The Elementile Challenge

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Basically, anything that has "________ Tile" or "Tile of _______" in the name?

Uwk
    debating strongly about this, but saw the notice way too late... :-(
  2. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Yes, if it has tile in the name, it's fair game. If it's a round tile, it's fair game. If it's a square tile, it's fair game. Misty tiles are fair game! If it's a grassy knoll, it's fair game too.

The March 5th deadline is more of a suggestion than a hard deadline, so hop on the bandwagon and churn out an elementile! ;)

Bolded and reded the important bits. *grin*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Yrdach New Member

So I was gonna make this elementile turtle eating something cute and innocent, then my toddler came over and she fell in love with it and well I just could not make it doing anything horrible to another critter at that point. Located on Nagafen Server, Personal Planetarium, Owner: Gloaming

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got the Personal Planetarium as well on Splitpaw with a character there; may be the only place big enough to set up all the tiles I have currently that I'm planning to use for another project, which is still "in the works," as they say, so hmm... ;->

Uwk
  5. Kytti_EggCollector New Member

So, this probably would have turned out better if I'd been playing with the editor for longer. Still, it's not too bad for a first attempt, I think.
    [IMG]
    And hmm, the pictures seems to not be working?
    Anyway, It's on the Freeport Server, Manors of Erollisi. Owner is Haddiemae. It's actually not my house, it's a friend who made the mistake of making me a trustee (so I could fix a couple of ceiling tiles for him) and then leaving on vacation without taking me off trustee status. He knows me well enough to not be surprised if I put a random egg or two in his house, but I doubt he is expecting an angry "Eggamentile" hanging out in the basement eating his plushies.
    [IMG]
    (And if anyone can tell me how to make the pictures work, that would be great too.)
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

It looks like you're trying to link from Facebook, by the URL I was able to see.
    Try saving the pictures to your desktop, upload them onto imgur.com or photobucket.com or something, and link the URL from there instead.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if doing it from www.deviantArt.com will help? I was thinking about Facebook, but not if it's not cooperating. :-/

Guess I can always "be empirical" (--Jeremy Bub, PhD, Yellow Submarine):

[IMG]

Wow. How long is it supposed to take? It's not even trying to show up; maybe it would accept it if it were an actual piece of MY art... ;->

Let's try:

[IMG]

Well, foozles. It's only 21.6 Kb, and gacking on it...I don't get it. :-/

Does SOE only accept stuff from imgur.com or photobucket.com? And aren't there cheap (i.e., free hosted) websites out there we can do ourselves to post stuff to, and then link to? I'm just not fond of having to join 8,000 other things besides the ones I'm on just for some screenshot posts... :-/

Uwk
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

You don't need to join imgur to use it.

You upload, grab the URL link, and post it. It's what I use for the forums here.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it back up again yet? Just Googled it to find out more about it and it was down for awhile? :-/

Hmm, apparently it's up again...will have to try 'em out...hmm.

Uwk
  10. RockRoll New Member

11. RockRoll New Member

This should be interesting.. I wonder how many entries will be submitted? looking forward to see what comes up..
  12. RockRoll New Member

Below is an epic battle of 2 elementals, an elemental of frozen light and a gem elemental. There is a non-elemental ref to judge the battle, and the room has seating for several to watch the epic battle. This can be found in the Shades of Anarchy Guild hall, in New Halas, on the Crushbone server. Designed by RockRoll.[IMG]
    Margaret likes this.
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Any update on this? :rolleyes:
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh, yeah, here's an update...Brewday started at midnight on the 7th, so I think a lot of our more creative folks are spending time there with the new pretties. I'm spending time there because I've got Uwk here and 35 alts to provide for...luckily, my main server and Test have old veteran characters, who already have just about everything (though I would like that Betsy the Cow plushie for my carousel with Uwk, here; will have to see if she was from last year and I might have her already) but the newest books. ;->

So now, it's just my other two servers that need the good stuff, but they're babies, so I'm crossing my fingers that one of them will be able to get the Beers for Brell! backpack recipe. :-/

But the minute I'm free, it's back to my elementile! I have plans for him/her/it... ;->

Uwk
  15. Endara Member

The URL http://darth-hellgrrl.deviantart.com/art/Old-SCA-Gag-118060057 goes to a deviant art page, which you can't use in an image tag. To get the URL for the image, right-click on it and select View Image. You'll then see just the image in your browser with the direct URL in the address bar, in this case
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/094/e/c/Old_SCA_Gag_by_Darth_Hellgrrl.jpg
    That's what you paste into the Insert/Edit image box. Hope that helps.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh my, yes!!! Thanks! I was tearing my hair out over this, trying to make it work...excuse me while I Ctrl+C this into Notepad for perpetuity. ;->

After that, I'll try again to post successfully...watch this space. ;->

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Let's try this again...testing, testing, 1, 2, 3... ::crossing fingers::

[IMG]

WOOT!!!

Thanks again, Endara! :D

(and I hereby apologize for the awful pun; Bristlebane's Day hasn't officially started yet ;->)

But at least now, I can post my stuff! ::happy dance, while grabbing Endara's hands and swirling her about::

Uwk
  18. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Apologies for those who have already posted their elementiles. My disappearance from game and the boards was unintended.

If you have posted an elementile, please private message me the character name, server, and the item you wish from the marketplace. It must be less than 300 sc. Thank you.

Jazabelle