The Dreadcutter: The Pirate Kings

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lempo, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Rhita Active Member

Considering most people from those 5 guilds have suggested minor fixes. I'd say those minor fixes should go through. The changes suggested by Slippery would not make the encounter a push over, just take away some of the annoying luck factor.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

And if that is the worry, tweak thier damage or hp a tiny bit to either
    A: Make the encounter harder for healers
    B: Make it last a bit longer.

If either are done in very small amounts to counteract the "nerf" these minor suggestions would make (which btw they don't seem nerfy to me) then I see no issue with the suggested changes.
  3. StaticLex Active Member

Having the scout with the curse be immune to the port needs to go in, that's just dumb design as-is.

Having both healers from the same group be immune to the port seems like a tempting nerf but it's mostly not necessary. The only time I can see it becoming a serious nightmare is if the upper names port both healers from the lower name. For any other group's healers at least 1 of them will be heading in the general direction of their own group anyway.
  4. hellzelves Member

^^ THIS
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

Rezing people in the add/port room really illustrates the problems with this encounter. 1 person died in there last night. Rez, pops up on the side and instantly one shot by Shamus. Rez, repeat. Rez, finally not off to a side where 1 shot. Someone died on port. Rez, off to side one shot. Rez, in table can't move.
  6. Primaeval Active Member

I know people aren't going to believe this... but.... today's patch broke the Pirate Kings. Between 65-70% the zone completely lags out. It doesn't crash, but people either need to zone or kill themselves to reset the encounter. Reproducible.

Great job. Again.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

:eek: nooooo not another Drinal!
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Was thinking we prob shoulda just left the fight as is with the luck pieces just cause I didn't trust the "fix."
  9. Xelgad Developer

Well, this is exactly what we were trying to avoid. /facepalm

I think we've got it fixed internally, and we'll get it patched ASAP. Sorry guys!
  10. slippery Well-Known Member

Was something changed with Rallosian Unity that caused this to happen? I didn't see anything in the patch notes, and the scout curse/port thing was in the notes Tuesday as well
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Oh man.. lol.
  12. Xelgad Developer

The bug that rarely caused the pirate adds to stop spawning could theoretically also apply to other aspects of the fight, including Unity. Unfortunately, the fix for Unity obviously did not work as intended.
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

Sucks. I'm guessing Tuesday?
  14. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Related question. Is there any plans to make the raid content on test more accessable for certain players to test? Or a reward system for a guilds that spend time on test copy to help make sure these issues aren't missed?
  15. StaticLex Active Member

Hold one a sec.. you mean we shouldn't have to perform quality control for free?!
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm more surprised people need an incentive to help make sure a game they are invested in is working properly when given the opportunity.
  17. StaticLex Active Member

Sorry, I draw the line at paying someone to work for them. And who do you think finds all the bugs when they blindly push it to the live servers? Yeah that's right, the same people that would be testing it on the copy server anyway.
  18. scousetroub Active Member

Pretty sure a guild tested this and missed the add glitch, There is also another one I know of that has happened to us & other guilds.
    Sent email about that one as well
  19. scousetroub Active Member

I did at one point we thought that the damage reduction was not been applied to unique classes.This turned out to be that the item can not be used during recovery period,
    This item/ Amulet can be used while stunned so thinking this may of been over looked -. It happens a lot when the item is attached to a tell implied target macro.
  20. scousetroub Active Member

ISP working on line dropped me before I could edit me post - So for those that may think along the same lines

We did think that at one point that the damage reduction was not been applied to unique classes.This turned out to be that the item can not be used during recovery period.