The Enraged Imp is a Broken Imp

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ZUES, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Seiffil Active Member

The only questions I have are that when a group dies, that group is out of the fight for the next 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until the curse fades from their corpses. This fight I believe already has the mechanism where he powers up as people die, does it really need to punish an entire group because one person failed the dps threshold check?

The other question is that if you do die, you no longer get the green message stating when it is acceptable to resume fighting him, which shouldn't be the case as those people can still trigger the curse again if they resume fighting too soon.
  2. Draylore Well-Known Member

Stupid obtuse fight.

When we wipe we really have no idea why.....then we pull again......do nothing different and win......again having no idea why.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

Just don't do damage when the rest text is out and he's checking. Yes, it seems some damage might not cause the fail condition, and that 'some' is variable between classes. But canceling the Assassin prestige is highly recommended.

I also instruct my force not to use POTM for this fight as we had heals triggering precise note somehow and it triggered the fail condition.
  4. Thalador Active Member

We took the imp down last night. No assasin so no chance of the apply poison bug, but there are certainly bugs still
  5. Gninja Developer

Apply poison isn't triggering the effect its just pushing your assassin over the dps threshold. I will mess around with the thresholds to account for it. You shouldn't need to cancel anything other then stopping attacking to beat the encounter.
  6. Kwikdeath Active Member

Thanks Gninja, you rock man! :)
  7. Gninja Developer

Also added a 5sec delay to his DPS check from when you see the message to give a little more time to get attacks stopped.
    Tylia likes this.
  8. Draylore Well-Known Member

Some info that may or may not indicate a problem. On our last raid we took down the Imp. Took us 2 tries....the odd part...on our first pull we had 2 fails ...thus taking out 2 groups.......first was group 1 with assassin....log showed Assassin as being the fail.......then later 2nd group goes down.....which had another Assassin.........log showed that Assassin as being the fail. On that pull we were going slow steady burn....hover around 3.5-4m raidwide (according to act). On 2nd pull......I said screw it....put Group Toxins back up and we all went full bore......back up to our normal 5-6mil raidwide.....yeah we got the red and all and seemed to get the first one sooner but never once had any group fail. Both Assassins were easily doing way more individually compared to the first pull...

Not sure what threshold is or how its being evaluated but sure doesn't seem to make sense.
  9. Wigg Member

Gninja, Last night I wiped the raid on the wizzy.. Fiery Blast triggers the AE if you have the text up to be careful. Not cool man. Not cool.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

Easy way to fix this mob and make people not hate it so much. Put a damn debuff on the people that can't attack it! As others have already stated the green text to tell you you can attack again doesn't work way to often. Use the red text to warn people but ditch the green text and simply put a debuff on people that can track in the det window. That way they can see when it's worn off and they can attack again.

PS ~ Who ever thought forcing groups to stay dead for an extended period of time is brain dead.
  11. Gninja Developer

The curse persisting through death was definitely not intended. Will get a fix in asap. But other than all the issues the fight works perfectly! :p
    Tylia likes this.
  12. Crychtonn Active Member

The fight most definitely does not work perfectly. Unless your definition of perfect is giving people a message to stop attacking and then not giving them a message when they CAN attack. Because your Green message most definitely does NOT work all the time.
  13. Kwikdeath Active Member

I think he was trying to be funny..... As indicated by the little smiley face with the tongue sticking out....
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We killed the Imp last week by having each group use a scout to target and their group target through them (this avoided the problem of having the MA and possibly his group dying followed by the rest of the raid).

Last night everyone was getting off the Imp IMMEDIATELY. Our MT was hitting F1 to target himself and turning to face the wall so there would be no accidental riposte damage. He wasn't casting, autoattacking, we pulled every buff off him that might possibly do damage or act reactively. The Imp was STILL calling him out and killing Group One.

As far as we can tell from looking at the logs the tank didn't do squat to the Imp from the moment the red text was issued. What's happening there?
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I'd leave the curse, it makes death and messing up an actual penalty.
  16. Pendragon New Member

Agree completely. Leave it in there. We need more challenge from CoE.
  17. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I disagree this isnt a case of script working perfectly this is more of a case of script behaving badly...as we have seen assassins prestige group damage proc and potm procing off heals is bugging it to heck...and thats the only ones we are aware of atm...my guess is the assorted new prestige procs may be bugging it out more than we know...as for the curse there is no reason to have this det persist on the entire group when they are dead until it expires naturally....
  18. Edrickx Member

This mob has become nothing more than a time sink, the encounter is entirely based on luck. There is no rhyme or reason to him calling people out. I tank it and always do the same thing F1, cut auto attack and turn around. Half the time I get called out half the time I get the green message. I could understand if every time I got the same effect and failed and had to figure out the issue, but that is not what is happening.

It is obvious the players have figured out how the script is to work, and it is obviously broken, time to fix this encounter.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

I disagree, there is no luck involved and it can be killed repeatedly with no issue.

A few abilities are a bit squirrely, but they are abilities that are easily disabled and were easy to identify as the cause for the curse.
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If you die once, you will never see green text again in that fight. You get rezzed after the 90 seconds of curse, then you get red text, saying you are watched, but no green text again.