The Final Blow (Obulus Tradeskill sig line)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Merriel, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, I have been working on the Obulus sig line with my provisioner, Merriel, and everything was going along quite smoothly until I hti this one snag, that still hasn't been fixed, though I have bug reported it twice now.

I went through all the steps up to the Crypt of Dalnir instance. I purchased my Mumified Ganak Illusion form from the broker, it was a one-time use illusion that lasts something like 12 hours (not the Crusaders of Greenmist disguise that is inside my bags). I purchased the sword and the shield from the broker. I crafted the incense burner.

I entered the instance, turned the statue to open the door, then used the illusion form. I used the incense burner against all the ghosties I encountered, and progressed through the instance, to the room where Haggle Baron Dalnir was at. I spoke with him.

I picked up the items from the two side rooms, went back to one of the three forges in Dalnir's forge room, and crafted the Rune Conduit (it gave me a four count of these). The quest updated and told me to return to Brytthel in Nye'Caelona, which I did.

I returned to her and when I speak to her, all she says is "A Greenmist Crusader? Here?"

My quest does not update and I am unable to progress any further in this questline. It has been several days now.

I have left the zone, returned to my guild hall, and returned to Nye'Caelona again, but she will not say anything else and will not update my quest.

Please fix so that I may continue to progress through this questline on Merriel. Thank you!
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, talk about a quick fix! Thank you to whomever (GM) that fixed my quest in the short time since I posted this. I do appreciate it very much! :)
    Kuulei and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  3. Fangrim Active Member

Are you sure you didn't have the illusion still on? Or the one in your bags?
    Dude likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

If you go through it again and get this, be sure to dismiss the illusion. That's what fixes it. My guess is that your illusion finally wore off, which enabled you to talk to the NPC.
    Breanna and Fangrim like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I suppose it is possible, depending on how the timer works on the illusion....but....when I posted this thread it had been about three days since I bug reported it, which would be outside of the normal 12 hour time frame of that illusion, so I'm not so sure that was the issue. I know that as of posting this yesterday, she still wouldn't get the quest update from Brytthell but just before I logged for the night, I noticed the book over Brytthell's head, approximately 25 minutes after I had posted this thread. Still, good call, guys. :)
    Dude likes this.