The Doughnut Thread (for fun:P)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, May 10, 2017.

1. kianne Well-Known Member

home made spagbol ... 1 tin chopped plum tomatoes
    1 lb's mince (ground chuck to u lot)
    2 peppers chopped small
    1 garlic smushed
    1 large onion chopped
    (Eyeball measurement ) Italian herb we like quite a lot about a table spoon or 2
    half a tub of passata
    and a hand full of Spinch

1 large courgette( zucchni to u lot) spaghetti fie'd in a zoodle maker or use a potato peeler and make ribbins cooked in a frying pan with butter
    and mature ( if u like mature) cheese on top( at the end when alls dished up )

prep all veg , fry up mince, add veg, add salt to taste if wanted( i dont cook with salt ) add chopped toms and the passata let simmer for 20 mins , cook courgette, and serve with the cheese ...... yuummmm yummmmm!!!!
    Gretel, Merriel, Ethini and 2 others like this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Is "smushed" an actual cooking term in the UK? Because I like it! :D
    Wizzam, Merriel, Ethini and 1 other person like this.
  3. kianne Well-Known Member

lol it is now .... kianne a fied :p
    Merriel, Ethini, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  4. Ethini Well-Known Member

I think ALL men fall into that categorization :D
    Hubby detests mushrooms, but loves cream of mushroom soup
    Luckily (for him!) he doesn't automatically dismiss foods he's unsure of, regardless of ingredients, he gives it all a taste first.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Mine hates mushrooms as well. To the point that we can't even get half / half pizza (because no bacon can touch my half, and no mushrooms can touch his. ) We always have to get our own separate medium pizzas. :p
  6. Ethini Well-Known Member

Ok, that's just too funny :D
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Hey UWK - does Trader Joes still sell the fresh squeezed orange juice?

It was one of our staples when I lived in Ca! Darn good OJ!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

smish smoosh smash smosh smush

There, now you have lots of words to use that mean basically the same thing, Shanette. :D

I love mushrooms. I used to cook with ground beef, but not anymore. In fact, I really don't eat much beef at all anymore. It's mostly pork, chicken, fish, or shrimp these days. Most recipes that call for beef, I'll substitute chicken. I'm very picky about the meat I purchase now too, because I've noticed that some companies add salt to their meat, and because I don't cook with salt, I can actually taste the salt they add and I don't like it. :/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That might vary from store to store; not sure they have it where we are. :-/

Where we're at, they have a "fresh grind the coffee beans" machine. So at least it's something to do with breakfast liquids, I guess. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and santargria like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I detest mushrooms...though strangely enough, I don't mind tree fungus and such too much. I wondered about that (fortunately, Da Hubby is my garbage disposal, and likes the things) and did a little research, and it seems that perhaps one of their "active ingredients" (and here I thought they were just sponges) for helping things with flavor is that the varieties that grow from the ground seem to have a sort of natural MSG, and I'm sensitive to that. So, it could be my body saying, "Hey, stupid! Don't eat that, you won't like it!"

And we've always gotten separate pizzas for desktop gaming, since we all have our hates/loves/can't eat situations (one of the gamers is majorly sensitive to anything in the Capsicum genus, including bell peppers; would wipe her out for any more gaming that weekend). Fortunately, the pizza joint has good deals on multiples. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

It's National Cupcake Lovers Day!! **Oh Shanette . . . **

[IMG]
  12. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think the word is out that I like cupcakes. :D
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

You are the Cupcake! [IMG]
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohh, those look cool! Are they from a specific shop, or just a generic Google image (or did you make 'em?)? :D

Uwk
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Generic google image. I found them!
    Here is MY generic google cupcake image

[IMG]
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! Cute! I can feel my E-numbers going through the roof just looking at them! :D

Uwk
    who learned that term from Doctor Who... 'E-numbers! You're hyper enough as it is!' --in reference to #11 pawing through a "loot chest" full of marshmallows ('Where are the pink ones?!')
    Merriel likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I 100% agree :D

[IMG] The Shanette Cupcake
  18. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hilarious!! <3 Merriel:)
  19. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ignore the edges around that cupcake. Pretend it is just some of the frosting that fell on the table before I put the cupcake down. (I actually just lassoe'd the background very quickly in an attempt to get rid of it, lol). :D

I have been so tired lately and seem to have very little motivation. Between school and this exhaustive state I am in, I've not really been very social, so I will ask you all to excuse me as I go through whatever this is that I'm going through atm. School is going great, so I know it doesn't have anything to do with that. I made the Dean's list both my first and second semester. I'm sure it has something to do with my autoimmune disease, and I'll feel better soon enough and bounce back again. I'm just taking things in stride for the moment, and happy that our Niboota project is almost fully complete.