The Developers continue to do a terrible job with our class.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Germs666, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Time to betray guy what s in store is even worst than the last 3 expansions!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Revanis Guest

Crychtonn wrote:
    What really? I was debating whether to cancel my preoder for the xpansion, but if what ur saying is true, then it will be an easy decision to make. I can't see my self playing any other class. I love my necro too much.
  3. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Archimond@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Either betray like i did at RoK release or cancel your preorder if you are not willing to betray.
    It s up to you, i m sure some guy in your guild is in beta and willing to break NDA to give you a headsup of what s in store for necro.
  4. ARCHIVED-quallen Guest

I completely agree They are starting to get really apathetic and perdjudice toward melee classes (I play a tank but MY co-leader has a 80 necro) the pet abilities are helter-skelter and her DPS is less then impressive. We test our character setups in guild by dueling and it is simply is aweful that she has NO hope anymore of defeating me. This all hinged on a game update. if makes the class "broken". In my opinion SOE has a responsability to provide a fair and enjoyable experience as part of their product/service, and they have failed to do so

Quallen - Befallen
  5. ARCHIVED-Janl Guest

Dueling someone isn't a very valid way of testing a class. Also, comments like is the problem with semi open-betas. Chicken-littles everywhere whining about how the expansion is going to ruin their class and shout that everyone needs to just cancel their orders and delete their accounts, because SOE hates them/their class/playing favorites/(whichever other generalization you'd like to make).
    Why don't you at least WAIT until things are finalized before making any rash decisions. I'm sure the NDA will be lifted before launch when things are more set in stone. Right now, I'm sure things are still up in the air and that changes are probably still being made and whatever "some guy in a guild, told you in an alleyway in the slums of Freeport" may not even still be valid.

Also, i'm not saying that Necros don't have problems. I play a Conj and I know that summoners have issues, and that you guys moreso. Just think that trying to stay calm about it before jumping to conclusions may be wise at this point.
  6. ARCHIVED-jasinner Guest

The parse numbers you guys are throwing around here are senseless. On decent length fights without any helpful buffs, necros can pull respectable numbers. With proper buffing and jcap and heals for LB a skilled necro can pull some great numbers.
    The mythical pet thing is rubbish. Many other classes cannot make use of certain spells/effects in t9 with their current mythical weapons. This is something that will be addressed.
    The numbers game is not the problem so much as their desirability to fill a raid spot over another more useful but comparable dps mage. The recent change to the necro end line AA says to me the devs at least have a vision for the necro as a sort of high-maintenance but potentially high dps class. I will be interested to see how that aa parses out in the new raid content and how it affects shorter duration fights.
  7. ARCHIVED-Errar Guest

I have been a raiding necro since we had to get our shards in eq2. If you hate playing a necro now.......just wait until Feb 16, 2010. This marks the date all necros will be eliminated.
    Change to a conjy now if you want to dps. As for me, I just love my necro and can't stop.
    Hoping for fixes,
    Electri
  8. ARCHIVED-MickeysIce Guest

The lack of any developer input here, at all, is rather indicative of the amount of effort they seem to be putting towards our concerns and the class in general. Im guessing the title wasnt the best for trying to get them to put some effort into making our class appealing or raid-worthy, but title aside, the OP has a legitimate point. Fix necromancers and make them a class that will be wanted for group/raid. Please.
  9. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I've been gathering info about the upcoming changes for necromancers from other websites and it looks like some issues and spells are getting fixed. Not the major overhaul many of us want. Although one new AA ability has a lot of potential if used properly.
    Can we please get a dev to shed some light on specifics? Or an NDA lift would be ideal.
    I'm going to stick it out as a necro, conjis may be the new FoTm class. Funny how the classes the devs play seem to get all the love.
    Are necros going to be the new rangers??
  10. ARCHIVED-Clywd Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    I don't think that necros will ever become as good as rangers ;-)
  11. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

The way things look now, rangers are becoming the new necros. Ive been going around to each of the class forums to see who's pissed off the most with everything coming and posted the most complaints in the last week or so. I gotta be honest, I was saving you necros for last because I really was expecting more noise. Maybe there's just not enough of you guys left to complain, or maybe you're really getting straightened out, but go take a look at the ranger forum if you wanna see a group of angry people....
  12. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

I dunno if Rangers can become the necro when we still retain that spot as "useless" actually heard one of my raid leader say that they were going to replace the Brigand spot in raids with a conj.. sorta depressing lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

ranger bring accuracy to their group via their temp buff. necro dont bring anything they just leech buff from other.
  14. ARCHIVED-Draagun Guest

I have a lot to complain about, but I canceled (last day is the 20th) so really no point in doing it again- wasting my time typing out a critique that the people who can fix things will just ignore.

I leave and come back every year or 2 for a few months. I hope next time I come back everybody is saying that the necromancers are OP'd =) But I doubt it.

Anyway, good luck to you guys, I really hope they fix your/our class!