The Dirge "Dream Team"

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-carlspackler, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudeq2 Guest

I regularly group with an SK and Defiler. Both Dirges and Defilers debuff disease and much of the SK's damage output is disease. This makes for a fantastic start to a group, assuming the mobs are not disease resistant.
  2. ARCHIVED-Balmung of the Azure Sky Guest

Berserker, Healer (non specific), Dirge, Swashbuckler, Troubador, Warlock
    Reason, you will have superior buffing with the bards. haste, blade chime, parry, str, agi, sta, defense, mana regen, spell proc, dps increase and i think a couple others.
    Since the dirge can boost dps, and a troubador can haste + berserk from the berserker, your melee will be outrageous. swashbicklers on their own are extremely high on the dps scale and have great single target and aoe skills, the awrlock buffed by the troubador will be able to do massive aoe damage. With blade chime, and precision, this group would out dps any other setup without contest. If you choose a fury as a healer, they have amazing aoe dps as well and will be effected by troubador as well. This is also well thought of since the dirge and troubador along with any healer can make a tank nigh untouchable for regular grouping. Lest us not forget that Dirge+Troubador STILL OWNS ALL. No doubt the best team you can have is the bards. Paired with the correct classes that would take the best from both bards is the ideal way as well. Rather make the warlock a necromancer and that necro's pet will be effected by both troub and dirge, plus the necro him/herself will be effected by spell procs. ooooo i love the sound of /ownage
  3. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

• Berserker
      • Great AoE damage for a Fighter.
    • Inquisitor
      • Increase the DPS of a group and has a nice Mental debuff.
    • Coercer
      • Increase melee DPS / Power Regen / Mez
    • Ranger
      • DPS
    • Brigand
      • Group stealth. DPS. Debuff.
    • Dirge
      • Songs
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

How would dirge, dirge, dirge, dirge, dirge, dirge do?
  5. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Why, very well of course. At the end of every fight, (or even during the fight if you're so inclined) any deaths can be ressed!
  6. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Worst... group... evah...
  7. ARCHIVED-Anvilhead Guest

One of the groups that I'm in fairly regularly does amazingly well.

Conjurer and tank pet, Necro and Wizard Pet, Necro and Wizard Pet, Inquisitor, Illusionist and Personae, and a dirge.

Power is never low, Necros and the Inquisitor can heal, Debuffs abound. For unlinked ^^^ mobs, the Illusionists is a welcome friend.

It's rather unconvential, and with all the pets and dumbfire pets, things get kinda chaotic. However, its non-stop killing action.
  8. ARCHIVED-GnarlyDude Guest

First off, truely the best groups all depend on the types of encounters. From my experience in PP:R a few days ago after parsing my logs. I out DPS's every other scout (in the non single encounters) in the raid and was only bested by the Necro & Warlocks. Now those are large encounters of 10+ mobs. I would have to say in a PP:R raid the best non-MT group would be Furry + Dirge x 5. Our 2 AOE spells are awesome in that zone, easily averaging 800dps-1000dps per pull (doing 30k+ damage per encounter) and still doing quite well on the singles at 300+dps. Although the Warlocks and Necros do better dps, they cannot take a hit or 2 if they get aggro where as we can in time for a spot heal.

An interesting group I think would be Zerker + Fury + Dirge x4. Great AOE DPS + tons of interupts & stuns + great dps if CoB is timed properly and Scream x4 on opening attack. Also debuffing can be split amongst all 4 dirges and the hate buff can be applied to all 5 melee classes so that STR is high while maintaing the same self hate as not having the buff on anyone in the group. All buffs we can be applied to the group. A very safe group with all the self heals and rezing abilities.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Got to play with a ranger in dream team instead of Wizard/Warlock. The beserker still had the highest DPS when combined with illusionist and dirge in any AE encounter vs multiple, even multiple unlinked mobs. The ranger and my dirge were often switching between 2 & 3 spots depending on length of the fight. Vs single targets the ranger owned but there were very few of those.
  10. ARCHIVED-CherryJo Guest

Dirge "Dream Team"
    Melee DPS benefits the most from the dark songs of a Dirge.
    Berserker - DPS
    Brigand - DPS, Debuff
    Swashy - DPS, Debuff
    Ranger - DPS
    Dirge - Songs
    Inquisitor - Group Buffs, Heals
  11. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Hm. Sometimes you'll want ranged burst damage instead of sustained melee damage. Ok, Ranger can do, but I'd like to see the occasional ice comet once in a while. :) Also, no real root/mez ability there, so you'll have hard time managing Cazel...
  12. ARCHIVED-Soupa Guest

mine.....dirge,fury,conjurer,conjurer,conjurer,conjurer
  13. ARCHIVED-DPF Guest

Well, as I 2 box it, and one of them is a dirge...we play with the following group every week and we have had great success with named and large encounters with adds...
    Guardian, Dirge, Fury, Bruiser, Defiler, and Paladin.
    With 3 tanks, we can easily handle the adds even in a tough encounter...extra group healing from the Paladin doesn't hurt...wards from the defiler, regen healing from fury...DPS from Bruiser and Dirge...and of course the Dirge Buffs to which all of the success can be attributed :)
    Actually, with Master power regen for group, that is more true than many know...they really miss it when I log :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Tympist Guest

Dant@Nektulos wrote:
    Um what the hell are you talking about warden dps doesent come close to fury dps.
    1 furies buff the snot out of int.
    2. int = Boost to spell type dps
    3. furies have faster spells
  15. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Tympist wrote:
    That post was over 2 years old...THREAD NECRO STRIKES AGAIN!
  16. ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums Guest

Personally, I like Kell's raid group set up :
    Inq, Troub, Illus, Ranger, Wizard.
    A normal group just isn't going to pull out the damage this group can.
  17. ARCHIVED-Skazi Guest

Zerker
    Assassin
    Necro
    Defiler
    Brigand
    Dirge :D
  18. ARCHIVED-nells Guest

For a "dream team" grind it out group, I'd go for:
    Dirge, Brawler, Defiler, Warlock, Brigand, Assassin
  19. ARCHIVED-Sidian Guest

SK
    Necro
    Dirge
    Defiler
    Warlock x 2

That and some Bertox love is all you need.
  20. ARCHIVED-Latpow Guest

Mythical group -
    SK, Dirge, Illusionist, Assassin, Inqus, Mystic
    Non Mythical group -
    SK, Dirge, Coercer, Assassin, Illusionist, Inqus