The expansion raid boss hits for less than a generic heroic mob

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Somedude, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Somedude Active Member

So, the expansion raid boss, the culminating fight of the entire expac, the boss of all bosses. The Djinn Master hits for less damage than a generic heroic mob.

Djinn Master outgoing auto:
    [IMG]

And here is a generic heroic mob:
    [IMG]

Now what I find particularly silly is how little mitigation matters on DMP (and every raid mob in DOF) is their auto attack damage is virtually unaffected by Mitigation.

In the above screenshot, you can see Faceroll (warlock) vs Furzerker (Berzerker) and Xanomir (SK). The cloth wearing warlock with no tank stats and no buffs takes the same damage as plate tanks with full buffs.

So, it appears plate doesn't matter at all, we can literally buff ANYONE with hate and have them raid tank this expansion.

Content is a complete joke and tuning is laughable. If you're not detecting it yet, people are leaving Kaladim en mass cause of how weak the content is.
  2. TwoDeadly Member

In case the devs are reading this, I would like to put forward a theory. And it goes like this. If you guys make raid content challenging, you will not lose your casual player base. They will just continue playing and doing things that aren’t as difficult. There are not many games out there in the same style as eq2 that allow for very easy raiding. So if the raids are tuned up, they may be disgruntled by the fact that maybe they can’t get endgame loot, but most of them will stay. Now, on the other hand, if you tune up raiding difficulty, you WILL get more subscribers from the more hardcore bunch (and the medium core), and they will subscribe for longer, because a difficult raid progression system would give them what they want and in a stretched out time frame. You will have raiders subbing for the entire four months of each expansion. So challenging raids are a win win scenario, for both daybreak and eq2 players. Thank you in advance.
  3. Somedude Active Member

I already gave up and left Kaladim. Seems atleast 3 guilds have at this point, maybe more, I quit tracking. In short, all the best players have left cause the content is a joke and the entire experience is really an insult to what EQ2 was.

This TLE isn't nostalgia, it isn't offering any remnant of what this content was previously.

If you're going to offer a TLE, you've got to spend the time it takes to make sure the basic mechanics of the game are tuned appropriately for the level ranges of the players.

Mitigation is borked, hard caps and soft caps are borked, mobs are not tuned appropriately. Maybe I'm unreasonable, but I believe that DBG has a responsibility to ensure that the basic building blocks of gameplay are working in a reasonably sound manner. I feel what we received in Kaladim is absolutely nothing short of a 'cash grab' with extremely pour content quality.
    Vazdeline, Mizgamer62, Xevran and 2 others like this.
  4. TwoDeadly Member

I almost bought a krono today. But I thought to myself, do I really want to pay more money into a company that is essentially ripping me off? And I thought no. I am currently having fun in the game. But I know what’s coming. Was talking to a swash today that solo’s all end game group instances, and I’ve heard of wizards doing the same... wizards. It’s sad, because I’m having fun, but this will probably be the only subscription that I pay for. If it was as challenging as it used to be, I would have been subbed for probably 2 years, while buying krono’s along the way. I don’t like feeling jipped. I left WoW because of the faction and mana pearl grind, but even at least WoW had difficult content to look forward to. I’m looking up ff14 too, and my PS4 keeps catching my eye.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

In my opinion, all of the Time Locked Expansion servers have been a pure cash grab and all have had the same or similar problems. It's like the definition of insanity. To each his own, but I can't imagine any one wanting to continue throwing money at Kaladim or any future TLE's based on their track record up to now.
  6. TwoDeadly Member

Guess they aren’t called Day “Break” Games for nothing. Fix it up, prove me wrong, and win over some subscriptions. Challenging content equals progression equals subscriptions equals money equals happy players and happy company. Doooo it.
    NewAccountWhoDis likes this.
  7. Somedude Active Member

The thing I'm finding baffling right now is I'm playing on Nagafen (atleast until my son leaves for college), and the PVE content is better tuned on the PVP server than it has been on any TLE so far.

I've put in well over 16 hours of time and I'm level 27. Each level is an actual accomplishment and nothing feels just handed to me. If anything, its tuned too low on experience rewards, as its only a 3 month season and we have KoS to get thru before the end. But net/net it's a far more appropriate PVE tuning than Kaladim was.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This. This x a billion. There is so much cool stuff in EQ2 that appropriate raid difficulty isn't going to ruin it for the player that logs on to chat with their friends, harvest and craft.

I have ALWAYS liked the playstyle that you CAN solo your way to decent gear - but it takes longer and more effort to do so. That gives a balance between those that can commit to raiding and those that for whatever reason (family, work schedule, time, or just plain 'dont' want to') can still see shiny loot.

Whether I can raid or not, raiding should provide top line, awesome stuff. Stuff you can only get if you raid. I got a pair of gloves in one of the instances that was legendary, then the exact same gloves, different name, same exact stats with a Fabled label on them dropped in courts or gates (can't remember which, didn't matter, they are the same).
  9. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

WoW was really good until the train wreck of this last expansion. FFXIV is weird. (sorry but it is)
    NewAccountWhoDis and TwoDeadly like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

If FF114 doesn't work out for you, a bunch of us from various EQ2 guilds have made a community for WoW Classic. We are rolling on the Herod PvP server. :)
  11. NewAccountWhoDis New Member

I dunno about WoW but you're totally right about FF14. Installed it for the first time a week or so ago, and what a truly bizarre experience. Unpleasantly so.
  12. Somedude Active Member

I'm very sorry to necro a thread, but I'm returning for KoS and could not find answers to this issue.

This thread illustrated a problem how mitigation curves were not being applied correctly on Kaladim. I've read the patch notes and see no evidence that this was fixed, but I know not everything gets mentioned in patch notes.

So asking the players, Has the mitigation curves been addressed? Does having 7500 mit vs 2500 mit significantly reduce damage, or is it still only a 5% difference in incoming damage and I should build into other stats over mitigation?
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No they did not fix or address this issue.

I posted about it on the official discord before I got banned again, asking if this was gonna get fixed.

Either way, the idea of progression is entirely impossible without mitigation and uncontested block actually scaling in a way that allows for raids to gear out tanks and that offering some kind of reduction to incoming damage.

As it currently stands the difference between a full set of raid gear and non raid gear is less than hunker down, and hunker down offers less than 1-2% damage reduction versus a same level mob.

This issue was brought up to Kander/Caith around 9 months ago, when on Fallen Gate we were wearing 2 ill will's, essentially doubling our mitigation on tanks and it was doing essentially nothing to reduce incoming damage. Nine months later, and two TLE's later, we are still plagued with the same issues of mitigation not scaling properly. Perhaps Dreamweaver can help us?