The Gates of Ahket Aken non-attackable gargoyle, Xideus Yoatiak

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Brigh, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

How do you get this to spawn attackable?
    Zam has it listed as a 62x4, yet after clearing the zone of epics (left all the grey at 70 heroics), getting my achievement on the last boss, this thing still turns to me with a stoney gaze on a hail.
    Internet searches show old posts of guilds killing it as a server first, etc, with pictures of loot.
  2. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

I've been curious about that myself...
  3. ARCHIVED-Kreton Guest

You activate him from a rare drop from one of the first names in the zone.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

afaik you need a drop, which is used to craft an item (only one artisan can craft not the hole).
    but, i just tanked it ^^
  5. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

Thanks, Kreton.
    One other question that might be up your alley, but on a different track, what kind of frequency beyond simply 'rare' for the dragon scales from the Keeper of Silence for the Pedastal of Sky access quest?
    I've killed the Keeper a handful of times lately, but nothing resembling a scale yet. I presume that while the content is relegated to long ago irrelevant to most, that this was supposed to be the 'back-flag' second-chance method, for guilds who didnt win the race consistently to the contestested dragon, and the kill of the respective, contested dragons was the intended primary means of proceeding with this access quest.
    However, since the contested dragons were removed, I am wondering that with the Keeper being the sole source, if perhaps the rate of drop on the scales is 'too' low for anyone to effectively experience whatever is beyond the access quest. Once a day, once weekly, or more rare than that serverwide?
  6. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

WanyenII wrote:
    They're not that rare. I recently did a complete kill-everything run of DoF, and I didn't have any scales. So my boyfriend and I logged on a bunch of alts and soloed/duoed Poet's Palace a handful of times, and we came away with a couple of silver scales and one gold (we stopped as soon as we had one of each). So doing the access quest + getting the scales only took us an afternoon... personally I don't think that is too rare.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

WanyenII wrote:
    I don't think the contested dragons were removed (or it's rather new as I saw them after DoV release). You won't see 'em up much tho as they have a very long (5 or 7 days ?) respawn and can be soloed/duoed by any mentored 90.
    From my experience, the Keeper drops a scale about 1/10 but I may be just unlucky with the RNG. On a side note, you can complete "Capturing Day and Night" for as many as 24 ppl with just one set of scales, you also only need 1 person with access to zone ppl into PoS or PP : the Return (DMP needs everyone flaged with the "Master Scale" tho)
    Don't forget to check the broker for scales too.
  8. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

Thanks! Great info, and very encouraging.
    I would never have expected the scales to be tradable as even a remote consideration.
  9. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Ragnaphore wrote:
    They're still in game(the dragons) as I got both of my access updates killing them, rather than scales. The scales I swear don't exist. I went in there and killed the bugger tons of times and got a grand total of 2 scales... both gold. Silver took the longest to update because Siamyak refused to spawn out on the rock.
    Killed him, did Barakah grey. They have all new loot tables; when my three man guild group killed Siamyak, we got disco on all the items he dropped.
  10. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

WanyenII wrote:
    They're white items. Drop in any chest type.
    Only few I got dropped in wood chests :/
  11. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

i've cleared poets palace prolly 50 times (mostly during TSO), i got a scale on my first kill, and the opposing scale about a week later, none since, thats over 40 times without seeing either drop. iirc it was exquisite chest of keeper of silence.
  12. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Ugh... don't derail the post please. DoF dragons do exist still as I killed the white one a week ago. Back on subject, the crafting drop is for the last named, and is not needed for mentored high levels to kill it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Wasn't needed back then either. Just helped.
    Need a jeweler and a pearl to make it. Book drops off another mob in there.
    And that item is what screwed up the "highest magical hit" stat in eq2players.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

ratbastard wrote:
    The scale is a body drop type item, it drops in a small chest, just like other quest starters Feerrott is a good example the Keeper will drop a scale at grey con. If the kepper drops an exquisite chest it *will* contain the scale but it is not a fabled item, nor is it considered treasure as it drops from grey mob.