The Dreadcutter: The Pirate Kings

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lempo, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Twyxx Well-Known Member

It was our first raid working on the witchdoctor so wouldn't have known what to practice. Went in there last night and figured some stuff out for next time.
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

Yea, no random luck at all in the Witch Doctor spawns. I mean, getting every single one as far from the scout who has the curse as possible, no big deal. Not like you have to wait on lightning. And the mobs are healing. And you can get screwed by that scout then getting ported with a mob on them. Then getting stunned by adds that spawn with a seemingly 20m range stun/root with a recast barely longer then the duration, a stun that hits you while you're on stairs that you have to run to get to the Witch Doctor. A stun that if you get hit by is basically guaranteed to get you hit by the Lightning Storm and cause your death because of the small interval. Yea, none of those things are random.

What was your kill time? How many Witch Doctors did you get close by the pull you killed it? We both know that you very likely got pretty lucky with Witch Doctor spawns.
  3. Eminaria New Member

That's what I ment, now that you know what to do you won't need to wait for the next time you get it to practice... that way you'll be able to do that part when need be.
  4. scousetroub Active Member

14 mins and that was been cautious took us about 7 mins to get it to 30% that should of been faster. As we have done that in less time before.

As for the witchdoctors the two I killed where up stairs can't pick up logs from south room from where I am most the time so mb 8 witches.

Lighting is very easy to track and dumb if you get killed by it in all honesty.

You will kill it tonight as it is not a hard mob you raid a little longer on Sunday iirc.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

Gratz guys on your kills well deserved, instead of calling for nerfs you guys killed the content as is.
  6. Twyxx Well-Known Member

hey thanks, buddy!

only thing i'd adjust on it (other than moving that table and staircase) is make it so port scout can't get the curse at the same time. really hard to pull off both in time if on opposite sides.
  7. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Would still be nice if lightning didn't hit you while you were inside the room. Not being able to tank it in corners because you'll get hit by lightning through a wall is :(
  8. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I have come to enjoy this fight quite a bit. It was incredibly well-implemented, to be both challenging and without need for many fixes to be a viable fight. It is better something goes in too hard than too easy, I figure.

Thank you for the new content!

I'd have to agree with the above that the scout with the incurable detriment for Witchdoctors should not be selected as a named-port target. It's a frustrating run of bad luck.

Unrelated to the Pirate Kings fight, I would like to see the trash HP reduced for the zone. It just feels like they take forever.
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

6 2hs, 1 1h, 1 bow looted so far ww.

Sad RNG :(
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

Would rather say: bad lootpool ~

Edit: okish jewelry tho
  11. Bchizzle Active Member

I would give 1 scout in each group the uncurable curse as a fix and leave the rest of this encounter alone.
  12. Ashwind Member

Just lols
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

Range of everything on this encounter should really be reduced by 5m. The adds all too often spawn and stun people outside the room/up the ramp on the stairs. The two named on the top ae across the boat more often then not.

The scout with the witchdoctor curse should never ever get ported as well.

If there are 2 healers in a group they should never both get ported at the same time, it creates bad luck scenarios. Especially when it happens multiple times in a row. Same thing with 3 people in any group getting ported regardless of class. Only 2 people of any class should be able to get ported from any given group. 3 people in the dps group getting ported a couple times in a row can really spell death for the group, and then the raid as there are adds running all over the place.

Lightning needs the hit box looked at. It'll hit you through pretty much every wall. The visual also needs to be moved up 1-2 seconds. The sound is almost synced with the damage, the visual isn't really even close.

The little 1-2% heals from the Witchdoctor should be delayed a little so the encounter is more about actually complete the script and less about pray you don't get hosed with Witchdoctor spawns/lightning timing. Considering you'll have to wait on lightning sometimes the current situation really makes it all about hoping some of them line up.

I wish you could do something with the ridiculous zone art/geometry/line of sight but that's just a prayer. It's a disaster trying to rez someone dead on the stairs. It's even worse when people rez into the stairs and tables and can't move.
  14. Zezar New Member

Quote Arabel:

The two named on the top ae across the boat more often then not.

If there are 2 healers in a group they should never both get ported at the same time,
    when people rez into the stairs and tables and can't move.

Agre in this 3 issues

/Zee
  15. Daray Well-Known Member

The biggest issue with the encounter is that "luck" element of witchdoctor vs cursed scout locations. It can either make the encounter extremely easy, or draw out the whole thing for far longer, or land you somewhere in the middle of those extremes.

The only other things I would agree with in this thread, are
    (1) The problem of being rezed into zone objects,
    (2) Cursed scout also being an eligible port target,
    (3) And possibly the annoyance of the adds control-effect AEing through the walls to the stairs.
  16. slippery Well-Known Member

That's why I'd like to see a delay on the small 1% heals form the Witch Doctors. Give a little time for someone to wait for lightning/get to the Witch Doctor. It doesn't have to be a lot of time, just enough time so that you don't lose all progress by getting a far Witch Doctor.
  17. Daray Well-Known Member

Oh, and I forgot

(4) The mobs locking onto the #22 slot in raid if their target dies or are deagroed on the port-wipe.
  18. Daray Well-Known Member

And yeah, I don't know where Xelgad wanted the intended 'added' difficulty of the Witchdoctors to come in at, but as it is now, that random luck element (or unlucky depending on where you sit on the intended difficulty) can have a much larger swing on a guild's chances of success than I think it should. Luck can play a part in encounters, but it shouldn't have as drastic an outcome/swing as it can have here.

Perhaps this will become more apparent as we see how reliably guilds can kill and then re-kill this encounter.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

Easy solution:

- if witchdoctor spawns right next to someone getting the curse and gets killed, it will respawn as fast as it is now.
    - if witchdoctor spawns away from the person getting the curse and gets killed, it will respawn after double the time.

So you have the possibility to even out bad luck due to awareness/skill and get a bonus for doing so.
  20. Balbasur Active Member

Five guilds have killed it, please don't nerf AKA "Fix" it as others have suggested.