The Final Blow & switching classes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cusashorn, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm currently working through The Final Blow (AKA Tradeskill Epic 2.0), and the quester and lore historian in me is disappointed that each of the three tradeskill classes each gets their own book house item. I need to get all three of those books, so has anyone ever checked to see if this quest can be repeated by switching tradeskill classes (like The Proof of the Pudding quest can be?)

If not, then I'll just hold off on actually completing it and just delete the quest for when I jump over to woodworker and jeweler down the line. (I'm a quester. I have my reasons. It's the journey, not the destination.)
    Jrox and Breanna like this.
  2. Zell Member

thats a crazy amount of work to go threw for a book, but i get you. if anyone dose it be me im a quester first and crater second. you could just have the 2 other characters of yours do them for the other books and place them in your house for you mind you they will still be the owners of those books but they will then be in your house, but i wouldn't if it was me i would start over and get the other books too. given the stat of BoL iv already thought about switching from armorer to one of the other classes. as fpr weather you can do that im not entirely sure. i don't see the quest as a repeatable quest so i think the only way you could do that is to delete the quest then switch professions and retake the quest. if you simply switch professions during the quest after haven gotten a book it may not let you get another but deleting it and retaking the quest should then restart the quest entirely allowing you to get the other books.

Im not 100% certain of this though, so it is your risk.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I bring this up because The Proof of the Pudding quest that grants the Earring of Solstice actually can be repeated (despite being a non-repeatable quest) every time you get a crafter up to level 80. It doesn't reward the earring a second time, but you do get the master crafter certificate and cloak for each one. I've already done it 4 times now.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Zell Member

i see so your wondering if the final blow is the same way, i don't know just know how most quest mechanics works. if you complete a quest that's non repeatable then you cannot take the quest ever again, however if you delete a quest before finishing it you can retake the quest again and start over many people who have messed up on the shawl actually have had to do this painfully. seeing as the reward for this quest is a cloak of that's probably better then any other level 100 cloak i would surmise if you finish the quest and it let you retake the quest again like you want, just like the earring no matter if you are a different profession you will not be able to get another cloak.

if you are able to get another cloak then i'm sure once they realize this, you soon wont be. actually that may be a good thing anytime they have to mess with the code for stuff like this if you make it known you were doing it for those books, they will more more submissive to provide way to get them alternatively since they are already messing with the code. but that's no grantee.

honestly they should make it so once you finish the quest and get your cloak it works like the earring and lets you see the pages for the other books. that would be nice but this is daybreak now, i was so ust to dealing with SoE if it were them i could tell you 100 times over how this would go, lmao and it would not be pretty. SoE had a clear vision on things like in this instance quest choices if you got one item they were hell bent to make sure you had no way to get the other by non intended reasons.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The pages are part on the floor and part on shelves and all are no-trade, so you can't complete the collection buy having someone else harvest them for you.
    I don't know if the quest poofs when you reset your class or not. Maybe if you reset while at the gathering step on first char, then go up to that point with other class, gather again, then reset to third archetype you could get the 3 books on the same char, but it's convoluted.
  6. Zell Member

yep, but the perfectionists and completionists out there suffer when there is something they cannot obtain, you may think its convoluted but trust me its not, its actually something that over time can deter them from continuing to play and eventually we loose a player. so i get it.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

yes, my husband rerolled his TS classes, 9 times, to grab extra quests when he played back in the day (and betrayed but too late to get the extra pre-revamp FP quests), so I understand the completionist vibe or the desire to switch classes on your main if you don't have 9 crafters.
    Lucky for him, he was gone when this collection went in (and it's anyway the first thing I checked when I ran the timeline anyway, force of habit).
    Lucky for completionists, at least, now it's possible to level to 120 when you already have the timeline done.

but yeah, there will always be stuff that can't be attained if you already did one version of them.
    Breanna likes this.