The Dirge "Dream Team"

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-carlspackler, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-carlspackler Guest

A friend and I were discussing this the other day and we were trying to decide what would be the perfect 6-person "Dream Team" to play with. The only thing that we really agreed about was the this - one tank, 2 healers, 2 DPS, and Dirge. Here is what I chose - Guardian, Templar, Defiler, Necro, Warlock, and Dirge. I might even swap out the Necro or Warlock for a Coercer when extra mana regen is needed.

My buddy said that he would choose SK, Inquisitor, Fury, Necro, Warlock, and Dirge. Not too different from my list, but he is a Fury, so I can see why he chose that :smileyvery-happy:

We didn't try to separate our choices based on different play types, but go ahead and make a separate list if you think it would change much. So, what would be your Dream Team?
  2. ARCHIVED-QuiPo Guest

Hmmm Here's mine
    Berserker, Dirge, Assasin, Brigand, Ranger, Templar
  3. ARCHIVED-paisan Guest

OP's group would get wrecked on anything that resisted disease/poison.
    With the way the game is right now?
    Tank-Healer-Dirge-Ranger-Ranger-Ranger =P
  4. ARCHIVED-Danterus Guest

Bruiser, Warden, Necro, Brigand, Ranger, Dirge
    If you can time CoB with the Bruiser's Savage Blows and Crushing Fury, it's a ton of damage. Also, the Rangers and Necro will be able to go all out because Bruiser aggro is great.
    Brigands have massive debuffs and knockdowns along with good DPS.
    Warden because they heal better than Furies and do comparable damage. Duststorm is awesome, too.
    Rangers are awesome and with Bruiser tank, no need to keep aggro song going to prevent them from ripping aggro.
    Necro for the longer battles. Necros can help out on healing, too, so that's always a plus.
    You'd have 3 classes that can rez and 2 classes that can heal. The Bruiser also has self heal.
    On nameds, have the Ranger use the stun poison. With Brigand and Bruiser knockdowns and the stun poison, the mob will never hit you.
    Message Edited by Danterus on 01-03-2006 11:55 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Berserker, Bruiser, Dirge, Fury, Templar, Conjuror is my take on anything short of raid content dream team. I would swap out the templar for an illusionist or coercer for pure exp grindage though. Any group with a decent tank 2 healers and 3 dps will mow through just about anything though. My dream team is basically just composed of my favorite classes. A bruiser grouped with a bers and dirge can do about as much damage as any teir 1 class, plus you have the advantage of extra crowd control with their mez/fear and off tankage. Plus Bers open wounds/rampage , and bruiser AE attacks combine with cacophony for devastating results. Fury has group invis and decent damage when extra healing isn't needed.
  6. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

As a bruiser I would take illuisonists any day! I'd even have my own pocket size illusionist that would acompany me every step I take. Prismatic strife is just... /dreamy sigh
  7. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

I actually had thse group last week , We were killing giants fast in PoF.

Dirge (me), Inquisitor, Warlock, Conjuror x2, paladin. I was tanking since pally was only 54 and i was 59 hehe
  8. ARCHIVED-stellerx Guest

dream team for dirge, fighting ^^^'s dirge, brigand, fury, zerker, brigand, assassin
  9. ARCHIVED-Estruendo Guest

Best grp for a Dirge

Guard + Swash + Brigand + Bruiser + Defiler + Dirge
  10. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

Before they nerfed CoB:

Dirge, Fury, Defiler, Berserker, Berserker, Berserker...

That was fun ^^
  11. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Dirge, Troubador, Berserker, Illusionist, Mystic, Warlock/Wizard is the group I play with most often and they rock, even take on waves of yellow epics and thrive.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tulerine Guest

HE GETS IT! lol
    Any group with a ranger is better off...3 is insane lol. Unless the ranger is a fool and likes to melee and not use bow.
  13. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Surprising coming from an illusionist. While rangers are great DPS I doubt they can melt down a bunch of unlinked ^^^ yellows in a few seconds and even beat down epic yellows in almost as little time. Illusuionist's Prismatic+ berserker with dirge is evil, toss in a troub for even more dmg and then warlock/wizard in case anything is still standing. Often the warlock/wizards makes a little sad face and says "I didn't even get to cast..." we all give a good evil laugh. Muhahaha. :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-paisan Guest

My co-leader is a ranger whom i play with regularly and he always embarasses most other DPS classes. I also use a parser so i can see the numbers. The only use i would have for that illusionist would be to clone him =P
  15. ARCHIVED-Tulerine Guest

Woops double post
    Message Edited by Tulerine on 01-04-2006 05:15 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Tulerine Guest

HAHA! yaa everyone seems too be making rangers these days....me, I made a dirge an I am loving him so far!

Ya I do the Pris havoc thing with Bruisers /Zerkers often. I never thought about dirge procs, does Tomb proc with each Bruiser/zerker strike?
  17. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Yeah, ranger damage is insane. They do have a little aggro problem though. With three rangers in a group, the tank may have problems holding aggro, even with us having Hyrans up.
    I would go for Berserker, Troubadour, Ranger, Dirge, Wizard, Templar.
  18. ARCHIVED-Schirf Guest

I'd take a Defiler who knows how to play over any other healer with the Dirge, as the nox debuffs stack.
    My group would be: Guardian, Defiler, Warlock, Dirge, Brigand, Ranger
  19. ARCHIVED-Beaumorte Guest

any group with a dirge in it is gonna be good :smileyhappy:
    but if you ever get in a group with both a dirge and a troubador, now your talkin...
  20. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Tomb has a chance of proccing still so no not every strike. However it wasn't tomb I was thinking of it's our Cacophony of Blades.
    And yes Troub+Dirge is a very nice addition to groups.
    Message Edited by Fromingo on 01-05-2006 12:34 PM