The EQ2 Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinyard, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Daghammer Member

lol Dulcenia

or if they wanted to be evil they would spawn everyone at level 1 on the docks of the Tranquil Sea zone :eek:
    Here's the Isle you all wanted so bad MUHAHAHA
    Seefar and Strings like this.
  2. KhaineUK Active Member

I honestly don't get how restoring Isle v2 (Queens Colony/Isle of the Overlord) would be that hard. They have the art assets, the zone and NPC's exist due to the Prestiege home. If the devs went through sites like ZAM and EQ2i, they'd probably find people have even screenshotted the conversations for the NPC's... or at least logged them.

With all of that, plus waypoint co-ords listed on those 3rd party sites... it can't require the amount of effort they state to rebuild the second IoR's (The very first IoR I know will be a complete sod to rebuild).

So why not bring back the second IoR's, dump us in Qeynos Harbor/East Freeport (where the brokers and merchants and stuff are) and put 1 NPC in that directs us to Antonica/Commonlands since I know there's quest lines out there. Done. There's your T1->T2 progression.
    Hreysti likes this.
  3. Ecugia88 Active Member

Yeah the Achievements stuff is just for bragging rights. Nothing important.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Just guessing here, but I bet each and every quest would have to be recreated by hand. Dialogs re-entered. Mobs copied and tuned down from the 95+ ones they currently are, etc. TIME is a factor here, they're not going to do it if it takes 3 weeks just to recreate a zone that players might spend an hour in.
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Matik Member

i have a decked out level 55 mystic i am messing around with right now trying to facetank solo old x4s with no merc, and if it wasn't for the epically long stuns and stifles that are obviously meant to be cured by someone else, I could do it without much trouble

lack of aa will help but still isn't going to be enough, so if a dev is still reading yeah you REALLY need to work on some sort of buff for mobs or debuff for players. the stat inflation on gear is enough by itself to throw everyone way way way out of whack. pets for example do crazy damage now at low levels because of how they scale with primary stat

(and by decked out I just mean all quest gear of the appropriate level and masters/experts, single target ward is ancient which is way too good hopefully those won't be dropping)
  6. KhaineUK Active Member

It's pretty much just a load of database entry. If a group of fans working with emulators and broken code can re-create the IoR in a MONTH (and we're talking 2-3 people here), then I think devs with direct access to the server and the proper tools could do it in considerably less time.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Um....how many devs do you think EQ2 has atm?

As for the time frame we're talking about https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/608696239396384768

[IMG] Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker
    Happy day!! We're preparing TWO Time-Locked Expansion Beta servers for #EQ2 in early July -- one for PVE and one for PVP! Details soon (tm)!

So they hit beta in "early July" 3 weeks...maybe 4, but 4 would make it mid July.

Edit: BTW, Holly Love the jersey! I'm Canadian born and bred.
  8. KhaineUK Active Member

2-3 I believe was quoted for the EQ2 dev team.

My point stands. If 2-3 FANS can recreate the Queens Colony AND the Isle of the Overlord, in their spare time, through data farming and without access to the proper tools... IN A MONTH... I'm pretty damn sure the devs can do it in half of that. I know they seem to like to say they "don't have the data" but the simple fact is there are rules and laws that state they HAVE to have it for X amount of time AND there's plenty of 3rd party sites that most likely still have all the waypoints, NPC screenshots, quest dialogue, etc.

I honestly believe they could have it done in a week or two, given they'd be working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week instead of a spare time thing.
    Hreysti likes this.
  9. KhaineUK Active Member

Also, I want to re-iterate I'm talking about the SECOND incarnation of the IoR. Not the very first one, which was exactly the same no matter which alignment you were.
    Hreysti likes this.
  10. Wabit Active Member

I got excited when I saw these new servers, even installed the game again after 4ish years (I'm totally lost tbh). I was in a decent/good raid guilds (depending on the expansion), cleared everything in-tier (except the music instrument raid, and a few avatars) until I quit during the expansion with the mythical weapon quests (life change is main reason I quit).

I want the game to progress like it did combat-wise. IE Shatteredlands pre LU13 introduce the plague event and bonus packs after all the contested, prizy, and instanced have been beaten a few times. Don't introduce AA, raid zone re-entry, repair bots, ect until they were introduced originally. I'm all for even the negative aspects of the early game (I gained my aversion of getting dead then). Shard runs to the bottom of SotL after you just re-spawned the zone, buffs on timers (yes I know all the chanters will hate that again). Make the game challenging. Early on in DoF where i was mit meant nothing, everything hit with elemental attacks, was immune to something magic (being a Guard/Chanter blew).

As for the timer to vote or just timer (I like the vote option better), can we start the DoF one as soon as the zone opens?

Wabit, Oasis, Rockeaters MT/GL (miss all those old guildies, even the ones I hated).
  11. Padrepyro Member

• Give us Isle of Refuge, dump us on docks in Antonica or Freeport.
    • Let subscribers vote 30days after all raid achievements have been completed and every 30days thereafter to unlock to next xpac, majority of votes wins. This must be a separate vote for PVP and PVE servers.
    • Put in zone debuffs where mobs are too easy to kill due to combat and stat changes over the years. A one size fits all solution will not work, though it may be a good start in tandem with this. I imagine only a few zones will require it.
    • Give us no-trade achievement reward tokens to redeem by a merchant for a variety of items, such as titles, house items and gear. This will encourage each aspect of the game and reward players in a way that is more suited to the unique offering this game excels at.
    And thank you. I will be resubscribing when this is launched.
    Hreysti likes this.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd rather have them fixing things like gear/mob difficulty instead of acting like unpaid interns entering quest text. Personally, I have no intention of playing on these servers, but I realize many do. I would suggest that the Isles are the LEAST of the things you need to worry about for getting these servers launched.

Edit: and if those 2-3 fans recreated it, then go enjoy it...what are you doing on the forums here still?
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Holly has already said no prestige homes so nope it won't even be purchasable from the market.
  14. Lord_Delita Member

I've been seeing a lot of players saying how this is more of a PvP revival than anything else, that the PvP server is going to be vastly more popular, etc. I really have no interest in playing on the PvP server, never enjoyed it in live. What do some of you guys think on the PvE vs PvP aspect? I really want to see both servers thrive but I always feel like when (2) launch, (1) is most likely going to die.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I PvE solely. I have 0 intererest in the progression servers...quite busy on the live ones, tyvm.

Reason PvP players are more interested is that the progression that happened through the expansions virtually killed the game they enjoyed, and rolling it back to KoS or EoF might give a chance for it to work again.
  16. Templetan New Member

I think the PvP and PvE servers will be equally busy at first, PvPers just tend to be more noisy on fourms, but I think the PvE server will have an higher ongoing retention rate and in 6 months will still be healthy.
    Alenna likes this.
  17. Filnydar Member

I'll be among the PVE crowd, hoping the server to be busy until Velious.
  18. Kelvani Well-Known Member

PVE here and love this. I really hope we get some original content events.. like unlocking the griffon towers too!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

I for one plan to roll a toon or 2 on the PvE server
  20. KhaineUK Active Member

Probably because it's not fully working yet. :p

Also, if you have no intention on playing on these servers... I ask a similar question to you. Why are you in this thread? Wouldn't your feedback be better used elsewhere?
    Hreysti likes this.