The Enraged Imp is a Broken Imp

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ZUES, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Like the title suggests, he's broke. The entrie raid is "threatening" and even if you stop attacking you get one shotted (death prevents can eat it tho).
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

I should also add the script change gave us no warning at all on the first pull. The entire raid was at full health them sucking dirt in less than a half a second. The next pull we saw the red text but got one shotted without a chance to respond. The third time, red text had a short delay, we stopped attacking and ran away from him, BAM! The entire raid dead again. So it appears that #1 - the text is not giving enough advanced warning and #2 - the entire raid becomes "threatening" instead of just one group. And even if you drop target your still gonna die so the script is recording some type of damage other than direct attacks.

Gninja I think it's reading the dot's as a direct attack.
  3. Mathrim Active Member

I don't really want to say too much without point blank giving away the strat mechanic....but you are missing something.

We killed him last night after he had been fixed, and yes, it took a couple of pulls to fine tune it, but once we forced everyone to actually pay attention, it died without much issue.

The main problem with this fight at this point is just the amount of red text chat spam and missing your reaction window. Really wish this fight would only send the red text notice to each individual player and not spam all 24 players names in chat.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Tbh I am glad to see this. Raid fights NEED to be more difficult even in EM. EM Raids are imo supposed to give you insight into parts of HM Raid Encounters where multiples of these crazy mechanics are in effect. I am sorry the imp is confusing you but he is indeed killable. Just man that red-text spam I have heard of it, due to limited raid time I actually have only fought Borodass & Baelon in ToTF: AoA
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

Well this was unexpected. Okay then please disregard Gninja. I firmly agree that COE fights need to be (and should have been) more difficult. This was our third zone for the night and we only got 3-4 pulls on him but if you guys beat it, and the script is legit, we'll go back and figure it out. Please don't share how you did it.

Edit: The more I think about this the more I think there's still bugs in the fight. We got one shotted on the first pull without any warning or red text. The previous script would suggest a particular group has become "threatening" and now the entire raid force is. The update from yesterday said it now recognizes threat more accuratley but no other changes were posted. We've beat him several times already. Harder is good but are you sure these changes were intended?
  6. Mathrim Active Member

Zues, I'll just tell you this. All it takes is 1 person not paying attention and following the mechanic properly to kill their entire group. Once that 1 person flubs it up, that group is out for the duration of the death curse which is around 1 minute 30 seconds. D

The Imp has a 24 player death limit before he enrages. So....factor that out. All it takes if 4 people during the entire script to screw you over. Tell people to stop browsing nudie sites, stop watching television, stop talking on the phone, etc.....

Once you figure out the base mechanic which you sound to still be working out, the rest is just a PAY @#$@#ING Attention people! That's actually the harder part of the fight.....
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

Oh and I know of three guilds on Crushbone that got their butts wooped on this raid last night. So it's not just us. All three guild have previously killed him too.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Perhaps. We had a MA that dropepd target and these guys are usually pretty good about that.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I have 2 complaints about this script that I think should be fixed.

1) It doesn't need to spam to every player that every other player is being watched. 24 lines of red text each time is excessive.

2) The green text when you've successfully countered the event is not in your chat window and thus can not be parsed.

The result is, even with GC triggers, I can't identify the person who isn't paying attention, I just know what group that person is in.

Can we maybe get a big red text identifying the person or people that screwed up? It would make removing them from the raid much easier for us.

This fight is now sorta like venril lite. I think it might get old quickly if we can't better identify exactly who can't pass the scripted event.
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

My raid group tried the Imp last night after the patch. We figured out that someone in whichever group got wiped did something wrong....my assumption is targeting the mob before green message?. With the way this fight is now is really hard to determine who screwed up....unless I am missing something there is no indication in the log as to who triggered the fail condition....all I see is the 24 red texts.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Correct, there is no way to parse out who messed up. That coupled with exactly what triggers him checking you and exactly what he's checking being fairly obtuse. it will take some guilds a while to get this fight down.

Even figuring it out, it took us 3 pulls to get it dead. Largely cause some people didn't listen, or chose not to believe the instructions they were given, or felt some compelling need to try to find the exact breaking points. Had I been able to parse out exactly who was failing the check, we'd have spent less time on the mob.
  12. Draylore Well-Known Member

Hmm your phrasing tells me that its more complicated than RED = stop...GREEN = go :( LOL would explain why we failed :(
  13. Gninja Developer

I will take a look at the text spam. Would you rather only the person affected get the red/green text for themselves? Then just announce to entire raid if that person did not follow script?
  14. Chronus Active Member

That would be better but you say it as though it's not intended to hit everybody... it does. Even the templar got it.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

BOTH... sort of. The red text should go to the people being watched, for sure. If its the entire raid, tho, there's no reason to tell me that each player is being watched, on a single line for each one; just put a single message saying the raid is being watched. If it only watches a group at a time, then only that group needs to be told (again, a single line message saying as much is better than 6 individual lines naming each person being watched). If its a random number of individual players in different groups, then perhaps we can get that either to the whole raid or just to that player, whichever is easier to put in. But we NEED to get the RED TEXT OF FAIL after they mess up so we can make fun of them and/or kick their slacker butts out of raid after messing up too many times.
  16. Gninja Developer

Fair enough :)
  17. Draylore Well-Known Member

^^^
    Lets be honest....that is the real fun in raiding after all. :)
  18. Draylore Well-Known Member

You might want to take a look at the script cause sounds to me like your saying only a single person should be affected but it looked like all 24 were effected. Unless there are 'false readings' intended.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I just don't see how red text saying "You are being watched" gives any freaking clue as to what to do next. Yes, I know what to do, now.

We been taking him down for couple weeks, then last night after update he was completely different and wiped us, and we tried running to circles clicking the gorilla, etc. I just don't see any correlation with the red text and what you are supposed to do to 'counter' it. Is it in the quest/story/whatever and i just missed it?

I do only need to see my red/green text the rest is just spam since I can't change it and the red text goes to every single person in the raid.
  20. Mathrim Active Member

Gninja,

Even though we killed it last night, we really didn't get a good "feel" for what the actual script failure part was. We had a general idea after a couple of pulls and worked off of that. I'm thinking seeing 24 peoples name in red text might have had us overreacting to the point where we had our entire force following steps to prevent the curse which from what you said in the quote above may have been an overreaction on our part. It's just that the way the text notifications are now and the way the effect seems to be entirely random with the players monitored, we had to go full c.y.a.

Mae pretty much covered the jist of it. There really is no need for 24 line spam if its everyone. One simple message saying Your force is being watched is enough. The green cleared for action text really needs to be added into narrative chat so that we don't have to rely on pop up messages which are notoriously laggy for some.

Those 2 fixes would be enough to cover the current combat mechanics. It's really just execution at that point. The notification of who failed to follow their prevention steps would just help to narrow down the people that need smacked.

Now, if the intended script is that he only monitors a certain few players, then that would really be up to you if you want to change the notifications. It would make for a much easier and shorter fight as the rest of the players in raid could continue dps'ing/healing/tanking. Once we had the jist of the mechanics down though, it really wasn't that long of a fight.