The End for Warlocks? Concerns from an Outgoing Warlock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Wow this really has informed me a bit about some other classes. I play a tank and illy (poorly) as an alt. I had no idea how the mages lined up currently been keeping more active on the fighter boards. Though from a tank perspective Conjies are more likely to rip aggro on a pull than Warlocks are even if they only rip for .5 seconds average.
    Feara likes this.
  2. Chronus Active Member

See test notes, be happy-ish. Wait for game update notes, finally see them, changes aren't included. Feelsbadman
  3. Scab New Member

The end of the Warlocks started with GU 13. Those that played from the start will never forget that GU. It was the single most devastating GU. I play off and on now and everytime I start playing again I log on to my original main (my Lock) to see if they've fixed them. To my non-surprise I find that they still have the same laughable spells that were then and still are now lackluster. The Warlock was the ONLY class I wanted to play. I was forced to reroll during my raiding years due to min/maxing. Now my lock is my tradeskiller and harvest bot.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Estred - A foolish Conj might EB/Soulburn before the mob is set and rip aggro. This would be moronic.
    However, a Warlock with 180 increments could easily blow their big nuke and cause a similar problem. Neither class should ever rip aggro at the start of a pull unless the player is being foolish.

Reactions: The changes on test are a step in the right direction.

I think 2 additional things would help, and give us about the amount of balance we're hoping for.

1) Make Dark Infestation's damage over time aspect continue even when the adds pop
    2) Allow Sorcerers to spell triple attack as a class specialty. The spell triple attacks would be quite rare, but would give us enough of a boost to be sitting above necros and conjs when the stars align.
    Feara likes this.
  5. crazyeyes321 Active Member

Please god, find something other than asking for rare special cases of triple spell cast of doom.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Hehe Mogrim my point was that regardless. Making that dps choice is a mistake on incoming, and two as a tank; it doesn't phase me as my recapture time is usually less than 1 second and equates into about the cast time of a snap. I actually like the idea of a rare Triple cast as a class unique though it would have to be carefully balanced because Warlocks are the AE dps and Wizards are supposed to be the single target dps.
  7. Dinwiz Active Member

nope not true in this xpac at least every one a single target now
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I was referring to the "model" Sony used when they released the classes. I know its not true now, so by that token who is to argue which mage is more ideal in which situation? If they are all equal tier DPS then sadly one of them must be toward position #4 at any given point; the four mages in question being Conjuror, Necromancer, Wizard and Warlock.
    Silienia and Dinwiz like this.
  9. Magic Missiles Active Member

I have played a warlock for years and loved it- could always find ways to work around the changes and nerfs and still have fun. Until now. Playing a warlock today is just horrible. My **** alts get these wtf prestige abilities that are constant and have some real benefit. If i decide to keep playing I will swap mains, but it would make me very sad to do so as my heart has always been in playing the warlock.
    Really disgusted.
  10. Silienia New Member

i know many warlocks who out parse anyone, easily hitting 400k and maintaining that throught fights, its all a matter of how u play it
  11. Thalador Active Member

400k? Sorry, but in raiding bards/chanters should be there. My lock parses anywhere from 700k+ and get beat by summoners each and every time.
  12. umiawkeo New Member

With the extension skyshrine, warlock with good equipment and a troubadour could reach 400 K, but now it is no longer the case with AOE warriors, spells the summoners captivates the DPS is drastically reduced in multitarget summoners reach over 700 k.

And the most funny is no longer multitarget spells that make more damage but monocibles the height of stupidity.

to increase the warlock should increase or decrease the recast time launches fate as some Apocalyspe or absolution and turn them into real aoe with at least 12 targets,crack should be also reduced to 20 targets and bring up the last right row prestige power be right back to 12 or 15 targets and the warlock will multitarget not really a triple attack but true aoe

More like I reported nobody seems to realize that there is a bug on the tree straight prestige points, which proves how warlock are no longer played
  13. Dinwiz Active Member

spec left side and win
  14. Tommara Active Member

Sad about this. My level 90 troubador is last on my list of 90/90+ toons to get to 95 because I'm not too happy with a troubador's effectiveness relative to my alter-ego either, but have been too stubborn to change and hoping for improvement.

I haven't played troubador much for about two years now (just been trying to keep him at level cap for the bonus to my alts, and even that doesn't seem worth the effort now). I'm really glad to hear that my troubie could make a difference to you, but it sounds like we're both going down together. :/ And for pretty much the same reasons - it's not so much that the class is badly conceived, but that the world around us has changed and we haven't changed along with it.
  15. Silienia New Member

i was talking pre-coe D: now i know warlocks maintaining 800k plus my guildmate frequently hits a million
  16. zemoff New Member

In current ballance socr 10% wost dps then summoner and summoner need to do nothing exept spam 3 buton.

Imho wizzy more broken then warlok but for sorc soe need split base conversion from pretige tree and allow to take both line with 1 final and 1 conversion.
    Asid storm convert to huge aoe with big cd.
    Dark Infestation convert to dot with big cd and pioson aura on mob

And wizzy FB need work like bard concerto and wiz left line most be inline with summoner right line