The Great Candy (Cane) Chase issues

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Merriel, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

The first year this race came out, I had absolutely no problem completing this under the time limit to get the achievement.

This year, I can only get to cube #22 before the three minute timer runs out. This is without bumping into anything accidentally, only using the gift boxes to pretty much direct me to the next cube, and not missing any cubes along the way as I know the path to each cube.

I haven't really done the chase in the intermittent years, so I don't know when changes were made, but there is definitely something wrong with this chase now. I tried using a ground mount, a leaper mount, Blessing of Xegony, etc, but the mount itself is definitely not the issue here. I removed Djjinn buff and Glide because they did interfere with landing during the first few rounds, so that is not what is preventing this from happening either.

One thing I do recall is that to complete the chase, there were a few patches of land mass that I had to cross over, and I don't remember this being an issue, but it seems that oftentimes when I cross a patch of land now, it gives me a 'slow' debuff that some of the gift packages give, even if there is no gift there. I have also noticed on occasion, getting thrown back or to the side or whatever, while gliding across the ice, where the gift packages were quite a ways away from me, so I don't know if the range of these packages was changed, but whatever was changed has created a detriment to completing this chase.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I got bounced around and only made it to cube 6. I gave up.
    Cyrrena, Cassta and SynergyBlaize like this.
  3. Ichoris Well-Known Member

This quest is really hard and doesn’t give many coins.

The problem I have is not knowing where the next cube is. It would be a HUGE help to add the blue map markers like the other racing events have. Those show you which and where the next active ring is.

Cutting the number of cubes in half might also help. I know some people like the challenge of this quest. Overall it’s not fun (for me) and I avoid it after I do it once for the achievement.
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Juraiya like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's really hard, and I won't do it at ALL. :) I hate timed quests, and things that bounce me around often give me motion sickness. The combination made me decide the very first time I had even heard about it, that it was one game/quest that I was simply never going to bother with.
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You can 10 coins for doing the goblin decorations. Much easier on me to do that.
    Cyrrena, Merriel and Juraiya like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

The point is, that where it used to be possible for me to do this race in the reduced time limit to gain the achievement, it has now become impossible for me to do it in the max time allowed to do the race. Something in the mechanics of this race has been changed to make this happen.

I hate the races in all the holliday events and generally tend to avoid them even if I can do them successfully, but this was one I actually enjoyed and was good at, but now even it has become un-enjoyable as I can no longer complete it.
  7. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this thought will help or not.
    When I had a lower end computer all the timed seasonal or event races were barely do-able for me . in the air races I was never ever able to compete with most of the player times posted , and in the 'grab it up' type races to pick up so many items in the allotted time my best numbers were maybe 60 or so items no matter what I did .
    Then my husband built me a spandy new machine with a large ssd and plenty of ram. and Ta Da!! I'm picking up 90 or so items in those same item grab races. and in the monthly air races I can sometimes even place on the board .
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Same here, in fact pretty much all of the "race-type" holiday events they put in, I am unable to participate and definitely no way to get an achievement. :oops:
    Merriel, Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto! I would love to earn the achievements but when I try the "race type" events I either don't complete in time or my scores are not acceptable. I do not even try them now, which saddens and angers me because I will never earn the achievement. :(:mad:
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea the best I got was I think 20 cubes. So close but yet so far.
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have completed this one I think 3 times, but never in the time allotted for the achievement.
    Breanna likes this.