see this when it's done, to see how it's done! :D

More than a week, with phlegm production? Could be bronchitis... :-/

Uwk
    a chronic sufferer from way back :-/
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Aw no!! Get better soon, it's horrible being sick.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

nah, tis just something seemingly a bit more virulent going around Pennsylvania at this time.
    I had it too, it is gone now.
    it is the body's first line of defense that when a cell is compromised with an invaded virus that it CARPET BOMBS the area to stop that one cell's production, hence the soreness, hence the collateral damage that needs to be cleared away,..
    adequate levels of vitD, baking at 90degrees makes one right as rain :D
    (can add some capsaicin to get things moving along a bit faster too ;) )
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. There was a thing that was going around our small liberal arts college way back when, picking us off one by one, but since most of us were too poor to go to a "real" doctor and get tested for whatever bug it might've been, we just had our school Health Center trying to help us. Extreme fatigue, sensitivity to light, fairly decent fever (about 2-3 degrees above normal for a day or two), hit like a ton of bricks for like three or four days. Turned out, probably, it was our own bodies blasting away at whatever was trying to wipe us out for real; possibly even a reaction to a "mild" form of meningitis. First time I was in a college situation away from home with dorms, and I don't think I was alone in that.

Whenever I feel a cold coming on, when I want to lick it asap, I'll frequently deliberately park my car in the sun for a few hours, then go out to it and bask inside it, letting the heat roast everything out (and get some Vitamin D generated, yeah :D). Purrrrr. X-)

Or, strangely, if it's just a cold (no fever, barfing, etc.), I've found that working out actually helps, too. Anything to get the core temp up and the circulation sped up. Seriously, it works for me. :)

Uwk
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will send you a bus ticket to visit me. You will not need to park your car in the sun. You will just need to go outside for about 1 minute.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it a loverly dry heat? :D

Uwk
    a desert rat -- er, cat from way back :)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Most of the time it is, but when it is a 120 and a monsoon comes up out of nowhere and the humidity soars to 100% it is horrible.