The Final Blow

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by palleswife, Dec 2, 2016.

1. palleswife New Member

Why can't I see the fluttering papers to complete the book. My Sage has collected from the book cases repeatedly, but cannot find the ground spawn items that I've been told are "all over the floor" They are supposed to be trackable, yet my track harvesting ability shows nothing. Help please
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you are on the step in Bathezid? If that's the book you mean, the odd number pages come from the bookcases, the even ones are from the ! pages all over.

As a related note (but possibly doesn't apply to you), for all the crafters I've run through the quest line, at a glance on the collection Page 12 appears as though it's not collected when it actually has been and used on the collection.

Make sure to hover over the ones you need and see if it's the odd pages as well as maybe some scribed onto collection but not showing scribed. :)
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Have you completed Proof of the Pudding, and do you still have the earring? According to another thread, the OP no longer had the earring and couldn't see the pages, either. Once they bought a replacement from Shady on Nek Forest dock, they were able to see them.
    Shmogre and Xianthia like this.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm having the opposite problem. The fluttering pages are spawning all over the place, and respawning rather quickly, but I can't get the bookcases to spawn. I'm missing the odd numbered pages and the bookcases aren't respawning (there was someone else collecting them from bookcases just as I got there, and no respawn).
  5. Domino Well-Known Member

To see the pages, you need to have your Earring of the Solstice (just like every other tradeskill collection quest), and you need to have the book the researcher gave you.

Bookcases do not disappear and thus do not respawn. The only time they are NOT clickable is if you already have the page they give you in your possession, or have deleted the book you're trying to find pages for. Check your bags! And also note that each archetype goes to different bookcases, so a carpenter's bookcases are different from a sage's.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Umm...I hate to disagree with the person who did all the work on the quest but you're describing the way it worked on the beta server. On live the book cases have become like page spawns. They become clickable during the quest, and cease being clickable. I received over half of the pages needed from bookcases that become clickable on the 2nd and even 3rd pass of a room. I was really surprised by this change since I did the collection part for the recipe in the last couple of days of beta.
  7. Elinea Well-Known Member

I ended up having to delete the quest and start it over, because I could NOT get any of the bookcases to be clickable and was missing page 3. I even logged off for a few hours and later tried again, but all book cases remained unclickable. That said, once I deleted and reacquired the quest, I got page 3 right away and was able to continue on.

Edit: I've run through this quest on all my crafters (9 times!) and the day I made this post was the only time I ran into a problem, so it wasn't something I could reproduce either.
  8. Artemiz Active Member

My observation, based on your comments, is this is not working as intended.

1. The bookcases light up and will become clickable again over time, equating to a "respawn" if you want to call it that.
    2. pages can be gathered from either a bookcase or the floor - I have looted the same page number from both a bookcase and the floor fluttering pages.
    3. Bookcases are spawning more than 1 particular page, I have received multiple pages from the same bookcase while on the same quest.

Have completed this more than a dozen times thus far and the behavior is similar across all crafting classes.

I have not had a bug which ever caused me to delete the quest or start over but there was one page on my weaponsmith which just didnt want to drop. I think I had collected 25-30 pages in duplicates before I got the last page I needed.
    Lojaak likes this.
  9. ctgrake New Member

Was the original question ever solved? ... "Why can't I see the fluttering papers to complete the book."

I have retrieved all of the odd numbered pages from the bookshelves, however, I do not see the fluttering pages anywhere.

I did not have my Earring of the Soltice when I started this quest, so I purchased it from the Shady Swashbluckler on the Nectolus Forest docs.

I still do not see any fluttering pages marked by ! anywhere inside or outside.

Can't complete The Final Blow Quest :(
  10. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I believe I was able to harvest-track the "!"s.. If they are not showing there, then something is definitely going on.
  11. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'd suggest deleting the quest and getting it again. You'll either have to get it again from Brythel, or from the sarnak in the room there. The quest step says to complete the book, so even if you're missing one page or a dozen, it doesn't delete the progress you already made on the collection.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

DON'T DELETE THE FINAL BLOW. (sorry for shouting :))

To quote our illustrious dev, Domino:

If you aren't able to see the pages, be sure to double-check that you've done every step up to that point. Can you let us know what your quest journal and quest helper say?
    Prissetta and Xianthia like this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

HAHAHA I was looking/cutting pasting link as you were submitting your response.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

I only suggested it because I've done it myself, and it solved my problem, which was the same one ctgrake is having.

I wouldn't delete the quest later on in the chain, but this is the beginning of it, and the step I deleted said to complete the book. After this step, I wouldn't recommend deleting it at all.

Edit: Domino is awesome, but I haven't seen her post here in a while, so if you want to move things along, restart it. If you don't mind waiting an indeterminate amount of time for it to be fixed, by all means, wait.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

More from Domino, hopefully it will help:

Prissetta and Xianthia like this.
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

Going to say the bookcases are not behaving the way Domino describes them. The bookcases become clickable like a collectable spawning. When you collect from them they stop being clickable. They can become clickable again, and will probably have a different page. When you are looking for pages, mouse over all the bookcases as well. Half of the pages I have been getting have come from the bookcases.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, odds come from bookcases, evens from the floor (or vice versa, can't remember exactly).
    Prissetta likes this.